Sign in to follow this  
Nolly

Drury

First time i''ve started a post so apologies if this has been mentioned before

Just wanted to say what a great pro Drury is, gets through tons of work for little recognition. Even when Smith is fit i think he''ll struggle to oust Drury from the team.

Did think before the season that maybe he''d struggle this year but i''m pleased i was wrong with that.

Its early yet i know but as i watched Saturdays game i thought if he carries on like that i''ll be voting for him as player of the season

He really is a brilliant player, buts in 100% effort every game, performs really well nearly every game, attacking seems to get better every season from him....and he does all this with minimal fuss, doesn''t get too much praise, but everyone does recognise how much of a legend he really is :D

Read his interview, he realises that it will be a tough game tonight.

Im actually surprised that Drury isnt playing in the premiership, he could easily fit in one of the mid table squads, a Wolves or a Fulham or Bolton etc. Defensively solid and fantastic 1on1, also supports the attack for 90 mins. Great tackler and great engine, is up and down the flank all game.

I think this thread talked up his goal tonight [:)] and what a goal it was [:)]

thank you angel, i''ll take all the credit lol

but his performance tonight just backed up what i started, a model pro as they say

If only drury and russel martin push on in games like they did today, overlapping our wide midfielders and getting to the byline, we look so dangerous when this happens. Glad to see drury getting his goal, and what a finish too.