Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

If we'd of beaten Hull we'd be 2nd...

If we''d of beaten Hull we''d be 2nd in the table.Does anyone here actually believe we could have been this high before the season started?Don''t get me wrong, I''m delighted with 3rd place and never thought we''d be up at the top, my prediction was for solid mid-table. It is early days and the league doesn''t really start to take shape until xmas but it''s looking good at the moment.I''m just a bit concerned with Ruddy.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]If we score more goals then the other team in every game, we will win.[/quote]AND IF WE CONCEED LESSS... [;)][/quote]You remind me of Neil off inbetweeners.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]If we score more goals then the other team in every game, we will win.
[/quote]AND IF WE CONCEED LESSS... [;)][/quote]

You remind me of Neil off inbetweeners.
[/quote]WHICH ONE IS HE...? I SAW IF FOR THE 1ST TIME THIS WEEK WAS HE THE ONE WHO CRASHED THE CBR125 BIKE?

What ifs?   We could just as easily be 20th on that basis - 18 teams within 7 points of each other,  this league is proving as inconsistent and competetive as ever  - every club still has a chance at the moment - any team on a run playing with confidence and gaining consistency can get promotion.

And for everyone thinking QPR have it sewn up we just have to look for leeds last year.   

But sitting in third is a wonderful feeling - for now at least [:D]

"Does anyone here actually believe we could have been this high before the season started? "

DID anyone ............. (past tense)

And yes, absolutely definite. Not the exact position because there are too many other things and too few games ie a draw instead of a win would only be 2 points difference but might be a 5 or 6 place difference.

As posted elsewhere we were not brilliant techically wise last night and we made a few blundering errors, but why we are where we are is due to commitment.

Lambert has stated and shown that whilst the game is still being played a draw is not good enough. time and time again wew have scored in the last few minutes.

As parts Leicester look better but they were not playing better as a team. That is what counts. It won''t please the purists but in defense of the team we are not playing constant hoofball, we are not playing like a Sam Alladyce team either.

We are fighting, battling and having a real old go - and to be honest, for someone who has been going to Carrow Road for far too long to admit this has been one of the most enjoyable periods for quite somewhile.

We are still learning and so will still get turned over. But if we are easily in the top six come January expect a few strong additions to the squad and a fair good go down the back straight as we head for May.

[quote user="City1st"]"Does anyone here actually believe we could have been this high before the season started? " DID anyone ............. (past tense) And yes, absolutely definite. Not the exact position because there are too many other things and too few games ie a draw instead of a win would only be 2 points difference but might be a 5 or 6 place difference. As posted elsewhere we were not brilliant techically wise last night and we made a few blundering errors, but why we are where we are is due to commitment. Lambert has stated and shown that whilst the game is still being played a draw is not good enough. time and time again wew have scored in the last few minutes. As parts Leicester look better but they were not playing better as a team. That is what counts. It won''t please the purists but in defense of the team we are not playing constant hoofball, we are not playing like a Sam Alladyce team either. We are fighting, battling and having a real old go - and to be honest, for someone who has been going to Carrow Road for far too long to admit this has been one of the most enjoyable periods for quite somewhile. We are still learning and so will still get turned over. But if we are easily in the top six come January expect a few strong additions to the squad and a fair good go down the back straight as we head for May.[/quote]I hope the board dig very deep if we are in with a shout[Y] Hucks and Crouch would do nicely lol

Depends if they have the wherewithall as you posts suggest it is merely a decision rather than an ability.

If they have that ability then absolutely yes. Previous behaviour has also indicated that it will be a yes. Remember Rose, Eklliot and others who joined to help push us over the line.

On purely financial grounds it makes sense. Ten home games with an extra 1000 fans at £25 a head is £250,000 - and that is putting it as the bottom line.

A play off place guarantees -

a) certainly better season ticket sales with also a better acceptance of slightly higher prices

b) a sellout home game with likely income of £500,000

and promises a possibilty of

c) playoff final with £1m plus (gate receipts going to the loser)

d) playoff win - all lights flash on gaming machine and the sound of coins hitting tray alerts everyone ! ! !

I think we have enough of the right people floating around the club to underwrite/guarantee any loans, should they be what is needed to fund this venture.

ps it should be borne in mind that the new chief scout was talked of as having his remit as to indentify players that would be signed in January. Not something you would state were there not to be the means to do so.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]If we score more goals then the other team in every game, we will win.[/quote]AND IF WE CONCEED LESSS... [;)][/quote]You remind me of Neil off inbetweeners.[/quote]WHICH ONE IS HE...? I SAW IF FOR THE 1ST TIME THIS WEEK WAS HE THE ONE WHO CRASHED THE CBR125 BIKE?[/quote]Tall dumb one, the one who got a BJ

Yes.. i believed we could be this high.. i put money on us to win the league and i firmly believe we could just sneak it..

QPR wont win it, they''ve started too strong i feel. Just look at Leeds and Charlton last year

If u grind out results u will do it.. so the next couple of months are a real test with Millwall, reading, ipswich, leeds, burnley and boro. If we can get 12 points min i think we''ll show we can go and get promoted at least