Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Lambert,snubbed Burnley,Leicester..

With quotes like" Commited to Norwich"

Okay these teams are prob on par with us in terms of size,so unless it was a lucirtive financial offer,i can understand it..But if it was a club that is "prem secure" like villa,even blackburn,i think his commitment will waver :(

Having said that,Celtic are way bigger than us,and he did distance himself from that job as well?

Celtic last season was probably a case of job unfinished here. Without the L1 title, he really hasn''t got much on his CV. Be interesting to see what job offers come up at the end of this season. Or  when our fate is known one way or the other.

Moving to Leicester or Burnley would be at best a sideways step, definately not a forward step for Lambert.

I think its still far to early for Lambert to up and leave us when an offer from a Premiership club comes along.

Remember hes only done it in the 3rd Division for us so far and if he gets us into the Premiership and keeps us there then he''ll be able to seriously consider leaving us for a Premiership club.

I think he will be here a while yet, i''m sure he feels he can get promotion to the premiership, either this season or the next....

I get really annoyed with this subject. Why should he want to leave? This club has the potential to become a stable Premier League club with the right guidance/luck. If he were to achieve that with us then there is only a handfull of jobs that would be more attractive, and they don''t come along to often.

[quote user="JF"]I get really annoyed with this subject. Why should he want to leave? This club has the potential to become a stable Premier League club with the right guidance/luck. If he were to achieve that with us then there is only a handfull of jobs that would be more attractive, and they don''t come along to often.[/quote]Putting the big four/five clubs to one side, there are about 12 clubs who are *already* stable Prem league clubs. If they came knocking on his door, I would have thought he would be very tempted, especially as they''d probably offer him a contract which would make him financially secure for life. The ideal career path for a manager must look something like get smallish club promoted, optionally move to a bigger one, prove yourself with one or two promotions and then either show you can keep that club up among the big boys, or move to a new club and prove it with them. Then wait for the big boys to come knocking. Lambert is doing pretty well so far. But if he did go, would/could we keep Culverhouse perhaps to move into Lambert''s shoes?