Sign in to follow this  
The Wesminator

Is it me or........

.....is it just The Jarrold stand thats really bad for HT refreshments?????

The que''s just seem to get longer.......and .....longer and it takes forever.................................

I want to watch the first half to the whistle then grab a coffee. Saturday I did just that and missed the first 5 mins of the second half.

Is it this bad around the rest of the ground or have we just got it bad on the slow staff front????

I am fortunate (In my opinion) to make it to Arsenal and it is a dream both old and new compared to CR. Having said that two recent visits to Stamford Bridge have proved a squeese at HT.

Views Gents......perhaps an action group to get this addressed ''Fans Against Ridiculously Tedious Service'' (F.A.R.T.S.). ''Its got a ring''.

Ta

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are you a gooner or city? If both,then I couldn''t give a shite if you missed the whole second half at CR.[/quote]Must be LQ[:P]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are you a gooner or city? If both,then I couldn''t give a shite if you missed the whole second half at CR.[/quote]

Must be LQ[:P]
[/quote]

Careful Silly Sausage as she lurks around at this time of night on here looking to add her wit and sarcasm usually aimed in my direction.[;)]

[quote user="The Wesminator"]

.....is it just The Jarrold stand thats really bad for HT refreshments?????

The que''s just seem to get longer.......and .....longer and it takes forever.................................

I want to watch the first half to the whistle then grab a coffee. Saturday I did just that and missed the first 5 mins of the second half.

Is it this bad around the rest of the ground or have we just got it bad on the slow staff front????

I am fortunate (In my opinion) to make it to Arsenal and it is a dream both old and new compared to CR. Having said that two recent visits to Stamford Bridge have proved a squeese at HT.

Views Gents......perhaps an action group to get this addressed ''Fans Against Ridiculously Tedious Service'' (F.A.R.T.S.). ''Its got a ring''.

Ta

[/quote]Gents ?This sounds like sexual discrimination to me........you''ve gone and done it now mate. You must like hospitals methinks.Incidentally the queues in the Gents aren''t so bad if you leave it a bit but I have seen people die of old age waiting for a coffee.....

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are you a gooner or city? If both,then I couldn''t give a shite if you missed the whole second half at CR.[/quote]Must be LQ[:P][/quote]

Thank you poster for your valuable reply to my thread, it is very much appreciated.

The content shows what a great and valued member of the forum and human race you are.

By means of a justification, if indeed you deserve one, I am a Norwich supporter of 40+years and am a regular at home matches and the odd jaunt away.

Being a lover of football, as I am sure we all are, regardless if you do or do not like Arsenal, you can not take away from the fact that they play the nicest and most entertaining football you are likely to witness on a Saturday.

Quite frankly sir the mere content of your response clearly shows you do not agree with the above. Your opinion is that of one sad lonely individual to even bother responding with such bitterness and anger.

Having said that I am sure your mother loved you.

Ta

It does seem slower to me in the Jarrold, then the times i''ve been there compared to the Barclay and River End.

I would hazard a guess its to do with the amount of fans in the stand, with the Jarrold holding most and the proportion of staff to fans probably being the lowest in the ground

The real reason is twofold:-

1. The bar staff are all swanning round the Hucks party and Begger anyone else

2. That part of the ground are the only ones who can afford half time refreshment therefore longer queues

[quote user="CallsignViper"]It''s not that bad in the Barclay. Go down to the bar at half time whistle, get a beer, drink it, and back in seat for the second half.[/quote]

don''t know which Barclay this is but certainly not the one I sit in. All games this season, go down to the bar at half time and it''s three deep and takes ages to get served. On some occasions, they''ve been changing the barrel at 3:45 meaning an even longer wait. And frequently inexperienced bar staff are employed too adding to the frustration.

I don''t mind paying increased prices but at least let me get a beer.

They actually distribute Red Cross Parcels at half-time in the Cathedral Lounge......On a good day, (and if the club''s feeling generous) there''s on occasion, a delivery by Meals on Wheels.....

Isn''t there a soup kitchen in the River-End?

I know they get a ''rum ration'' in the snake-pit....

Jarrolds always did do a better class of Father Christmas in my opinion...........

Wesminator...may I suggest you lighten up. My mistake for not adding a wink or Smiley and it was only said in jest,having said that,a person over 50 as I assume you are should really of grown a pair by now. Oh and my mother was very caring thanks,the old man was a useless toe rag!