Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo reporting from the USA

Hi all, Ricardo reporting from South Carolina where it has been very hot and today very wet.

I kept in touch with the Hull game on my Blackberry while on a walking tour of Charleston. A lovely City, but the result spoiled my stroll somewhat. Its all Gridiron and Baseball on the TV but I did manage to see some soccer on the Spanish language channels. The people are very nice but remarkably ignorant of anything outside the US. Its all, "Do you live near the Queen and We love your Tony Blair." FFS!!!!

Lots of steak, shrimp and Jambalaya down this way but looking forward to some Stafford St fish and chips next week and a nice pint of Peroni.

Good luck to the boys Tuesday night, 3 points is a must. OTBC.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.  I''ve always wanted to go to Georgia and Portland Oregon, maybe one day.I can confirm the Stafford Street chippy is still tremendous though the fact it''s closed on Mondays is dangerously close to a human rights breach.

[quote user="ricardo"]Hi all, Ricardo reporting from South Carolina where it has been very hot and today very wet. I kept in touch with the Hull game on my Blackberry while on a walking tour of Charleston. A lovely City, but the result spoiled my stroll somewhat. Its all Gridiron and Baseball on the TV but I did manage to see some soccer on the Spanish language channels. The people are very nice but remarkably ignorant of anything outside the US. Its all, "Do you live near the Queen and We love your Tony Blair." FFS!!!! Lots of steak, shrimp and Jambalaya down this way but looking forward to some Stafford St fish and chips next week and a nice pint of Peroni. Good luck to the boys Tuesday night, 3 points is a must. OTBC.[/quote]

Really missed your report this week Ricardo.

Needed cheering up.

Glad you are having a good time.[:D]

Ricardo, will you be hitting Savannah? Very nice enjoying the restaurants along the waterfront there watching the big ships go by.

P.S. Mr. Chops, what''s the appeal in Portland? It must be a long lost love. 

[quote user="ricardo"]Hi all, Ricardo reporting from South Carolina where it has been very hot and today very wet. I kept in touch with the Hull game on my Blackberry while on a walking tour of Charleston. A lovely City, but the result spoiled my stroll somewhat. Its all Gridiron and Baseball on the TV but I did manage to see some soccer on the Spanish language channels. The people are very nice but remarkably ignorant of anything outside the US. Its all, "Do you live near the Queen and We love your Tony Blair." FFS!!!! Lots of steak, shrimp and Jambalaya down this way but looking forward to some Stafford St fish and chips next week and a nice pint of Peroni. Good luck to the boys Tuesday night, 3 points is a must. OTBC.[/quote]

My sister lives in Charleston Ricardo, a lovely place to visit [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

My sister lives in Charleston Ricardo, a lovely place to visit [:)]

[/quote]

It was a lovely city, Angel but it was over 90f on Saturday and too damned hot for me but some really nice restaurants and friendly people.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Ricardo, will you be hitting Savannah? Very nice enjoying the restaurants along the waterfront there watching the big ships go by.

[/quote]

Heading in the wrong direction now Yankee. We are now off to sample the delights of the eating establishments of Georgetown SC which is about 40 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Fish yesterday so I guess it will be a ribeye tonight.

Goodnight all.

[quote user="ricardo"]Hi all, Ricardo reporting from South Carolina where it has been very hot and today very wet.

I kept in touch with the Hull game on my Blackberry while on a walking tour of Charleston. A lovely City, but the result spoiled my stroll somewhat. Its all Gridiron and Baseball on the TV but I did manage to see some soccer on the Spanish language channels. The people are very nice but remarkably ignorant of anything outside the US. Its all, "Do you live near the Queen and We love your Tony Blair." FFS!!!!

Lots of steak, shrimp and Jambalaya down this way but looking forward to some Stafford St fish and chips next week and a nice pint of Peroni.

Good luck to the boys Tuesday night, 3 points is a must. OTBC.[/quote]Ricardo, I live in north east corner of  Tennessee, and there''s always a prem game on ESPN2, on Saturdays, sometimes ever get a game on Mondays.As for city I have canary world so get to see one match and right after get to hear city ;)As for the weather, yes it rained here for approx 36 hours, remind me of home lmaoHope you are having a great holiday

[/quote]I always fancied a drive up the West coast and Portland strikes me as an odd kind of hippie community/city which would be an interesting place to hang around for a few days before heading up to Seattle.  Plus lots of great bands come from Portland.

[/quote]

Savannah is an absolutely magical place.We toured Georgia and the Carolinas a few years back and had a wonderful time.

Enjoy the rest of your trip Ricardo!

Lived and worked out of north carolina for three years travelling the USA. dRIVEN COAST TO COAST ON I-80 AND I-40

Highway 1 from sanfran to LA. Portland and seattle are incredible.

Savannah a place I always wanna go back to, knoxville, lousiville, nashville... too many places to name. Great football there if you get a chance. Worked in football there and the youth soccer is incredible puts our system to complete shame.

Seen the best youngsters i have ever seen playing in LA they are exceptional. Korey smith I am afraid would be lost and not even a starter the american/mexican players are very very good.

Fox soccer channel and prem football... and actually many football fans are in the us and if we don''t get the world cup in 2018 I hope it is there. It will absolutely explode over in the us if the wrold cup returns, big money and great stadiums

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

I always fancied a drive up the West coast and Portland strikes me as an odd kind of hippie community/city which would be an interesting place to hang around for a few days before heading up to Seattle.  Plus lots of great bands come from Portland.

[/quote]

It is a very cool/odd city but every time I''ve ever been there it''s tipping down with rain - and I mean tipping down - worse even than Manchester [:O] You''re right, though, better bands than Manchester. In fact, I guess that''s why it''s a cool/odd hippy city   [:)]