Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

How many are going to QPR so far?

..well I''ve just got off the phone to a very pleasant lady in the box office who told me they have so far sold 2400! GET IN! Am very much looking forward to that one.

Hopefully Wes will have his boots on and Ruddy will have his head on.

OTBC!

I got tickets today and the lower tier is sold out apparently.  Also there''s only one coach ticket left now (as of three hours ago, anyway) after I bought two, just as a heads-up to anybody who was thinking about it.

[quote user="Mainline"]

Is it safe to go after all that trouble last night?

I am worried.

[/quote]

I''m assuming you are taking the p*ss but just in case not yes should be fine although is always a bit tasty when we go down there so be prepared for lots of police everywhere and being herded about if you find yourself in certain pubs and they decide they are going to shut you in "for your own safety."

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Mainline"]

I am worried.

[/quote]

I''m assuming you are taking the p*ss but just in case not yes should be fine although is always a bit tasty when we go down there so be prepared for lots of police everywhere and being herded about if you find yourself in certain pubs and they decide they are going to shut you in "for your own safety."

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up.

Would you say its safe to wear colours there?

Just got mine, thanks for the heads up, lower tier is indeed all gone. Football Grounds Guide suggests the capacity is around 2500 so it looks like it''ll sell out soon.

ye, as long as it''s green - many from the emerald isle live thereabouts

which reminds me of a match some years back when the game was called off at short notice and we found ourselves in a local pub

ireland were playing rugby and we, by chance, decided to support them, our clours were accepted as being of that country and at half time we were invited to queue up for food (stew)

thankfully I was able to explain to the others that the chap ''collecting for the soldiers'' was not going to hand the money over to the royal anglians - before any comment was made

I think the pitch was water logged

Going with a mate, upper tier. Can''t wait. Don''t ever see the point of being worried of wearing colours though. Show your pride, and usually the ''trouble makers'' don''t wear colours anyway. I really can''t wait for the match, it will be a cracking atmosphere from our lot, especially in a smaller ground. Can''t see anything but a loss though...

Mainline - QPR can be intimidating on its day, as Jim says. I have heard stories of fans being turned back as early as Liverpool Street and being moved out of the area post game.

Keep your wits about you and dont go mouthing off and youll be fine. As for colours you should be ok, but if you are going on your own Id take a jacket so that you can cover up, should the need arise.

[quote user="Mainline"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Mainline"]

I am worried.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up.

Would you say its safe to wear colours there?

[/quote]There was trouble at the qpr game last night is what hes getting at if you maybe thought it was about our game :)

[quote user="Ren"]Mainline - QPR can be intimidating on its day, as Jim says. I have heard stories of fans being turned back as early as Liverpool Street and being moved out of the area post game.

Keep your wits about you and dont go mouthing off and youll be fine. As for colours you should be ok, but if you are going on your own Id take a jacket so that you can cover up, should the need arise.[/quote]Sorry but I''m not going! [;)]I''ve worn colours there in the past. The only problem I can recall was the mounted police wouldn''t let City fans walk downa certain road but insisted they took another route, despite the fact that they needed to go that way to get to their car.

QPR upper tier.....Early train.....

Looking forward to the game.....and another good day out in Laaaaanndaaaaaaan.

"Oi! Oi! Oi!"

No I was referring to our previous visits to QPR. Always been a bit of history between us and them. Whether it will be this year i have no idea. However don''t see any reason for anyone not to wear colours. Its the sort of place where if you wear your colours and just go to the game you are unlikely to see any trouble. I''ve been there loads of times and on most occasions seen no aggro. If, however, you are in a group and look like you might be "up for it" whilst drinking round the pubs in shepherds bush before and after the game then it can be a bit more lively.

[quote user="Mainline"]

I am worried.

[/quote]If you really have to ask this, dont bother going as you''re obviously a bore.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

QPR upper tier.....Early train.....

Looking forward to the game.....and another good day out in Laaaaanndaaaaaaan.

"Oi! Oi! Oi!"

[/quote]

You do know Queens Park is in West London, right? Approximately 7 miles away from, and nothing to do with, the ''Cockney'' East End either historically, geographically or culturally?

I''m going and have tickets in the Lower Tier which I bought yesterday morning, she did say there were only single tickets left in the lower tier now.

''Paul Lambert''s Discslipped'' sez : 

"You do know Queens Park is in West London, right? Approximately 7 miles away from, and nothing to do with, the ''Cockney'' East End either historically, geographically or culturally?"

REALLY? 

It''ll be fine, much worse places..

The only reason there was trouble last night was because millwall turned up with chelsea with qpr turning up with spurs along with the local gangs

I''ve been a few times and the only trouble I had was explaining to the counter server I wanted a beef pie and not a yorkie bar he proceeded to give me for some reason

Five of us going, upper tier - exceedingly excited, especially as it''ll be my first game this season (does it show?). Last time we were there someone was even more sick than me with the excitement, kindly puking down the back of the upper tier so that it sprayed down onto our heads in the bar area. Don''t do that again.

[quote user="CT"]

We''re lower tier as well [:D]

[/quote]\Why is this a good thing may I ask?

I am also lower tier, but would probably prefer upper.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"]

We''re lower tier as well [:D]

[/quote]\Why is this a good thing may I ask?

I am also lower tier, but would probably prefer upper.[/quote]

There''s plenty of seats available in the upper tier if you want to change them, they sold the lower tier first.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"You do know Queens Park is in West London, right? Approximately 7 miles away from, and nothing to do with, the ''Cockney'' East End either historically, geographically or culturally?"

REALLY? 

[/quote]

Oh, don''t be like that Mello. Clearly you must give a damn, maybe a little one, after all you took the trouble to look into your inexhaustable vault of: mildly amusing / irrelevant / inane pictures...

REALLY? 

[/quip]

Shackell''s flaccid todger said :

Oh, don''t be like that Mello. Clearly you must give a damn, maybe a little one, after all you took the trouble to look into your *inexhaustable* vault of: mildly amusing / irrelevant / inane pictures...

[/qwerty]

I''m approximately 7 miles away from maybe giving a little damn....Although, I don''t believe that you justify the trouble of or are actually worthy of - a mildly amusing / irrelevant / inane picture - from my *inexhaustible* vault of: mildly amusing / irrelevant / inane pictures...