Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Ruddy - 7. OK he let in a shocker but it''s ridiculous that people are calling for him to be dropped. He did very well considering he only had Barnett defending in front of him and pulled off some fine saves early in the first half. If it weren''t for their first goal I would have given him an 8 tonight.

R Martin - 6. Got forward really well and put some killer balls in the box but was missing in defence a little too often.

Barnett - 7. Was by far the best defender and  had the Leicester striker (name escapes me) in his pocket until he came off. Assured defending and played it safe when being approached by their strikers.

Ward - 5. Distribution was awful. I like him and think he is a cracking defender but he was quite poor tonight. Very shakey and was lucky not to put the ball into his own net.

Drury - 5.5. Only my opinion and you can shoot me down if you like but first half I thought he was awful. Waghorn (sp?) skipped past him as if he wasn''t there. Improved  massively in the second half and took his goal well.

Crofts - 8. Yet again proves to be one of our best players. Cracking all-round display and did almost all of the defensive work in the midfield.

K Smith - 6. Linked up well with Martin on the right but looked reluctant to cross himself. Bit too many wayward passes.

Lappin - 5. Very quiet. Wasted a sure goal when instead of squaring the ball to an unmarked Holt he shot from a stupid angle that went way over.

Hoolahan - 8. MOM. Had a hand in all four goals and what a superb volley into the top left. Gave him MOM as I was sick of having to keep giving it to Crofts [;)]

Holt - 5. Never got out of first gear and honestly didn''t look like he was bothered altough he improved in the last few minutes where he stayed more central. If he isn''t fit then why are we playing him?

Jackson - 6.5. Although he got absolutely no service he did try to create a lot for himself and made a few very good passes. Would stick with him up front Saturday.

C Martin - 6. Got a 6 as you could see he was really trying and had a good little run to the edge of the box near the end.

S Smith - 6. Looks a good passer of the ball and linked up well with Drury on the left.

Ref - 5. Very niggly and didn''t give us much protection and the lino on the City Stand side was abysmal.

Lambert - 6. Good move starting Jacko but wouldn''t have took him off as he was very energetic and looked good going forward. Glad he gave SS his debut.

Fans - 7. Quite loud and in good numbers. Really showed our aprecciation for Drury, Hoolahan and Jackson.

Leicester: Looked very dangerous going forward but defensively you could see why they are bottom. Oh and before I forget Fryatt is a complete C U Next Tuesday.

Team for Bristol: Same 11 except for possibly SS in for Lappin.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Ruddy - 7. OK he let in a shocker but it''s ridiculous that people are calling for him to be dropped. He did very well considering he only had Barnett defending in front of him and pulled off some fine saves early in the first half. If it weren''t for their first goal I would have given him an 8 tonight.

R Martin - 6. Got forward really well and put some killer balls in the box but was missing in defence a little too often.

Barnett - 7. Was by far the best defender and  had the Leicester striker (name escapes me) in his pocket until he came off. Assured defending and played it safe when being approached by their strikers.

Ward - 5. Distribution was awful. I like him and think he is a cracking defender but he was quite poor tonight. Very shakey and was lucky not to put the ball into his own net.

Drury - 5.5. Only my opinion and you can shoot me down if you like but first half I thought he was awful. Waghorn (sp?) skipped past him as if he wasn''t there. Improved  massively in the second half and took his goal well.

Crofts - 8. Yet again proves to be one of our best players. Cracking all-round display and did almost all of the defensive work in the midfield.

K Smith - 6. Linked up well with Martin on the right but looked reluctant to cross himself. Bit too many wayward passes.

Lappin - 5. Very quiet. Wasted a sure goal when instead of squaring the ball to an unmarked Holt he shot from a stupid angle that went way over.

Hoolahan - 8. MOM. Had a hand in all four goals and what a superb volley into the top left. Gave him MOM as I was sick of having to keep giving it to Crofts [;)]

Holt - 5. Never got out of first gear and honestly didn''t look like he was bothered altough he improved in the last few minutes where he stayed more central. If he isn''t fit then why are we playing him?

Jackson - 6.5. Although he got absolutely no service he did try to create a lot for himself and made a few very good passes. Would stick with him up front Saturday.

C Martin - 6. Got a 6 as you could see he was really trying and had a good little run to the edge of the box near the end.

S Smith - 6. Looks a good passer of the ball and linked up well with Drury on the left.

Ref - 5. Very niggly and didn''t give us much protection and the lino on the City Stand side was abysmal.

Lambert - 6. Good move starting Jacko but wouldn''t have took him off as he was very energetic and looked good going forward. Glad he gave SS his debut.

Fans - 7. Quite loud and in good numbers. Really showed our aprecciation for Drury, Hoolahan and Jackson.

Leicester: Looked very dangerous going forward but defensively you could see why they are bottom. Oh and before I forget Fryatt is a complete C U Next Tuesday.

