Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

If we lose tomorrow we are down..

It''s not just being defeatist and it''s not a criticism of the team, it just seems that we have had no breaks this year from drawing on the first day with Palace, just losing at Old Trafford, the Arsenal defender (Lauren?) not being sent off when we were only one down a FCR, to Ferguson''s 2 late goals for Everton, the Blackburn equaliser and Carragher''s handball, nothing goes our way.

The only luck all year was Bentley''s goal against Newcastle, beyond that jack. I don''t think that it''s just that we''re jinxed but also that officials seem to think that we are almost not worthy of getting the benefit of the difficult refereeing and line decisions as we are small, the next day fuss will be minimal and we are going down anyway!

I hope I''m just paranoid and that the luck turns tomorrow, but I almost feel that we are battling against more than just the other team, they''re all out to get us!

Yes big game tomorrow, 3 points and other results go our way then we have a two point gap. Still have to play Blackburn, Palace etc and they all have to play Chelsea, Arsenal Man U as well. It''s still not looking bad, 17th place on the final day by a point and everyone''s happy.

As for decisions going against us. Arsenal going down to 10 men wouldn''t have mattered, the Blackburn result was our own doing, they had 10 men for a long time. Man Utd, we played well, they played better. Last season we were fortunate to get a penalty at Rotherham, we were lucky to get a pen re-take in the Derby game, we got a penalty against Palace which was a bit tame....it all evens itself out

Yep, although mathmatically we could still do it, these are the games we MUST WIN, not even draw.  There are no shock results in the Prem this season so we MUST take points from those around us and start winning our home games, starting tomorrow, surprised this one isn''t on sky actually.

[quote]It''s not just being defeatist and it''s not a criticism of the team, it just seems that we have had no breaks this year from drawing on the first day with Palace, just losing at Old Trafford, the Arsen...[/quote]

Even IF we lose 9 nil tomorrow shortfatb, I will still be a City supporter at the end of it, and they will still be around next season!.

And of course, the big plus is I don''t support the bloody binners my friend.  

If we lose and Palace win the gap will start to look severe and I worry the belief might go. Sadly it''s do or die time and only a win will do. I still think, as I said before the season started, that 4th from bottom will survive on the lowest ever number of points. There are plenty of weak teams in the league, we have to play a lot of them, and the points are there to be head. A nice win tomorrow may set us up for the push.

Luck does even itself out - remember Flem at Man City?

If Darren could finish, we would have won another 3 games this season

i reckon the key thing is to keep the squad for next season even if we do go down. Get rid of Helveg, Svensson but keep the others and get straight back up.

McKenzie, Hucks and Ashton would kill the 1st division - get the parachute money and build slowly a la Charlton Athletic.

I would love to finish 17th but if we don''t...would one more season in the 1st Div be that bad?

Oh, you''re one of the Svensson out brigade.

He would (and already has) kicked ass in the first division, and until Ashton arrived looked like our only striker that can score.

So I wouldn''t get him out too quick or you may just regret it. As for Helveg, well I hope he sticks around too, but I don''t think he will.

I don''t mind one extra season in Div 1, but it''s the constant abuse our fans will get from those down south that worries me.

In truth I think most people''s expectation was that we  would not be able to stay up this year - and their hope was that we would. It is looking ever more likely that this year will be a learning experience and a bit of a cash generator.

Even if we retain most of the squad, assuming relegation or survival, there will be quite a bit of rebuilding next year due to age of some the current players. The crucial thing will be to retain the key players - I will leave you all to decide who they may be - no matter which league we are in next year.

Key players = Hucks, Ashton, Damo, Jonson, Leon, Charlton and Eddy.

If we manage to keep all seven then we''ll come straight back up. Can''t see Damo sticking around though, the offers will come flooding in for him in May. Jonson and Charlton may also decide to leave but I''d except Hucks, Ashton, Leon and Edworthy to still be in the side next season if the worst scenario does happen

I hope people aren''t just expecting to turn up and see us win easily tomorrow. Including the cup, West Bum have only lost 1 of their last 8 games and that''s a damn sight better than our current form.

Must agree with you Marmite - that is my biggest worry - how many times have we played at Carrow Road expecting a result and it goes horribly wrong for us.  It would not surprise me in the slightest if they came here and sneaked a win with donkey Horsfield or pretty Earnshaw getting the goal -  because of this I must admit I will be mightily relieved after the game if we had got it.

[quote]It''s not just being defeatist and it''s not a criticism of the team, it just seems that we have had no breaks this year from drawing on the first day with Palace, just losing at Old Trafford, the Arsen...[/quote]

Hi shortfatb, ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU!!!Face the team only below us, we are at home, surely, surely, NO EXCUSES to lose or draw man!!!

I take it all back! We used all our luck up for the rest of the season, we were terrible but triumphant! Only Eddy and Leon weren''t poor IMO.

Staying up,up,up.