Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Goals online....

Just because he scores doesn''t now make him a good player. Reports are saying that Wes had a really good game tonight, well thats good, its about time. He is only making up for all the times he has wasted the ball in all previous games.

I share the views of CDM on Wes. You seem to forget we were playing Leicester City, bottom of league, at home, in front of 24,000 Norwich fans and we scraped a 4-3 win.  

I don''t get carried away like some NC fans, I take each game as it comes, not expecting too much from them each time.

[quote user="Eagleeye"]

Just because he scores doesn''t now make him a good player. Reports are saying that Wes had a really good game tonight, well thats good, its about time. He is only making up for all the times he has wasted the ball in all previous games.

I share the views of CDM on Wes. You seem to forget we were playing Leicester City, bottom of league, at home, in front of 24,000 Norwich fans and we scraped a 4-3 win.  

I don''t get carried away like some NC fans, I take each game as it comes, not expecting too much from them each time.

[/quote]thanks for the post CD.. like the new username!

Your suspicions are wrong Jaz, totally. The reason ? Because there are a number of fans who do not have blinkers on and see Wes for what he is.

[quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]Sides at the very bottom of the table, on their day, can perform as well as anyone at the highest reaches of the table. On the back of our relegation from the top flight we had 4 years to understand the almost ever present flow of this league, in that you can''t be sure one way or the other which way the tides will turn.It''s worth reminding that prior to Leicesters 6-1 loss to Portsmouth that they beat Pompey 2-1 on the very same ground only 3 days before in the League Cup, and also that only 10 days before that that they beat high flying Cardiff 2-1. Look back at their relegation and they managed a 4-1 away at the very ground of the team that would be crowned champions. Or how about the performance of the out-and-out Championship winners in 2008-09 on the hallowed turf of Carrow Road?Their position in the table means jot on the day. We ''should'' know as well as anyone also, from last season, that sitting bottom of the League table (bar a points deducted Southampton), on the back of a heavy humiliating defeat early on in the season means very little in the context of the season, and it could as much as be the case that they''re the best side in the League in the long haul, only the likes of you are far too short-sighted (and i''d query your experience as a fan, what are you? 10?) to envisage such a possibility.

[quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]

I''m a great fan of the boy Wes and don''t believe anyone is blind to the weaknesses in his game. They are well documented.

Having said that he more than makes up for that by what he can do. His right peg is actually better than most (including him probably) would have us believe. Last night (second half) there was one peach of a right foot cross right on Holt''s head who just failed to score from memory. 

Your tone seems as if you clearly have some kind of anti Wes thing going and unless he turns into Iniesta overnight it''s clear you''ll always find fault. You don''t think he''s a ''good player'' then? Don''t think the professional football world and a host of managers would agree with you but hey everyone is entiled to their view.  

The boy IS good enough for this level and last night (and second half v Hull) he is getting back to his best form. He always looks to be creative and entertain rather than simply ....''get up and down''. He''s one of the best ball players I''ve ever seen pull on the yellow jersey and we are damn lucky to have him here.     

So John, what you''re saying is, league table positions mean nothing.

So, when we (3rd place) meet QPR (1st place) on 16th October, what do you think the outcome will be ?  From your views we have every chance of beating them.

As much as I love Norwich, and have done for 41 years (I''m not 10 !), and I would love them to beat QPR, I would not bet on Norwich winning that game, would you ?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]

I''m a great fan of the boy Wes and don''t believe anyone is blind to the weaknesses in his game. They are well documented.

Having said that he more than makes up for that by what he can do. His right peg is actually better than most (including him probably) would have us believe. Last night (second half) there was one peach of a right foot cross right on Holt''s head who just failed to score from memory. 

Your tone seems as if you clearly have some kind of anti Wes thing going and unless he turns into Iniesta overnight it''s clear you''ll always find fault. You don''t think he''s a ''good player'' then? Don''t think the professional football world and a host of managers would agree with you but hey everyone is entiled to their view.  

The boy IS good enough for this level and last night (and second half v Hull) he is getting back to his best form. He always looks to be creative and entertain rather than simply ....''get up and down''. He''s one of the best ball players I''ve ever seen pull on the yellow jersey and we are damn lucky to have him here.     

[/quote]

Wes has lots of moments where when he breaks from the half way line, the Norwich fans stand up with high expectations, then all say ''Sh*t'' and sit down. Thats Wes. I bet he does that more times in a game than volleying a spectacular goal, or sending a  ''peach of a right foot cross right on Holt''s head''. Once he actual fulfills his creations and the team benefits, then I may change my view. As you said.............. ''hey everyone is entitled to their view''.  I agree ! Mones just different to yours.

Thanks for posting the link - having seen this now what was Ruddy on for the first - wakey wakey!  The defending for their second was woeful - cut that out.  Adam the man''s goal I have to say had much more skill than Wes'' punt!  And the sending off - well really it wasn''t worth that but thankfully it ensured we got 3 points.

Next another bottom of the table side - Brissle.  Got to defend better there, but we only have to beat Calamity this time so should be a good chance of a win.