Team for Bristol: Same 11 except for possibly SS in for Lappin.

[/quote]really? in my opnion smith looked awful and lappin well tonight

Ruddy - 7. Agreed that he got off to a bad start but he is not a bad keeper. He made a couple of good saves and dealt with dangerous balls, crosses, free kicks and the rest all night. Had a nervous team in front of him.Drury - 7. Sometimes left a hole at the back but that is the inherent risk of fullbacks in a diamond - they need to get forward. And he got forward brilliantly, works so well with Lappin and Wes, and got a good goal.Ward - 5. Poor, poor distribution. Constantly lumping it hopefully up front. Made a few good tackles but not his best game. Barnett - 8. Would have been MOM had Wes not scored a cracker. Always in the right place, always getting a head or boot to something. Composed and safe. R Martin 6 - Same ol RussMart. Wasn''t bad at the back, got forward well. Crofts - 6/7. Took his goal well, put in a few decent challenges but didn''t quite hit a gear I think we know he can get too. Korey - 6. Not his best game. Nothing awful, but looked rushed at time, wasn''t as composed as he has been. Lappin 6. Again, not his best game. Sold several passes short in the second half, leaving Drury and then Steve Smith exposed. Works well with Drury overall, and Wes.Wes - 9. He was the centre of all that was good against Hull, and the same tonight. First half he was at the centre of all our good play, comfortable on the ball, good tracking back and the most likely to make something happen. Took his penalty well then his second was just beautiful. Holt - 5/6. Average. Not as lazy or lethargic has he has been this season, but didn''t do a great deal to worry the defence. Jackson - 6/7. Did enough to keep his place. Provided pace, always kept the defence on their toes and, unlike Chrissy, goes looking for the ball. Wants to be involved and makes intelligent runs, tries to move the defence about and offers space. Chrissy and Steve Smith were both OK but didnt have a lot to do. For me, one notable thing about the game was that the players did not offer space. There was murmurs of annoyance at Ruddy when he wasn''t distributing quickly, and the same towards Ward when he held onto it, but no players offered a pass, moved into space, did anything to help the situation. There needs to be more movement - receive, pass, offer, as the style goes. If there''s better movement, and a pass can be picked, then we wouldn''t be lumping it forward to Holt so much. Norwich fans could also do with understanding the concept of possession football. 4-3 up, with 87 minutes on the clock, the Barclay was getting on the backs of Lappin and Drury who were passing it between themselves - "GET IT FORWARD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD". Or, instead of lumping it forward hopefully, we can keep it on the floor and make sure we have possession. Some similar comments came out first half - "well the passing is fine but its all going sideways isn''t it." "Oh look, they''ve passed it back to defence again, f***ing useless." It is frustrating when the players have the right idea, and try to keep the ball, but an impatient and often fickle crowd want an instant response. There is often no patience at FCR.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[/quote]Were we at the same football match ???Ruddy 6 - Terrible mistake on the first goal and seems to be glued to his line at times. R Martin 6 - Bread and butter game from MartinWard 7 - Another good showing, his distribution was bad but then when your kicking to Jackson as no one is getting into space what are your options ?Barnett 7 - Solid defender , looked iffy at the start ( who didnt ?! ) but I feel pretty confident when hes on the ballDrury 7 - Great goal and some nice attacking switches, Crofts 8 - Inspired signing for me. Played his heart out once again, now... remind me... Daryl who ?Lappin 6.5 - Thought he featured well and didnt do much wrong to be honest, you get what you expect from Lappin pretty muchK.Smith 7 - My biggest issue with Korey is that someone will come hunting for his signature before to long. Work horse of a player who is confident and good on the ball. Played well tonight very tenacious.Hoolhan 9 - Delightfull ball to set Drury up and THAT volly... Wow , was faultless tonightHolt 6.5  - Not fit and missed 2 nice headers although did assist the Crofts goal and played with a lot of heart as usual ( why fans are turning on this guy I do not know and frankly it sickens me a bit )Jackson 5 - Small man taking a long ball vs guys twice his size. Didnt have a chance to featureMartin 6 - Bullied and worked hard for the time he was on,Smith 4  - Was scared to move on the ball and hung back, gave possesion away very freely and looked uncomfortable.

