Sign in to follow this  
QueensHills Canary

Hat's off to Crofts

I dont know if any1 else thinks the same as me but I''m am so inpressed with Crofts. The bloke win''s tackles that he should''nt, he moves the ball well and he never seems to slow down.

I''m sorry if this has already been said, but I think he''s the unsung hero of are team.

Rusty who!!!!!!!

[quote user="QueensHills Canary"]I dont know if any1 else thinks the same as me but I''m am so inpressed with Crofts. The bloke win''s tackles that he should''nt, he moves the ball well and he never seems to slow down. I''m sorry if this has already been said, but I think he''s the unsung hero of are team. Rusty who!!!!!!![/quote]

Agreed. Crofts has been our most outstanding performer so far this season.

He really is a player, everyone should admire, he gained the captaincy in his first season at Brighton last season, so obviously had the same effect their...i could see him being out Captain by the end of the season (or at least next season) If Holt can''t improve beyond his current performances :S

He really is a player, everyone should admire, he gained the captaincy in his first season at Brighton last season, so obviously had the same effect their...i could see him being out Captain by the end of the season (or at least next season) If Holt can''t improve beyond his current performances

Top Man

[quote user="Mainline"]

[quote user="QueensHills Canary"]I dont know if any1 else thinks the same as me but I''m am so inpressed with Crofts. The bloke win''s tackles that he should''nt, he moves the ball well and he never seems to slow down. I''m sorry if this has already been said, but I think he''s the unsung hero of are team. Rusty who!!!!!!![/quote]

Agreed. Crofts has been our most outstanding performer so far this season.

[/quote]

I have to agree with that, he''s been outstanding.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If Holt can''t improve beyond his current performances :S[/quote]

Huh? The only thing with Holt''s performance yesterday was that he tried to do too much. He''s brilliant at putting crosses in, but that means he''s not there to receive them. He needs to be nearer the goal for more of the time. He''s a true leader by example, trying all the time to make it happen. But that hurts his scoring stats, and hurts the team, ironically.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]If Holt can''t improve beyond his current performances :S[/quote] Huh? The only thing with Holt''s performance yesterday was that he tried to do too much. He''s brilliant at putting crosses in, but that means he''s not there to receive them. He needs to be nearer the goal for more of the time. He''s a true leader by example, trying all the time to make it happen. But that hurts his scoring stats, and hurts the team, ironically.[/quote]

Why are so many people in denial about Holt? The guy is a shadow of the rampaging player of the first half of last season, yet he seems to be treated as beyond criticism. Its an easy option to drift out wide when you''re not getting any joy in the middle, and he''s doing it too often. Having said that, he''s got to find his way out of Ayala''s pocket before Tuesday night.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Why are so many people in denial about Holt? The guy is a shadow of the rampaging player of the first half of last season, yet he seems to be treated as beyond criticism. Its an easy option to drift out wide when you''re not getting any joy in the middle, and he''s doing it too often. Having said that, he''s got to find his way out of Ayala''s pocket before Tuesday night.

[/quote]

You think what I said wasn''t critical of Holt? Read it again. He''s always had a tendency to get stuck in wherever the play is and to try to do the work of 2 men, but now we need him to concentrate on his own job. I can''t criticise his attitude though. Paul McVeigh''s recollections on RN before the match of Lambert spending most of last season''s games shouting at Holt to get back up front was very revealing - he could do it and get the goals last season because we were the class of the field, but it''s not so easy this term.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]If Holt can''t improve beyond his current performances :S[/quote] Huh? The only thing with Holt''s performance yesterday was that he tried to do too much. He''s brilliant at putting crosses in, but that means he''s not there to receive them. He needs to be nearer the goal for more of the time. He''s a true leader by example, trying all the time to make it happen. But that hurts his scoring stats, and hurts the team, ironically.[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree.

As for Crofts, he seems to have a similar style of play to Gerrard. The way he runs and covers the whole of the midfield as well as being able to spray it round brilliantly. Really impressed with him.

It''s not often you get a player who is all action and hard tackling who can also play very good football and Crofts can do this.  He is a country mile ahead of Russel.

Possibly the only Championship team, Lambert obviously saw him last season, and liked him, maybe no other championship team knew he existed?

Quite a lot of players do seem to like Norwich, maybe he did have choices, and he liked Norwich the most....

Or maybe we offered Brighton more money than anyone else....

agree totally, looks much better at the base of the diamond then on the right as he was against Watford. Think he will turn out to be one of the unsung heros of the team, will get through lots of work and provide a solid base for attacking.

Crofts is a bit Bryan Robson-like at times - avoids nothing, works hard and keeps it simple - he can also arrive in the box with excellent timing...

A definate player of the season contender if he keeps this level of performance!

He will be a contender for player of the season if he keeps it up in my eyes, that why i posted this, because i was hoping others were seeing what a good job he is doing.

A goal for him tonight maybe???? We need some1 to score!!!!!