Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

People leaving CR early

Jeez, they''re at it again! I sit in the Jarrold Stand, fairly near the middle near those padded yellow seats for corporate fans. On Saturday loads of people left after Koren''s goal - that was around the 81 minute mark, meaning there was still 12-13 minutes left to play. It does my head in!

Norwich have scored late goals in three out of four home games. I know people have to leave to beat traffic/other commitments, but everyone knows that more happens in the last ten minutes of a game that at any other point.

I''ll be watching you all tomorrow and if I hear one person saying ''Roight, oim off'' when the scoreboard says 80 minutes and the score is 1-1 I think I may have to have a polite word!

OTBC! Let''s crush the Foxes tomorrow!!

Crazy isn''t it!  I sit four seats into the row so when they are walking down they block my view of the game[:@]

I pay for a full game and will damn well watch one. Only time I ever left early was first game of last season.

What annoys me the most is when people get up early....walk down the steps...and stop half way down to continue watching the game....blocking others view. Just stay or go, don''t get in others way!

[quote user="Largey"]What annoys me the most is when people get up early....walk down the steps...and stop half way down to continue watching the game....blocking others view. Just stay or go, don''t get in others way![/quote]

Yeah and then they look at you funny when you shout at them to keep moving!

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Jeez, they''re at it again! I sit in the Jarrold Stand, fairly near the middle near those padded yellow seats for corporate fans. On Saturday loads of people left after Koren''s goal - that was around the 81 minute mark, meaning there was still 12-13 minutes left to play. It does my head in!

Norwich have scored late goals in three out of four home games. I know people have to leave to beat traffic/other commitments, but everyone knows that more happens in the last ten minutes of a game that at any other point.

I''ll be watching you all tomorrow and if I hear one person saying ''Roight, oim off'' when the scoreboard says 80 minutes and the score is 1-1 I think I may have to have a polite word!

[/quote]They''ve paid for their tickets, they can leave when they like.

[quote user="Largey"]What annoys me the most is when people get up early....walk down the steps...and stop half way down to continue watching the game....blocking others view. Just stay or go, don''t get in others way![/quote]Just push them down the steps, they soon learn.

if people want to leave early i''m not really bothered, i know some people have to. But it did annoy me on saturday when as soon as the free kick went in half the ground emptied.  fair play to those that did stay and applaud the team off.

Jimmy bullard lines up a free kick in the 80 somthing minute..me being in a very good view decide to whip out my camera to record the free kick...Just as he hits the ball the donkey in front of me decides he doesnt want to watch and anymore, so he stands up...Cheers mate...i now have 30 seconds of footage on my camera 10 sec of it being bullard lining free kick up and 20 of ur backWOAH THAT FELT GOOD TO GET OF MY CHEST.

"I pay for a full game and will damn well watch one"

I pay for a full game and will damn well watch exactly however much I want to watch of it

Eopleho leave early every game should have an area in the ground so the true fans who watch the team win lose or draw can watch the match instead of having to get up and down to let people past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never left early, and after that 4-4 draw against Middlesbrough in 2005 I resolved that I never would, whatever the score. Anyway,  even if you are 7-1 down with 5 minutes left, something amazing might happen that you want to tell your grandchildren about - maybe the referee gets struck by lightning, or a Chesterfield sofa suddenly materialises on the pitch. You have paid for the full 90 minutes, you might as well watch them all.

They''ve always done it.... dashing back to the car to beat the crowds and listen to the final score on the radio.Bizarre.

I have to leave early on saturdays, normally just as we enter injury time, and that''s because I start work at 6, I live in lowestoft, and I park a couple of miles away in trowse. If I don''t have work then I stay till the end.

I can understand if people have work commitments but I dont understand people leaving early to beat the traffic particularly in a game where the result is still in the balance. You''ve paid good money to watch the game and have given up an afternoon/evening to watch it. Which means that you factor in things like traffic and getting home from the game. So surely it makes sense to see it through until the end. But then again my attitude is hardline I guess. I remember staying to the end at Vale Park when Port Vale hammered us 6-1 under Mike Walker out of morbid curosity more than anything else.

i was in the jarrold saturday and when the second went in it was like pulling a plug, everyone disappeared. I''ve never left early and never will, but at least it didnt mean i had the usual 30 min wait to get out of the jarrold (well that what it seems like!)

