Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Leicester match report on www.dh6.co.uk

"Wes picked up the ball on the half way line and played a lovely through ball to Ads who looked like a young Roberto Carlos sprinting down the wing,he composed himself before lifting the ball into the far corner of the net"

[:O]

Lovin'' it!! [;)]

You are getting better at this Hucks, so there is hope for me yet with my sloppy report (only until Ricardo gets back). I like the good and bad points as an idea and I agree Crofts was MoTM because he provided the platform.

I agree about Crofts, the diamond has it''s problems particularly to counter attacks when we lose the ball, Crofts is often left isolated in the midfield but time after time he seems to somehow  win the ball back and get us back on the front foot,

Hard to pick a MOM tonight but I gave mine to Wes. It was Drury for me until Hoolahan scored that goal. Drury got forwards loads tonight and when he scored it was just reward for that. Crofts did well once or twice getting back to cover when he was caught out of position. Shades of Gary Holt there! But I wouldn''t argue with Drury, Hoolahan or Crofts.

Cheers for the report Hucks, still find it surreal that my favourite ever Norwich player posts on this site, anyhow. .I agree with most of your report, I thought that Crofts and Hoolahan were both outstanding tonight, although I feel that Hoolahan edged it because not only did he have a hand in every goal, but because he always wants the ball. That is something you don''t see with many players, especially when the atmosphere was as nervy as it was tonight. Even when the team/he is having a bad game, he always looks for the ball and never hides in a game and I really admire him as a player for that. Crofts was a close second tonight, not only is his ability to read the game and make tackles crucial for us defensively, but it''s great news that he is getting some goals for us too. A couple of things I wanted to ask a professional. First one was, as a striker, do you think that Jackson should have been making more runs into the channels tonight in order to look for the ball? I don''t think his touch is good enough to pull off the defenders and show for the ball and look to receive it there in the hole, and his game is suited to running onto the ball, in my opinion. I felt for him as the ball was, fairly frequently being lumped to him, but should he be working harder as a striker?Second, what do you think of Ruddy so far? It''s the occasional shocker that worries me to be honest. He seems to make some awesome saves but I hope he can eradicate that side from his game. I know Lambert will stick with him not to knock his confidence (and rightly so I think for the moment), but, as you said in your report, errors like tonight can cost us against teams that have a better defense that Leicester. Cheers

[quote user="hucks"]cheers Nutty, darn Macs[/quote]Workman, tools etc etcSimply paste your web page address in this here preview window. Then click the "link" icon (the world with a bit of chain beneath it, second icon in from left). This will bring up a small window saying enter your url here… paste the web page address into this box, do a quick preview to make sure it has worked ok and Bob''s your mother''s brother!  And I''m older than you, so no excuses about being an old git.If you need it, Mac tuition is available at a reasonable rate… http://www.dh6.co.uk/s14a1n47p1/Norwich-city-v-Leicester-City.html

[quote user="hucks"]After nearly 6 years without a goal he deserves some love![/quote]

Well said, haha [:)] Great report (I agree that they''re getting better!) and much appreciated as I couldn''t get to the match - cheers [Y] 

Thats the best report you''ve done so far Hucks, very enjoyable to read, thanks.

Just remember how you felt when your mate Adam scored cause thats how we felt everytime you got the ball, never mind scored.

great review, it seems to sum things up pretty well - it''s not often you get to hear Jukebox compared with Roberto carlos!

Great report Hucks! Brilliant game to watch, had a bit of everything! My main concern so far this season is we''re not getting many goals from our strikers at the moment. Don''t get me wrong, it''s great to see our defense and midfield chip in- but we can''t rely on them and really need holt and co to wade in with some! Totally agree about Crofts, he''s made such a positive impact! Never pulls out of a tackle, seems to be the full package!

"Just remember how you felt when your mate Adam scored cause thats how we felt everytime you got the ball"

He ain''t the pope !

Thanks for another accurate and enjoyable report Darren.

I also thought that Drury''s booking was a bit harsh, although some people I spoke to about it last night disagreed with me.

By the way how many times do you think you''ve bet on Adam to score? Must have cost you a small fortune I reckon!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]City Angel is taking a lie down, Hucks. May I thank you for your reply on her behalf.[/quote]

[:D] [:)]

[quote user="hucks"]Nana it''s my opinion that''s why it''s on my website, didn''t say Wes wasn''t very good, but Crofts was consistently good even when we weren''t on top![/quote]

Totally agree. Yes, Hoolahoop was class, scored a top class goal, a great penalty and had a hand in the other goals, but without Crofts i feel we could have lost the game. He was breaking their attacks and starting ours, as he has been doing all season. Top signing by Lambert

[quote user="hucks"]Nana it''s my opinion that''s why it''s on my website, didn''t say Wes wasn''t very good, but Crofts was consistently good even when we weren''t on top![/quote]One of City''s all-time footballing greats explaining himself to a kid calling himself ''banana'' on an anonymous message board.Too bizarre.

[quote user="City1st"]"Just remember how you felt when your mate Adam scored cause thats how we felt everytime you got the ball" He ain''t the pope ![/quote]

I''m not in CA''s league when it comes to Hucks-adoration, but, City 1st, if you could give me one single reason why the pope is more worthy of respect and admiration than Darren Huckerby, I''d be interested to hear it.

Holt, Safri, Clingan, Crofts.

Who do you think was the best out of all of them, and does Crofts have the potential to ellipse them all into City greatness?!