[quote user="CT"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyxiSQKgB8&feature=player_embedded

There y''a :)
[/quote]

Cheers for that CT[Y] Spent 20 mins trawling around looking for it.Should''ve come here first.

[quote user="Eagleeye"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wes has lots of moments where when he breaks from the half way line, the Norwich fans stand up with high expectations, then all say ''Sh*t'' and sit down. Thats Wes. I bet he does that more times in a game than volleying a spectacular goal, or sending a  ''peach of a right foot cross right on Holt''s head''. Once he actual fulfills his creations and the team benefits, then I may change my view. As you said.............. ''hey everyone is entitled to their view''.  I agree ! Mones just different to yours.

[/quote]

Eagleeye, your argument seems to be that Wes fails to score spectacular goals or deliver the perfect cross more times than he succeeds. Of course. Which player doesn''t? If Wes was as good as your expectations suggest, he''d be playing in the Champions League.

What he is is ambitious. He''s always looking for the killer pass. The point is, that it probably only comes off 10% of the time. But when it does, we tend to score. We have constructed a system where he can do that - if he gives it away, he''s high enough up the pitch for it not to be a problem.

I can''t remember many players who have given me more pleasure watching City. In every single game he does something breathtaking. Last night he did three breathtaking things - the pass that Holt nearly got on to, the pass that set up Drury and his second goal. And I''m not even counting him burying that penalty just when we needed it.

It''s beyond me why people continue to criticise him for giving the ball away or not having a right foot. It''s like criticising Michael Nelson for not slaloming his way through defences every game, or Simon Lappin for being too hairy. Wes is who he is, and the best bits of him are the best bits of every game we play.

I watch football for lots of reasons: one of them is to see the commitment of people like Andrew Crofts. But the biggest one is to be in the presence of players who do amazing things, who see passes that no-one else can see, who can leave players for dead with a spin on the heel. I really feel that if you don''t like watching Wes then you should really go and watch a different sport.

[quote user="Yellows"]Cracking goal from Wes, CD Mullins where are ya??!![/quote]

Im here, yet to see the goal. But one goal isnt going to change my mind. Seen Titus Bramble score a volley from 30 yards, you want him playing behind our front 2?

I''ll back down when Wes is......

A) Playing regular international football Bearing in mind he''s kept out of the squad by Keith Andrews, Keith Fahey, Paul Green, Laim Lawrence and Keith Tracey.

and

B) Playing for a Premier League club.

[quote user="Eagleeye"]

So, when we (3rd place) meet QPR (1st place) on 16th October, what do you think the outcome will be ?  From your views we have every chance of beating them.

As much as I love Norwich, and have done for 41 years (I''m not 10 !), and I would love them to beat QPR, I would not bet on Norwich winning that game, would you ?

[/quote]They (table positions) mean little prior to the end of the season, especially at this stage.

For all we know QPR won''t be able to buy a win by January. Leeds looked to have already had the League One title in the bag by this time last season (25 points to QPR''s 23), but such is the nature of the game, genuinely crazy events unfolded, that saw them in possession with anything but. We (you apart, seemingly) saw them go on a cup run, upstaging Tottenham on their own ground and beating the might of Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, and then lose their grasp on the silverware to the one time basement side of the league. Now this league is renowned for the even more unusual, so why something akin'' to the change in climate of last seasons League One can''t happen i don''t know. It''s all up in the air at the moment, and any person who argues different is due a serious shock to the system sooner or later.And i wouldn''t have bet on so many of the surprises that have taken place in the

Championship, and it''s not to say because we would bet either way that we

can be privy to the knowledge of the eventual outcome.

I''m surprised you of all people can find yourself with 41 years of experience. You''re understanding and appreciation for football as a game, most distinctly displayed by your lack of acknowledgement for Hoolahan and his class on here, and football''s culpability to throw up the all too weird and bizarre eventualities that no man nor woman can provide a certain reckoning on with the outcome, is desperately ignorant.Going by the conviction in your all too naive comments, i''d take a guess that this is your first season as a spectator of the game if i didn''t know any better.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Eagleeye"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eagleeye, your argument seems to be that Wes fails to score spectacular goals or deliver the perfect cross more times than he succeeds. Of course. Which player doesn''t? If Wes was as good as your expectations suggest, he''d be playing in the Champions League.

What he is is ambitious. He''s always looking for the killer pass. The point is, that it probably only comes off 10% of the time. But when it does, we tend to score. We have constructed a system where he can do that - if he gives it away, he''s high enough up the pitch for it not to be a problem.

I can''t remember many players who have given me more pleasure watching City. In every single game he does something breathtaking. Last night he did three breathtaking things - the pass that Holt nearly got on to, the pass that set up Drury and his second goal. And I''m not even counting him burying that penalty just when we needed it.

It''s beyond me why people continue to criticise him for giving the ball away or not having a right foot. It''s like criticising Michael Nelson for not slaloming his way through defences every game, or Simon Lappin for being too hairy. Wes is who he is, and the best bits of him are the best bits of every game we play.

