Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Hoolahan the man?

I doubt it, he hardly had a kick before the penalty, only after that did he spring to life really

What we want and need is performances from him from the start so we dictate tempo of games. That''s more important than his personal goal tally in my opinion

The penalty was very well-struck and his second was absolute perfection. Wes is perfectly capable of getting one or two in every game; he must surely have a confidence lift from last night?

[quote user="Ankles"]I doubt it, he hardly had a kick before the penalty, only after that did he spring to life really What we want and need is performances from him from the start so we dictate tempo of games. That''s more important than his personal goal tally in my opinion[/quote]

Did he not play an important part in the 1st goal? He was trying through balls all night. The boy was class!

[quote user="Ankles"]I doubt it, he hardly had a kick before the penalty, only after that did he spring to life really What we want and need is performances from him from the start so we dictate tempo of games. That''s more important than his personal goal tally in my opinion[/quote]

Thats precisely my point. Now that he''s got the goals, hopefully he will "spring to life"

He done well to assist 2 and score 1, the second assist (to drury i think) was amazing, beautiful pass through.Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective, Can we afford someone in our team at this level who continuously gives the ball away in dangerous areas and doesnt make his mark on games as much as he should.. but then pops up now and then with 20 minutes of good play ??? Its a  tough one IMO

Are you on drugs p***ed or a binner on a wind up mission. For the type of player Wes is that was probably one of the most complete performances you will ever see and if you cant see how good he is now then I think he needs to pack his bags in January and go to a club that appreciate him. Teams come to FCR and put 11 players behind the ball, this often means teams like last night doubleing and even trebleing up on Wes. Even when we were not completely firing for the first 20 minutes Wes scared the living daylights out of the Leicester midfield and backline. Wes was also responsible for battling back and made some superb tackles last night. 

I personally have never had a bad word for him. Fair enough he has he''s off games but they are few and far between. I think now "the beast has woken", he should bang a few more in in the next few games. QPR hopefully.

On the subject of midfielders (and please don''t shoot me down for asking this, or not knowing the answer) but is there any particular reason that Lambert never starts Mcnamee?

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective,[/quote]Yeah.  Because being heavily involved in setting up two goals and scoring two goals himself just isn''t enough.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]
Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective,
[/quote]

CD Mullins, is that you?!

[quote user="Canary1902"]

On the subject of midfielders (and please don''t shoot me down for asking this, or not knowing the answer) but is there any particular reason that Lambert never starts Mcnamee?

[/quote]

his best games have come as an impact player....

[quote user="Yellows"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective, [/quote]

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]He done well to assist 2 and score 1, the second assist (to drury i think) was amazing, beautiful pass through.

Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective,

Can we afford someone in our team at this level who continuously gives the ball away in dangerous areas and doesnt make his mark on games as much as he should.. but then pops up now and then with 20 minutes of good play ???

Its a  tough one IMO
[/quote]

You really are a twonk.

This has to be the single most stupid post i have seen on this board.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]He done well to assist 2 and score 1, the second assist (to drury i think) was amazing, beautiful pass through.

Can we afford someone in our team at this level who continuously gives the ball away in dangerous areas and doesnt make his mark on games as much as he should.. but then pops up now and then with 20 minutes of good play ???

Its a  tough one IMO
[/quote]

I''m not really a Wes Hoolahan fan but I have to admit last night he was awesome.  Tell me, how is scoring two goals and assisting one goal and being heavily invovled with the other goal being in effective.  If a striker does nothing all game and then scores a goal right at the end to win the match he isn''t called in effective it is doing his job and how ever he does that dosn''t matter.  Last night Wes did his job and then some more so don''t moan about him.

Last night, every good thing we did went through Hoolahan at some point. I think the issue people have with him is that he''s a player willing to take risks, meaning he will give the ball away at times. Those fans who love to be negative will of course focus on this, but if it wasn''t for him I don''t know how we would break teams down effectively. I assume the same people who aren''t fans of Wes would be happy with us pumping long balls forward to Jackson and Holt?And probably the most important point, that hasn''t been mentioned, is how hard he is working for the team defensively. He is definitely a more complete player this season, and anybody who says he wasn''t effective last night is either a Canary Call regular, on a wind-up, or possibly both.

