Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

our left side

it was hard to make out  exactly what was going on tonight but drury looked constantly exposed  tonight lappin never seemed to be there to help him out particuarly in the 1st half..i was sat in row 2 of the n&p so didn''t have a good overall veiw but leicester seemed to have the freedom of our left side at times tonight ...

They played very wide and with Lappin playing narrower in the diamond, they were going to bypass him and go straight for Drury. It means we could flood the central midfield area but if Drury headed forward, which he has to in the diamond, we may be left exposed at the back.

The problem with Lappin is he is very limited ability wise and we are going to really miss Surman while he is out. I think if Surman played tonight he would have scored from the position that Lappin got in when he blazed over the bar and may have even got 2. Although Lappin does have good delivery he is just far to slow and can''t run with a ball to save his life. I''m supprised Josh Dawkin or Luke Daley havent been on the bench recently with the injury to Surman. Could one of these two give us a bit more pace and creativity on the left than Lappin?