I watch football for lots of reasons: one of them is to see the commitment of people like Andrew Crofts. But the biggest one is to be in the presence of players who do amazing things, who see passes that no-one else can see, who can leave players for dead with a spin on the heel. I really feel that if you don''t like watching Wes then you should really go and watch a different sport.

[/quote]I cannot add more than this. Brilliant post.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]Cracking goal from Wes, CD Mullins where are ya??!![/quote] Im here, yet to see the goal. But one goal isnt going to change my mind. Seen Titus Bramble score a volley from 30 yards, you want him playing behind our front 2? I''ll back down when Wes is...... A) Playing regular international football Bearing in mind he''s kept out of the squad by Keith Andrews, Keith Fahey, Paul Green, Laim Lawrence and Keith Tracey. and B) Playing for a Premier League club.[/quote]

What the hell???

Andrew Crofts doesnt play international football or play for a Premier League club and he is without doubt our POTS so far, so that is such a ridiculous thing to say!

The fact that he is a quality player and at the middle of most good things we do is enough...CD Mullins/Eagleeye LOL!

[quote user="Eagleeye"]

[/quote]Seems as if you would not bet on Norwich winning any gaame - pessimist or what

[quote user="Yellows"]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]Cracking goal from Wes, CD Mullins where are ya??!![/quote] Im here, yet to see the goal. But one goal isnt going to change my mind. Seen Titus Bramble score a volley from 30 yards, you want him playing behind our front 2? I''ll back down when Wes is...... A) Playing regular international football Bearing in mind he''s kept out of the squad by Keith Andrews, Keith Fahey, Paul Green, Laim Lawrence and Keith Tracey. and B) Playing for a Premier League club.[/quote]

What the hell???

Andrew Crofts doesnt play international football or play for a Premier League club and he is without doubt our POTS so far, so that is such a ridiculous thing to say!

The fact that he is a quality player and at the middle of most good things we do is enough...CD Mullins/Eagleeye LOL!

[/quote]

Your a complete moron.

No one is making out Crofts is a world beater.

City fans seem to think Wes is, in reality hes playing 2nd tier football, this is the highest level hes played at and he cant get a kick for Republic of Ireland.

We''ll see where Wes plays next, I bet you its not at a bigger club than us and I bet he doesnt break into the ROI team.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]

What the hell???

[/quote] Your a complete moron. No one is making out Crofts is a world beater. City fans seem to think Wes is, in reality hes playing 2nd tier football, this is the highest level hes played at and he cant get a kick for Republic of Ireland. We''ll see where Wes plays next, I bet you its not at a bigger club than us and I bet he doesnt break into the ROI team.[/quote]

What the f*ck has the got to do with how important he is to us...hes 29 its unlikely he''s gonna go onto bigger and better things he isnt a youngster.

Moron? You really are a f*cking pr*ck. Talk to me again when you acquire a football brain.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellows"]

What the hell???

[/quote] Your a complete moron. No one is making out Crofts is a world beater. City fans seem to think Wes is, in reality hes playing 2nd tier football, this is the highest level hes played at and he cant get a kick for Republic of Ireland. We''ll see where Wes plays next, I bet you its not at a bigger club than us and I bet he doesnt break into the ROI team.[/quote]

... nothing like a rash comment is there? Put your money where your mouth is. £20.00 to FONCY or a charity of your choice... You are prepared a wait aren''t you?

Really any need for the language? Your brain so small you cant think of any other words?

All this over a debate about how good a player is, very grown up.

He''s 29 and we are the biggest club he has played for, does that not tell you something?

Fairplay Shack, I''ll donate £10 to Foncy if he breaks into ROI''s team, and by that i mean start more than 50% of ROI''s qualifiers, not friendlies.

Should he no,t I want yourself and Yellows and all the other people that have had swipes at me to donate £10 to foncy!

CDMullins, what on earth is your problem?

He Scored 20 goals last season, and isn''t a striker...

He was probably involved in 75% + of our goals...When Hoolahan missed games, Holt looked poor (or maybe it was the other way around :P).....

And what has international level got to do with anything? Hucks never played for England....

and also, how will Hoolahan fit into the Ireland team? do they play a diamond? probably not...therefore even if they are looking at him, the manager might not want to risk him, because he doesn''t know how to fit him in, and they don''t have the games to try and fit him in....

[quote user="CDMullins"]Really any need for the language? Your brain so small you cant think of any other words? All this over a debate about how good a player is, very grown up. He''s 29 and we are the biggest club he has played for, does that not tell you something? Fairplay Shack, I''ll donate £10 to Foncy if he breaks into ROI''s team, and by that i mean start more than 50% of ROI''s qualifiers, not friendlies. Should he no,t I want yourself and Yellows and all the other people that have had swipes at me to donate £10 to foncy![/quote]

Hehehe ... I bet he doesnt break into the ROI team. I said £20.00 pounds. You say: 50% of the qualifiers and £10.00. I say you have little conviction in your rash comments.. (please see the embolded phrase above, the one you made) surely breaking into the Team would not legislate for ''freak'' injuries etc..

By the way, I never took any swipes at you.