I often wonder if you go to the cinema/theartre and dont like what you are seeing would you leave early?

[quote user="Nolly"]

I often wonder if you go to the cinema/theartre and dont like what you are seeing would you leave early?[/quote]Yes, I frequently walk out of the cinema if the film I''m watching is a load of pony - the last film I walked out of was District 9, which I thought was crap.  Life''s too short to waste an hour of it watching something you don''t care about.  But in my defence, I''ve never shouted abuse at the other cinemagoers, and I''ve never booed one of our own actors.

People come in late, get up for the toilet, leave early at half time, come back late after half time and then leave early.

WHY???????????????

[quote user="dreamteam"]People come in late, get up for the toilet, leave early at half time, come back late after half time and then leave early.

WHY???????????????[/quote]And people vote Conservative, beat their children, have affairs with waiters called Pedro, dye their hair blue, change their name to Alec Wayne Luis Valencia.... why?Frankly, if it doesn''t directly affect you, who gives a monkey''s what they do?  Their money, their choice.

But it does directly affect me.

I am constantly being asked to stand up or move to let people in and out.

I also miss passages of play as people block my view.

I know I cant stop what other people do , but they also cant stop my frustration at their behaviour.

To be honest I always stay till the end but on Saturday I did leave a little early, I had a four hour drive home and a teething baby waiting at home.......

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]They''ve paid for their tickets, they can leave when they like.[/quote]CHOPS again another good point

I left early on Saturday for the first time in about 5 years! I had a wedding to attend to. I had to get home, get ready and be back at the train station for 6! I left at 87 and was very surprised how many people were running away from CR!.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Eopleho leave early every game should have an area in the ground so the true fans who watch the team win lose or draw can watch the match instead of having to get up and down to let people past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Do you really think that because somebody left early on Saturday - you have no idea if they had valid reasons or just didn''t want to listen to the Hull fans rubbing it in for the last couple of minutes - they are less of a fan than yourself? If you do, you''re a far bigger muppet than I thought.

They might have been singing all match, encouraging the players (good atmosphere in the second half I thought) then leave a minute earlier than yourself or some other miserable git that hasn''t made a sound apart from tutting when, horror of horrors, somebody makes a dash for the bar on 43 minutes, and you''re the true fan.

Please don''t make me laugh.

I loved Adam Drury''s comments in the EDP. Maybe one of the reasons it was a good reception is that some of those who left were the moaners.

I can also see all sides of the argument and everyone has their own reasons and situations for leaving early.

The problem with seats is that we all get disrupted (ahh god bless the old days!).

However what I cannot stand are the self proclaimed loyal fans who mutter underhand comments to their mates about how proper fans wouldn''t arrive late for kick off, sit there contradicting themselves all through the game and hurling abuse at players and then being the most loyal fans get up and storm out when we go 2-0 down shouting how bad we are ........

Good work fella.

Some of us travel further than Old Catton to support our team and get behind them. Do us a favour and stay at home and swear at your radio so we, and hopefully your son, don''t have to listen to you.

Am proud of our support and love having 24,000 fans at the fortress.... but sometimes would prefer 17,000 some should just stay at home.

[quote]The problem with seats is that we all get disrupted (ahh god bless the old days!)[/quote]Ah yes, the good old days when it was more of a scrum in the stands than on the pitch, when the toilets were at the back of the stand, where there was always a bloke smoking something that probably had the word Havana on it spelt wrong, and smelt like burning stubble from the  field next to the cow shed in Hethersett.  And when there was a full house, we''d all move with the crowd, as there was always room for one more, and usually at the front.  And all of this in a glorified metal cage with steps. I quite miss them too.

You have to realise that a unit can only move as quick as it''s slowest member and Flossie is on a zimmer. Meaning us in the wensum massive, or Wensum Area  Naughty Knitters as we are commonly known, have to leave on 80 minutes to give us time to get round the back of the Jarrold to ave it with the away fans[;)]