[quote user="Yellows"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope. Your obviously an happy clapper if your Wes Hoolhan point is proven by a great game against a side bottom of the league. Brilliant!

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Just hope he signs a contract soon!![/quote]He''s not exactly young at 29, at a club third in the Champ (which I think is the highest div he could play in), playing every game and possibly our most influential player. I''d highly doubt, in fact I would put good money on him not leaving.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Still.... even though he contributed all of this, he was still largely non existant and in efective, [/quote]

[/quote]

Nope. Your obviously an happy clapper if your Wes Hoolhan point is proven by a great game against a side bottom of the league. Brilliant![/quote]Yeah, except we''re less than a quarter of the way through the season, and the "side bottom of the league" finished 5th last season. Statistics can be twisted to make whatever point you want, but one thing is for sure - you can only beat what''s in front of you.I really do think you should throw away that spade now - this ridiculous and unreasonable vendetta you have against one of our current best players is starting to become a little desperate now.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Nope. Your obviously an happy clapper if your Wes Hoolhan point is proven by a great game against a side bottom of the league. Brilliant![/quote]

Yeah, except we''re less than a quarter of the way through the season, and the "side bottom of the league" finished 5th last season. Statistics can be twisted to make whatever point you want, but one thing is for sure - you can only beat what''s in front of you.

I really do think you should throw away that spade now - this ridiculous and unreasonable vendetta you have against one of our current best players is starting to become a little desperate now.
[/quote]

It really is. I think you just need to drop it now and also stop creating other usernames to slate him aswell.

Like me and you have covered before CDM, he was brilliant at Scunny, Forest to name a few (2 games ironically which you didnt attend) and saying that he scored 2 against the bottom club is nothing is absolute bo**ock$...everyone knows what a competitive, unpredictatable league the Championship is and lots of teams are very evenly matched and can beat anyone else.

Just grow the f*ck up and stop trying to slate one of the better players at our club!

You pathetic little person, like I''d create new usernames. I have a life and it doesnt revolve around people that have a different opinion to me on Norwich City forum.If you really want to be a smart alec, get admin, mods to check Ip address''s.You were the one calling out my name, your the one that needs to grow up and take those Wes tinted specs off!I was at Scunny and Forerst dont know where you got that I wernt from.If Wes was as good as people on here make out, he would not be playing for Norwich City, he certainally would not have played 3rd tier football last year and he''d atleast be in the ROI squad!

[quote user="CDMullins"]You pathetic little person, like I''d create new usernames. I have a life and it doesnt revolve around people that have a different opinion to me on Norwich City forum.

If you really want to be a smart alec, get admin, mods to check Ip address''s.

You were the one calling out my name, your the one that needs to grow up and take those Wes tinted specs off!

I was at Scunny and Forerst dont know where you got that I wernt from.

If Wes was as good as people on here make out, he would not be playing for Norwich City, he certainally would not have played 3rd tier football last year and he''d atleast be in the ROI squad![/quote]

You told me after those 2 games you wernt [:|] Oh dear oh dear.

[|-)]

[quote user="CDMullins"]You pathetic little person, like I''d create new usernames. I have a life and it doesnt revolve around people that have a different opinion to me on Norwich City forum.

You were the one calling out my name, your the one that needs to grow up and take those Wes tinted specs off!

If Wes was as good as people on here make out, he would not be playing for Norwich City, he certainally would not have played 3rd tier football last year and he''d atleast be in the ROI squad![/quote]

Wes tinted specs? My god man, it''s called supporting your club and the players that wear the shirt.

Slating a Norwich player on the basis that "If he was any good, he wouldn''t be playing for Norwich" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on this board.

I don''t think anyone cares that much, it''s just funny that you seem so intent on making yourself look like such an utter pr att [:D] Still, you are very good at it [:)]