Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Bottom club at home is the last game we want next!

...because there is added pressure of expectation - of course we''ll beat the bottom club at home, it''s almost too easy a game. And therefore, NCFC being NCFC, we''ll probably lose. Or draw at best. I''d rather we had QPR away after a defeat.

Absolutely crucial for this one that we are up and at em from the start and get them on the back foot. If we can get in front then likelihood is their confidence will be low and heads might drop and we could win comfortably. If however we let them get a foothold in the game then they will be dangerous. They are not as bad as their league position suggests.

One thing in our favour is that sousa''s job appears to be resting on this game and by all accounts there has been player unrest. If they are not that keen on him as a manager and they go behind we know from experience how players can throw in the towel.

The only reason I worry is I seem to remember a couple of years ago when Roeder was in charge that Leicester damaged a great run we were on. Think we went about 13 games unbeaten. Then they beat us 4-0.

I may be wrong though.

Still, Roeder was a tool, so this fact means nothing

[quote user="Canary1902"]

The only reason I worry is I seem to remember a couple of years ago when Roeder was in charge that Leicester damaged a great run we were on. Think we went about 13 games unbeaten. Then they beat us 4-0.

I may be wrong though.

[/quote]

Yep I remember but the reason we lost that game was because Roeder was a tool and we now have Lambert who is patently not a tool. I seem to recall Roeder made 2 or 3 completely unecessary changes to a winning side for that game. In fact didn''t he drop Hucks for bl**dy James Henry as well as making a couple of other stupid selections?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Canary1902"]

I may be wrong though.

[/quote]

Yep I remember but the reason we lost that game was because Roeder was a tool and we now have Lambert who is patently not a tool. I seem to recall Roeder made 2 or 3 completely unecessary changes to a winning side for that game. In fact didn''t he drop Hucks for bl**dy James Henry as well as making a couple of other stupid selections?

[/quote]This was the team. No Huckerby, even on the bench, which would suggest he was injured rather than dropped. And we were only 2-0 down when Russell got sent off.

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Doherty, Camara (Cureton

72), Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Henry (Pattison 62), Dublin, Evans.

Subs Not Used: Gilks, Pearce, Gibbs.

Sent Off: Russell (60).

Yes James Henry played, and Hucks was spotted in Sainsbury’s or somewhere like that during the afternoon. Roeder had messed around with the team on the Tuesday before as well in the 1-1 draw with Hull.

Aside from the dreadful game, it was a long a very beery day out.

The players hate Sousa, we''ve had about 5 transfer requests and he''s trying to offload our best defender because he disagrees with Sousa''s dreadful zonal marking, as well as refusing to play Fryatt.

Rumours are gathering that the new Thai owners will sack him soon when Milan leaves the club, who for some reason thought it was a great idea to get rid of Nigel Pearson.

Can''t see anything but a Norwich win, and I wouldn''t be too upset with that if it meant we lost Sousa, who is very quickly destroying Nigel''s solid foundations.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Canary1902"]

I may be wrong though.

[/quote]

[/quote]

This was the team. No Huckerby, even on the bench, which would suggest he was injured rather than dropped. And we were only 2-0 down when Russell got sent off.

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Doherty, Camara (Cureton 72), Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Henry (Pattison 62), Dublin, Evans. Subs Not Used: Gilks, Pearce, Gibbs.

[/quote]

From recollection I don''t think Hucks was injured. This was the beginning of the Roeder/Hucks stand off which saw the great man depart the club (and I don''t mean Roeder!)

[quote user="Bobby Can"]I think we''ll win, Lambert has installed belief in the team and they''ll show it again tomorrow!![/quote]

Agreed, Leicester won''t trouble us.[Y]

I''m pretty sure you''re right, Jim. My recollection is that Roeder left Hucks in Norwich, deeming him surplus to requirements. What a tool.

Of course, Darren could confirm this himself...

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Canary1902"]

I may be wrong though.

[/quote]

[/quote]This was the team. No Huckerby, even on the bench, which would suggest he was injured rather than dropped. And we were only 2-0 down when Russell got sent off.

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Doherty, Camara (Cureton 72), Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Henry (Pattison 62), Dublin, Evans. Subs Not Used: Gilks, Pearce, Gibbs.

[/quote]

From recollection I don''t think Hucks was injured. This was the beginning of the Roeder/Hucks stand off which saw the great man depart the club (and I don''t mean Roeder!)

