Sign in to follow this  
ca

So whats your team for Tuesday ?

Do you start with the same team as against Hull or would you make some changes?

I''d start with the same team myself unless of course there are any injuries from Sat or training today.

The most disappointing player on Saturday was probably Lappin, especially as he had played so well in the previous game. Everyone else played well enough, although the strikers, and Holt in particular, need to be in the penalty area whn the ball is "fizzed across"

It is difficult to see who could replace Lappin, however, Hughes and Fox are not left-sided players and we need Hooly up front. None of these three offer the defensive input of Lappin, and enither can Macnamee.

So, unless PL opts for a completely different shape, e.g. 3-5-3, I can''t see any change.

GK: - Ruddy

DL: - Drury

DR: - Martin

DC: - Ward

DC: - Barnett

DM: - Crofts

LM: - Lappin

RM: - Hughes

AM: - Hoolahan

S: - Holt

S: - Jackson

Subs: Rudd, Askou, K.Smith, S.Smith, Martin, Johnson, McNamee

Won''t happen though, as Hughes won''t even make the bench.

Sorry for the arithmetic breakdown 3-5-3. I mean 3-5-2, as an exmaple. If Lappin played wide left, with Hooly in the centre, there would be space to use to use Fox or Hughes, but it is a rather defensive shape to use at home, and I don''t expect PL to use it.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]GK: - Ruddy

DL: - Drury

DR: - Martin

DC: - Ward

DC: - Barnett

DM: - Crofts

LM: - Lappin

RM: - Hughes

AM: - Hoolahan

S: - Holt

S: - Jackson

Subs: Rudd, Askou, K.Smith, S.Smith, Martin, Johnson, McNamee

Won''t happen though, as Hughes won''t even make the bench.[/quote]??? Hughes!!!!!!!! How in fact dont answer that............ PMSL...... why would you change anything we played well saturday same team if we dont score in the 1st half then bring jackson on

Ruddy

Martin  Ward  Barnett  Drury

Smith  Crofts

Hughes    Hoolahan   Lappin

Martin

[quote user="Salopian"]The most disappointing player on Saturday was probably Lappin, [/quote]

Disagree.

Thought some of his combination play down the wing with Drury was brilliant. Infact it was probably the best aspect of our performance.

Stick with the same team, bar a deflective pass for the first goal and a free kick which you can do nothing about we played well. Y change?!!?!

We will score, somebody is gonna get a good thrashing by us sooner or later!!

Rudd,R. Martin, Barnett, Ward, Drury                   CroftsK.Smith                     Steven Smith (if fit enough to get 45 mins to an hour out of him)               Hughes/Fox       Holt                 C.MartinI would bring Simeon Jackson, McNamee and Hoolahan on around the hour mark if we needed goals.

P.KennyA.Rangel    Barnett     Gorkss C.Hill                          Crofts            Mackie              Taraabt                         Hoolahan                 Chopra    BellamyBench:D.Rudd, Whittingham,  Iwelumo, I.Harte, Ambrose, Maynard & A.Hamill.

The defence picks itself; the midfield needs to be more expansive.

Lappin and Drury link too well to change on the left but the right side is all wrong.

I would put Korey deeper and Crofts more advanced.

MacNamee starts alongside Martin with Holt IN THE MIDDLE ahead of both.

........................Ruddy..........................

R. Martin.....Ward.....Barrett.....Drury

.........Smith......Crofts.....Lappin..........

.................McNamee.....Martin...........

.............................Holt........................

4-3-3R.Martin     E.Ward     L.Barnett     A.Drury                          A.Crofts            K.Smith                      Hoolahan       S.Jackson                    C.Martin                          G.Holt

Norwich City of course! [;)]I''d stick with the same as Saturday as they played well but it wasn''t our day for luck. Lambert will have warned them about taking all the chances and converting them.The more important ingredient, for me, would be who and when to sub.

Ruddy

R.Martin    Ward    Barnett     Drury 

Crofts

Hughes      Lappin

Holt

C.Martin

[quote user="Brendo "]Ruddy

Martin  Ward  Barnett  Drury

Smith  Crofts

Hughes    Hoolahan   Lappin

Martin

[/quote]

No Holt?

Stick with the same, best performance at home this season so far on saturday imo and just need to start getting somebody on the end of the good build up play. Thought Drury and R.Martin attacked really well and were good linking up with the midfield. I think Lambert summed it up by saying we will win games playing worse - as already proved, and same as changing a winning team, why change one that played well and deserved something from the game?Lol at all the suggestions for changes tho, particularly dropping Hoolahan