Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

£3 million is way too much for Harewood!.

I''m a tad nervous about writing this, especially in light of my spectacular ''own goal'' recently. But £3 million for Harewood is way too much.

Most posters on here,, know just how much I love Harewood, and like Worthy, I would have him at City in a flash.

But not at that price, no bloody way Pedro!.

On ''sky sports news'' web site today, they say West Ham have just turned down our offer of £3 million for him.

Ye Gods!.

I would have thought £1.5 million would have been a fair price, but £3 million?, you have got to be joking Pardew?.

Now let''s look elsewhere, yes?.

PS. Have we robbed a bank somewhere or won the lottery?.

Agree Wiz. £3m is way way way too much for Harewood. I am amazed that Pardew hasn''t torn our arms off to accept !!

I''m with the wiz on this one, but I really doubt we''ve made the bid somehow....

All bluff and counter bluff if you ask me.

Both managers doing their jobs well.

Pardew talking up the value.

Worthy, well - I wonder if he''s looking elsewhere and this is a smokescreen.

Just don''t believe a word you read until its certain.

If he has £3m then I would prefer if he tried for my repeatedly requested Andy Reid at Forest.

Then we would have a supply route for Ashton to live up to his scoring reputation.

If we had three million then we are looking at a whole different scenario altogether - my old recommendation of Charisteas becomes a target and some very good defenders to shore up the central defence become attainable.

1st wiz is right £3m completely overvalues Harewood - £1m would have been the max I would have paid preferably less than £750k.

OTBC

[quote]It''s not as ridiculous as £2m for crouchy![/quote]

Holloway Canary,

We all have regrets about posts we''ve made just wondered if you''ve changed your mind about this one because I still think he would have been worth every penny judging by his recent performances.

Never could understand the posters who didnt want him back as it was obvious he would have done a great job for us.

Crouch would have been £2M wasted, he done okay when he was here but we don''t play to his strengths and he don''t think he would have scored the goals.

I''m more than happy with Ashton who looks the part and will get better once fully adjusted to this level

Yeah must admit £2m for crouchy isn''t looking so bad now! I really couldn''t see him being such a massive sucess at The Saints, even so I''d much rather have Ashton!

[quote]Yeah must admit £2m for crouchy isn''t looking so bad now! I really couldn''t see him being such a massive sucess at The Saints, even so I''d much rather have Ashton![/quote]

Yes I''m happy with Ashton too , but cant help feeling that we should have nabbed Crouch whilst we could. He''s playing really well now that hes starting every game and would have done a simular job for us I''m sure.