Well do not want too many games like that and now for scores on doorsRuddy 5 : Well after yet another horrendous start he did get better but I am sorry you tend to judge keepers by their consistency and he really is awful. One minute he comesout takes a cross next he stays on the line and the defence havent a clue what he is doing next. I never hear him shout a defence and once again he for me did not make Leicester work enough for goals. For the second he did not get defence organised and for third he did not attack player on ball. Iknow it was one on one but you just have to run at player not run out then stand still and wait for him to shoot. Would prefer Rudd.Drury 6 : He like Ruddy looked good and then terrible. Gave away first goal and not much better for second and he never really locked out his wing. However did scoreexcellent goalWard 6: Overall solid but really needs to sort out his distribution.Martin 6: Seems to be getting better each game and looks good going forward athough was to blame for third goal.Barnett 7: The only player who comes out with some credit in defence looks solid and great on ball.Crofts 9: What a player gives everything is here is there is everywhere. Gets stuck in and great skill on ball , what a findHoolahan 9: Gets better and better fabulous goal and good penalty , runs everywhere always looking for ball , only City player who takes on oppositionSmith 7 : still not convinced by him , is useful but can be easily muscled out and fails to cover often.Lappin 6: Not for me a good game for him , he let Drury down many times by not covering for him and really failed to make his mark on the game.Holt 6: Seems to be struggling , lost most of his headers rarely got control of ball from long kicks which Leicester did far better and to be honest does not look fitJackson 5: May be a bit mean because probably best game for us as he chased and got stuck in and had good shot but for me he really needs to beat players and severaltimes in second half had chance to take on defence with pace and didnt.Martin 4: What has happened to this guy really looked off pace and not bothered , in a game that could have gone any way.Smith 7: Came on and did his job which was to take bite out of game and use space on left.Manager Lambert 4 : Sorry know I will get stick but I am beginning to really wonder what he is up to. In my opinion we won despite his tactics not because of them, largely thanks to epic performances from Hools and Croft. Sorry but Jackson is still not there , a brave move to swap for Martin and one that nearly lost us the game. What is the matter with McNamee , know he was not brill at Doncaster but I think he would be great up front alongside Holt and he always produces at home . Yet we take off Jackson and bring on Martin and sorry also did not take off say lappin (on yellow) instead takes off Hools (our best player) . Way ref was waving cards at our players thought high risk he might even it up late on. We also do need to have more than this diamond formation as it does expose our wings at times and I think opposition are finding ways to cause problemsOverall can not knock a win but our biggest problems are in goal and in our attack Holt  Martin and jacko not clicking or playing well

[quote user="CJ"]Well do not want too many games like that and now for scores on doors

Ruddy 5 : Well after yet another horrendous start he did get better but I am sorry you tend to judge keepers by their consistency and he really is awful. One minute he comes
out takes a cross next he stays on the line and the defence havent a clue what he is doing next. I never hear him shout a defence and once again he for me did not make
Leicester work enough for goals. For the second he did not get defence organised and for third he did not attack player on ball. Iknow it was one on one but you just have to
run at player not run out then stand still and wait for him to shoot. Would prefer Rudd.

Drury 6 : He like Ruddy looked good and then terrible. Gave away first goal and not much better for second and he never really locked out his wing. However did score
excellent goal

Ward 6: Overall solid but really needs to sort out his distribution.

Martin 6: Seems to be getting better each game and looks good going forward athough was to blame for third goal.

Barnett 7: The only player who comes out with some credit in defence looks solid and great on ball.

Crofts 9: What a player gives everything is here is there is everywhere. Gets stuck in and great skill on ball , what a find

Hoolahan 9: Gets better and better fabulous goal and good penalty , runs everywhere always looking for ball , only City player who takes on opposition

Smith 7 : still not convinced by him , is useful but can be easily muscled out and fails to cover often.

Lappin 6: Not for me a good game for him , he let Drury down many times by not covering for him and really failed to make his mark on the game.

Holt 6: Seems to be struggling , lost most of his headers rarely got control of ball from long kicks which Leicester did far better and to be honest does not look fit

Jackson 5: May be a bit mean because probably best game for us as he chased and got stuck in and had good shot but for me he really needs to beat players and several
times in second half had chance to take on defence with pace and didnt.

Martin 4: What has happened to this guy really looked off pace and not bothered , in a game that could have gone any way.

Smith 7: Came on and did his job which was to take bite out of game and use space on left.

Manager Lambert 4 : Sorry know I will get stick but I am beginning to really wonder what he is up to. In my opinion we won despite his tactics not because of them, largely thanks to epic performances from Hools and Croft. Sorry but Jackson is still not there , a brave move to swap for Martin and one that nearly lost us the game. What is the matter with McNamee , know he was not brill at Doncaster but I think he would be great up front alongside Holt and he always produces at home . Yet we take off Jackson and bring on Martin and sorry also did not take off say lappin (on yellow) instead takes off Hools (our best player) . Way ref was waving cards at our players thought high risk he might even it up late on. We also do need to have more than this diamond formation as it does expose our wings at times and I think opposition are finding ways to cause problems

Overall can not knock a win but our biggest problems are in goal and in our attack Holt  Martin and jacko not clicking or playing well

[/quote]

Funny how opinions vary but don''t at all agree with you about Jackson or Ruddy.