[/quote]Jim, it seems you may be right. A shame we don''t have someone who posts here who REALLY knows the true story...[;)][:D][;)][;)]

[quote]A shame we don''t have someone who posts here who REALLY knows the true story...[/quote]Wouldn''t it be wiser to let sleeping dogs lie ?  This is a couple of years ago now, and the people involved have moved on.

[quote user="Dangles"]The players hate Sousa, we''ve had about 5 transfer requests and he''s trying to offload our best defender because he disagrees with Sousa''s dreadful zonal marking, as well as refusing to play Fryatt.

Rumours are gathering that the new Thai owners will sack him soon when Milan leaves the club, who for some reason thought it was a great idea to get rid of Nigel Pearson.

Can''t see anything but a Norwich win, and I wouldn''t be too upset with that if it meant we lost Sousa, who is very quickly destroying Nigel''s solid foundations.[/quote]I think you are trying to lull us into a false sense of security Dangles, you have some decent players and I''m pretty sure their pride will have been hurt and they''ll be trying to right a few wrongs.  Sousa will probably get sacked as soon as the new owners come in anyway.

Dangles, i don''t envy you. Your analysis of LCFC''s current position will remind Norwich fans of where we were not at all long ago. Not being all that bothered by (or even positively in favour of) defeat in order to get a manager out is a horrendous position to be in and makes the club an unpleasant place to be, but it has happened more than once in Norwich''s recent past. I guess the main difference is that we don''t have outside owners whose intentions it is difficult to be entirely sure of. Hope you get it sorted and we help you along the way on Tuesday (by winning of course ;)

Yes, will be delighted to do Dangles and the Foxes a favour by helping oust Sousa tomorrow!

But its the sort of fixture that makes me shudder!

Hull broke their away duck against us on Saturday.

We went to Tranmere and Orient late last season, both games we were expected to win-and got the old proverbial drubbing.

And I can''t remember when it was now, but, Bradford City at home a few years back-we''d won a good few games on the bounce, they had lost quite a few more on the bounces-so who wins, yep, you guessed it!

As has been said, need to get up and very much at them from the start. Please, and an early goal!

I was thinking of exactly that bradford game when i put this post up Shuck! Eventhough you rightly point out numerous other examples since then. I think Bradford were bottom at the time or hadn''t won away in years or something. There was some sort of additional factor to it, i remember it well and it was sooooo typical that we lost it! Pretty sure it was our promo season. I remember Simon Francis doing a job on Huckerby that game. He''s always looked decent when we''ve faced him. Quite surprised PL didn''t look at him as competition for RMart since he was available from Southend at the end of last season. Think he has ended up at Charlton.

I really do think we''ve got a squad capable of a top 6 finish again, maybe with the addition of another big striker or someone with a bit of pace upfront. All of Sousa''s signings have been awful, our £3m striker Waghorn is being wasted on the wing, our key players from last season are suddenly rubbish. The one positive is Andy King who has more freedom and he''s already scored 4 and had 3 goals disallowed, 2 of which should have stood.

Anything could happen on Tuesday really, we have played some excellent football under Sousa, just with little end product, but we seem to be going backwards, supported by the fact Pompey battered us without playing particularly well. If you have much aerial presence at corners, i''m sure you''ll take advantage of the zonal marking we use.

Hopefully i''ll be in a much more positive mood when Norwich visit the walkers in march, or as it will be known then, the King Power Stadium..

[quote user="a1canary"]I was thinking of exactly that bradford game when i put this post up Shuck! Eventhough you rightly point out numerous other examples since then. I think Bradford were bottom at the time or hadn''t won away in years or something. There was some sort of additional factor to it, i remember it well and it was sooooo typical that we lost it! Pretty sure it was our promo season. I remember Simon Francis doing a job on Huckerby that game. He''s always looked decent when we''ve faced him. Quite surprised PL didn''t look at him as competition for RMart since he was available from Southend at the end of last season. Think he has ended up at Charlton.[/quote]I think that game was the season we reached the play offs, we lost 4-1 and Robbie Blake scored a pen just after half time and took the pee out of the Barclay as part of his celebration. Watched the dvd only a couple of months ago and remember seeing it on there.

If we get into them right from the start and hopefully get an early goal then we could see a big score.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

Trust me, there is more pressure on Leicester to perform well tomorrow night than us. They have had a torrid start to the season and what better time to play them than later on when they will have probably found their stride.