Sign in to follow this  
Peter

The Silver Lining

If we get beat tomorrow at least we will be able to accept we will be going down.  Not until its mathematically impossible I hear the eternal optomists cry, so they are unlikely to want to face the stark truth until late April thus prolonging their agony.  If we do succumb I truly hope we can take Albion with us.

Unfortunately draw the most likely result even with Lawrenson''s prediction, and then the agony will go on.

Thanks for that Peter, tell me, is that a hand up your backside, or are you really a muppet? If we lose tomorrow it means we''ll go bottom and that''s about all you can say for sure. We wont be doomed and we ''eternal optomists'' won''t accept that the battle is lost quite simply because it isn''t. Our record against the lesser teams at FCR this year show we under performed against Blackburn Fulham Palace and Portsmouth but that record is there to be broken so, if you''re going today, enjoy the game, give the lads your full support (like someone who still believes we can survive) and WHEN we get the right result you can at least say you played your part. 

My my Peter what a fan you are!  Are the type who boo players when they''re playing badly too?  I''m sorry if I''m in your "eternal optimists" category but I shall by backing the lads and singing my heart out until the final whistle is blown away at Fulham.  Me and the other true fans I expect

So Peter, how are you feeling? Slightly embarassed?.....sick as a parrot?...meanwhile we ''eternal optomists'' are vindicated for daring to believe. Of course if losing had meant we were doomed that would mean the same for West Brom, lets hope THEY take your advice and accept the inevitable....but I wouldn''t count on it!

Sorry AJ, it''s hard to resist having a pop when all I read on here is so called fans whingeing about the board''s lack of ambition, or Worthy''s tactical naivety, or the lack of goals, or the poor defending, the goal difference, those who leave early! the half time pies, what''s Brennan done to his hair this week?.....I would hazard a guess that Peter and his ilk will be singing long into the night when our safety is assured. If that''s the case then shouldn''t we expect them to back the board, manager, players and along with other true supporters stay the course until the season''s conclusion, instead of writing us off in early February?