Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Stevie Smith

Very accomplished, bit of gas, good delivery, eye for a pass, nice touch...

By the looks of it, a very good addition to the squad, pity he isn''t right footed really, give Korey a bit of competition. Very good start and pleased to see him come on when we were under such pressure and he still played his game, unfazed.

Good to see him in action, obviously not in his favoured left back position but he gave Drury some extra protection as we went 4-4-2. Early days but looks a tidy player with a bit of pace, so a welcome addition to the squad, especially with Surman out injured.

Looked tidy, playing out of position. I think he was just brought on to mark Waghorne (however its spelt), as he was tearing us apart. But then he moved up top, so it didnt really work :/

Looked tidy though.

He looked alright but it''s too early to form much of an opinion on him. He did the basics ok (apart from giving the ball away cheaply once).

See what he can do after a run of games.

how much better is it that we have the likes of Smith to come in, Surman to return and Fox, Hughes and McNamee as cover

too often in the past an injury or two would see us shuffling players around, playing then out of place and hoping for the best

remember Rusty being our ''only'' striker

I think we''ve yet to see our best X1 - if we can keep pace with the top group then injuries and suspensions will hit a fair number of clubs who are carrying thinner squads

I''m pretty sure in the long run Stevie Smith will be used more as an attacking full back, perhaps for home games if Drury starts to tire towards the end of the season?

He seems to be accomplished at left wing but I''m pretty sure he''s played most of his career as left wing back or full back

Exactly - very difficult to form a view that he would be worth a start on those few minutes

Did a job but I''m not sure if he could oust Drury Martin or anyone else fow that matter - however Lamberts the guy who will know.....

i thought he looked a bit nervous too, but thats undestandable. Good to see him get a run out though and start to build up the match fitness

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]He looked scared and very uncomfortable to me...
Was very reluctant to move forwards

[/quote]

Yeah thats what I thought

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I was surprised he was so comfortable at left mid, might be an attacking left back, hopefully not in the same mould as Otsemeobor however.[/quote]

I believe that he started as a left mid and was converted to a full back at Rangers.

I thought it was the wrong time to be bringing on someone whos been out for so long as he looked really nervous and was giving the ball away at a critical time in the game. He was warming up at 4-2 but they still put him on after it went to 4-3 which was a mistake in my opinion. but nevermind we still won :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]He looked scared and very uncomfortable to me... Was very reluctant to move forwards[/quote]thought he coped with the circumstances really well, he came on with 10 mins to go when we had a one goal lead and they were down to 10 men. Lambert im sure was saying to him protect Drury and keep the ball, the last thing he was saying to him was go forward.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I was surprised he was so comfortable at left mid, might be an attacking left back, hopefully not in the same mould as Otsemeobor however.[/quote]

more like Bowen, Sullivan?

[/quote]

But not Alan Black [:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

more like Bowen, Sullivan?

[/quote]

But not Alan Black [:S]

[/quote]

Alan Black did go through my mind.........then theres Geoff Butler.

It was his first 1st team appearance in months, he came on for a few minutes and did his job.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I thought he looked totally out of his depth - not waving but drowning...[;)]

[/quote]

You are being facetious here aren''t you Purple?

Smith was most likely briefed to protect Adam Drury and shore-up the left flank; not go kamikaze into the opposition''s third with a few minutes to go!

He did perfectly well and we won the game.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I thought he looked totally out of his depth - not waving but drowning...[;)][/quote]

You are being facetious here aren''t you Purple?

Smith was most likely briefed to protect Adam Drury and shore-up the left flank; not go kamikaze into the opposition''s third with a few minutes to go!

He did perfectly well and we won the game.

[/quote]NM, I''ve yet to see Stevie Smith play but I''ve never regarded that a valid reason for not having an opinion![;)] However you''re right. I was being facetious, and abstruse. It was a Friday night reference to the poet Stevie

Smith, whose most famous work is entitled "Not waving but drowning".

To hell with this thread.... but then Alan Black - Geoff Butler!!

Anyone remember the chant ''Black is Black we want Joe Mullett back'' !!!!!

My mum and dad would - God bless their souls!!