Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Archant's interview with Russell Martin

Is it just me or has the reporter blatently asked him a question along the lines of whats it like to play whuilst all the fans are grumbling about you and questioning if you are good enough?

To which Martin replies that he wasn''t really aware until now that fans were grumbling.

So well done Archant for planting that seed in his head now!

Yeah, well done Archant...

But last time I checked Martin did have a pair of opposable thumbs, which means he is capable of reading messageboards - which many players do. In which case he will have had ample opportunity to see that posters like you have been moaning about him for months.

Last time I checked he also had a pair of ears as well - which means he has probably heard the audible groans he gets after he misplaces a pass, from didgy moaners like you.

Do you really think he is so stupid not to know he has some fans on his back? He is just playing dumb in the interview, which is a good way to handle it.

Also, do you not criticise "Archant" for not asking probing questions? Then way they do, you suggest they are being nasty...so which do you want?

You muggy little **** :-)

[quote user="Beijing Canary"]

But last time I checked Martin did have a pair of opposable thumbs, which means he is capable of reading messageboards - which many players do. In which case he will have had ample opportunity to see that posters like you have been moaning about him for months.

Last time I checked he also had a pair of ears as well - which means he has probably heard the audible groans he gets after he misplaces a pass, from didgy moaners like you.

Do you really think he is so stupid not to know he has some fans on his back? He is just playing dumb in the interview, which is a good way to handle it.

Also, do you not criticise "Archant" for not asking probing questions? Then way they do, you suggest they are being nasty...so which do you want?

[/quote]

Who''s rattled your cage pal?

Yes i moan about Martin but I still don''t think it does anyone any good to go asking questions like that and undermining his confidence just at the time he is starting to come good. Is unecessary and just creates a problem where one is subsiding.

Come back to me when you''ve seen a game this season!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[/quote]

Yes i moan about Martin but I still don''t think it does anyone any good to go asking questions like that and undermining his confidence just at the time he is starting to come good. Is unecessary and just creates a problem where one is subsiding.

[/quote]

From what I hear you''ve not seen too many either pal...

I''ll put my stubs on the table any day kid. Villa Park semi stub would be the first out.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness Jim, if the stick from the crowd didn''t exist, Archant would not have asked the question. I rate Martin, but I''m well aware that many people do not, and are quick to start the groundswell of discontent when he makes a mistake. Having said that I''m sure he''s mentally tough enough not to let it get to him.

[quote user="Beijing Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll put my stubs on the table any day kid. Villa Park semi stub would be the first out.

[/quote]

Look Gok W*nk I think we both know who would come out on top in that particular battle. Top 50.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look Gok W*nk I think we both know who would come out on top in that particular battle. Top 50.

[/quote]

Yeah, very post-Cardiff all that "top 50" chat. I was going when the ticket office didn''t need to keep lists pal. One man and his dog at Oldham.

BTW, that last comment is r to the a to the c to the i to the s to the tizzle. You''d get hounded off the Wrath for that.

How did Russell Martin play in that game Beijing? Let''s all have a competition to see who''s got ticket stubs from as far back as possible. It clearly makes them better fans.Muggy little ****? Have you been watching too much Football Factory recently? That''s the kind of stuff I expect to hear from Colchester fans with their fake little London accents.Now back to the original post, I can see why people would view those kind of questions as unhelpful. Especially seeings he''s playing REALLY well at the moment. I do think he''d have to play with 100% focus on what he''s doing if he hasn''t heard the groans from the Carrow Road crowd. Maybe that''s a good thing as well as it would show how much he concentrates if he hasn''t heard them. Would be surprised if he hadn''t though.I think he''s strong enough mentally to know he''s doing well, and if he keeps performing as he is, the haters will soon cease. Just remember the quality we had in that position before he signed for us and took over at right back.

[quote user="Beijing Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, very post-Cardiff all that "top 50" chat. I was going when the ticket office didn''t need to keep lists pal. One man and his dog at Oldham.

BTW, that last comment is r to the a to the c to the i to the s to the tizzle. You''d get hounded off the Wrath for that.

[/quote]

So f**king what!

Stop the spats JS. There is too much of it on this board nowadays.

You made a very valid point about Archant, but R. Martin must be aware that there is a certain amount of anti from the home support at times. Maybe he is also aware that the Norwich crowd have to have somebody to moan about, whether times are good or bad. With Doherty and Cureton gone, they are scraping around a bit for the sacrificial scapegoat. For some reason Martin seems the most popular option.

I happen to think he is more than quite decent and is getting better for sure. 

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

I think he''s strong enough mentally to know he''s doing well, and if he keeps performing as he is, the haters will soon cease.

[/quote]

That worked really well with Chris Martin didn''t it![;)]

Good point Beau. Although the moaners I normally have to deal with with Chris Martin have stopped moaning about his lack of effort as you can cleary see he''s running his ar$e off these days, now he should be playing off the wings where Holt always wanders off to and Holt should be in the middle. This is all Martin''s fault now.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Stop the spats JS. There is too much of it on this board nowadays.

You made a very valid point about Archant, but R. Martin must be aware that there is a certain amount of anti from the home support at times. Maybe he is also aware that the Norwich crowd have to have somebody to moan about, whether times are good or bad. With Doherty and Cureton gone, they are scraping around a bit for the sacrificial scapegoat. For some reason Martin seems the most popular option.

I happen to think he is more than quite decent and is getting better for sure. 

[/quote]

I actually think that the fans have been very fair this season. The concerns expressed about him were largely at the start of the season and based on some shabby performances in the second half of last season. Since he''s been performing i''ve not heard any moans about him and as far as I can see most people have been acknowledging that he''s doing pretty well.

Same with Super Chris really as well. I never hear people slagging him off at games. the onloy critical comments I ever see are on here and post match. I don''t think our fans get on Chris Martin''s back at all.

They do in the Lower Barclay Jim. Quite a lot unfortunately. Thankfully, most of the times they do slag him off, he goes on to score. Can''t ask for much more than that but he''s not doing it as much this season. Goal tonight please Chris Martin?

Lol. I''ve learnt that lesson. I never gave C Martin any stick but the number of times last season i said to my mates we should take him off as he''s not done anything only for him to stick one in the net 5 minutes later. Thats why you keep him on the pitch. If he gets one chance he usually takes it!

Agreed but, as somebody pointed out, he probably reads the views on here.

I would think they all do. I would if I were a player. It is after all easy and anonymous.

It is always hard to resist finding out about what is said about you, especially as a lot of it might be good and confidence boasting.

Signed,

Gladys Doherty

Chris Martin is a Rolls Royce of a player.

But, I believe someone once said that about our former RB Jonny O didn''t they Jim? Rofl.

Enjoy the game tonight pal.

[/quote]

They eat canaries in Beijing along with their nests. What is your survival strategy?

Chris Martin is a Rolls Royce of a player.

But, I believe someone once said that about our former RB Jonny O didn''t they Jim? Rofl.

Enjoy the game tonight pal.

[/quote]

Lol. On his day he was. Sadly that day happened very infrequently!