Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Who is the Best manager in the Champ?

What are everyones thoughts?

Is Lambert up there with the best?

Where would you put Keane, after all he did gain promotion with Sunderland?

Personally i think Lambert is right up there and is potentially the best of the bunch but still has to prove that to the wider world. Robins and Malky both also look to have good potential which is promising for us because Lambert will leave us one day and there now appear to be a few young, ex Norwich boys making a name for themselves as managers and who may be possible successors.

Others that i rate: Warnock, Jones, Davies (when he''s not rowing with everyone), O''Driscoll.

Also have to say Grayson is doing well so far this season because personally I think that Leeds side is garbage at this level but I guess he will (again) be tested when the early momentum wears off.

Rubbish: Sousa, Ferguson, Laws.

Keane I think knows what he''s doing in many ways but is also a complete c**t who is likely to fall out with people and that will always hold him back.

Colin certainly has the best nickname. And he has been there, done it, etc. Lambert has immense potential but still has much to prove. Just as it''s more difficult playing a league up, so it is more difficult managing. Lambert has made mistakes this season, and will make more. We need to let him, because, with McNally, he''s the best thing that has happened to this club since Chase resigned.

I really think Pearson is one of the best managers in the league and I think Lambert is in a similar mould. I also rate O''Driscoll, as well as Warnock and Jones.

Goes without saying that I think Sousa is one of the worst, never have I known a manager who is so arrogant and speaks so much crap.

Warnock.....He''s vastly experienced......

Lambert, is gaining experience and still learning his craft....But - he''ll be as good as the best, in a few seasons.

In a results-based business like pro football, it has to be the guy sitting top-of-the-league.

Neil Warnock is absolutely romping it at the moment, so what is there to question?

If he had a team with ex-Prem players like Jimmy Bullard along with generous parachute payments, then Lambo would most likely be leading this league. Mind you, given the resources at his disposal, our manager is doing a fine job.

I wouldn''t swap him with any other Championship manager that''s for sure!

After more thought, I think O''Driscoll at Doncaster.

Because he has had barely anything to spend and has produced a squad that is capable of finishing in the top 6

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]The best manager will be the one who gets them promoted. Then out of the 3, well that''s another argument.[/quote]Disagree with that.  QPR have millions to build a team with, Doncaster have pounds and pence.  If Doncaster finished 3rd and lost in the playoff final, they will have massively overachieved.  QPR, on the other hand, will get promoted and take it as their expected result from the season.  Or, to put it another way, Kenny Dalglish won the Premiership with Blackburn Rovers, but only because he bought success - he was not the best manager that season (arguably Frank Clark was, based on results versus expectations)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E2%80%9395_FA_Premier_League#Final_league_table

Its got to be Warnock, based on what he has done over the years. You don''t have to like him to appreciate that at Championship level he has done a good job at pretty much every club he has been at.Lambert may well in time come to be one of the best, but after only 8 games at this level it is far to early to judge. 

Dave Jones - pulled more rabbits out the hat than Paul Daniels.

You may think of Cardiff as a buying club or being in a lot of debt, but that is Sam Hammam''s legacy & ground change, but he has continually had to sell his best players.  Joe Ledley, Roger Johnson, Loovens, Aaron Ramsey, Cameron Jerome, Michael Chopra .....   He also got them promoted from League 1, and did well at Stockport in the lower leagues.  Add to his ''experiences'' at Wolves, Everton & Southampton.

Close between Warnock, O''Driscoll & Jones for me aswell. Warnock''s a fantastic motivator of players, much like Mourinho he creates a us vs the world mentality, making them work even harder for eachother. O''Driscoll because he''s built a great team on a shoestring budget & Jones for the reasons above, despite what people say about Cardiff he has had to sell a big name pretty much every year since he arrived there.

Warnock, O''Driscoll and Jones for me too. I also think Malky is cruelly underrated and Mark Robins is decent. I don''t think Lambert is far out of that six though.

I would say Neil Warnock although David Jones isnt too far behind. Also think Kenny Jackett is pretty under rated. Done well at Swansea and has done a terific job at millwall

[quote user="ncfc4life"]I would say Neil Warnock although David Jones isnt too far behind. Also think Kenny Jackett is pretty under rated. Done well at Swansea and has done a terific job at millwall
[/quote]

Have to agree, Kenny Jackett is definately up there! He spends peanuts and gets gems.