Sign in to follow this  
NeverBlueSince1902

The A11 tomorrow night!

Me and my son are driving to the game tomorrow night when I get home from work and we will be coming via the A11.

I drove down to Norwich on Friday and the traffic was mental up until the Elveden junction.

Is there any hope of the traffic being better tomorrow night?

OTBC!

It always is mental around there, should be okay once you get to the dual carriageway. Its always worse on Fridays too.

surreal..........firstly you must have had the map upside down as Norwich is up the A11 NOT down. Secondly why does your car have dual control....traffic isn''t an illness so how can it get better.......try leaving work earlier.

[quote user="NeverBlueSince1902"]Me and my son are driving to the game tomorrow night when I get home from work and we will be coming via the A11. I drove down to Norwich on Friday and the traffic was mental up until the Elveden junction. Is there any hope of the traffic being better tomorrow night? OTBC![/quote]

Friday is always worse though. There is little option though; London to Norwich: A1/A505 or M11/A14/A11 still feeds into the Elvedon ''drawbridge''. We like to keep riffraff out - not meaning you though, obviously!

...be pleased you don''t have to contend with the delights of the A12..

Should be less traffic on Tues night than Fri other than the fact that some Norwich and Leicester fans will be coming through there. A14 to Bury St Edmonds then A134 to Thetford is of course longer distance but avoids Elveden if it is stacked up.

[quote user="NeverBlueSince1902"]Me and my son are driving to the game tomorrow night when I get home from work and we will be coming via the A11.

I drove down to Norwich on Friday and the traffic was mental up until the Elveden junction.

Is there any hope of the traffic being better tomorrow night?

OTBC![/quote]Probably not as the Leicester fans will also come this way (though some may opt for the A47, fools.)

Should be less traffic on Tues night than Fri other than the fact that some Norwich and Leicester fans will be coming through there. A14 to Bury St Edmonds then A134 to Thetford is of course longer distance but avoids Elveden if it is stacked up.thats the way i always come at rush hour with little probs....

Its usually only a 10-15 minute hold up at the most....try sitting in the M25 road works for 2 hours average a day

[quote user="Iwan"] A14 to Bury St Edmonds then A134 to Thetford is of course longer distance but avoids Elveden if it is stacked up.[/quote]This. Along with not actually going into Thetford itself. At Barnham village (just before Thetford) turn right. Go through Barnham village and turn left at the bottom into Euston village. Then follow the road into Thetford, straight over the first roundabout (Bridge pub to your left), and right at the second roundabout. This helps you avoid the traffic in Thetford, and Thetford itself.

I don''t know...I read this one, then went on the one about people leaving early...and then went on another internet page on another tab, came back to reply, and was on this thread and didn''t notice....

But surely you can read the subject title?!

I''m not having a go, just curious as to how someone can make that mistake not once, but twice!

Well, for some reaosn, before i wrote the replies (both times), i decided to go on other sites, and came back, without reading the subject titles, because i thought i was on the right thread :P I''m making sure i do now.....

(i had never done this before in my 6000+ posts....)

[quote user="Methane"]surreal..........firstly you must have had the map upside down as Norwich is up the A11 NOT down. Secondly why does your car have dual control....traffic isn''t an illness so how can it get better.......try leaving work earlier.[/quote]

Yet another clever dick. Too many on this Forum these days.

The fact remains that the A11, which I now thankfully use only occasionally, is one of the worst trunk roads to a major City/settlement area in the entire country.

I live in little Broadstairs, it is served by dual carriageway/motorway to everywhere of size except ..... Norwich.