Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Well done John Ruddy

The lad made a major error on Tuesday and has been slagged by the usual suspects, yet, by all accounts, didn''t put a foot wrong today. He''s a young lad and I just hope people will finally get over Fraser Forster and the theory that Declan Rudd''s development is being stunted and get behind the boy.

Complettely agree. Yes, he made an error. That means he is human. No one is perfect, but I seriously think he is a really good keeper.

He was a hero after Swansea, and we are third in the league. I do not believe any of his peformances have hindered the overall result of any game, and so no problem. [:)]

Green made an error, and his England career is over now.....With very little back up from anyone in the country, was even being jeered by the West Ham fans to start with......

Ruddy makes a mistake (following mistakes in pre-season) and people get worried, he hasn''t made the impact FF made last season yet, I personally don''t mind him, i just think it was the wrong decision to get in a young keeper like him, when we supposedly have two very good young keepers in Rudd and Steer.....

There''s a difference between ''an error'' and consistently dropping clangers...green...ruddy

green has made blunder after blunder after blunder, failure to see that is nothing more that blinkered stupidity

When?

I don''t remember his doing anything like that for Norwich, and don''t watch every West Ham game....so when are all these blunders?

And Ruddy has made more than one error for us anyway....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When? I don''t remember his doing anything like that for Norwich, and don''t watch every West Ham game....so when are all these blunders? And Ruddy has made more than one error for us anyway....[/quote]

One major error in the League season which didn''t cost us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Green made an error, and his England career is over now.....With very little back up from anyone in the country, was even being jeered by the West Ham fans to start with......

Ruddy makes a mistake (following mistakes in pre-season) and people get worried, he hasn''t made the impact FF made last season yet, I personally don''t mind him, i just think it was the wrong decision to get in a young keeper like him, when we supposedly have two very good young keepers in Rudd and Steer.....[/quote]We''re a Chamionship Club, not a Country playing in a World Cup Competition though GP.I think he''s had a very good impact and just remember FF was playing against strikers of a far lower quality in my opinion.Today, Ruddy spots Jackson making a run and we get a goal out of it. He''s saved a penalty. He''s made a couple of mistakes - so what?! Oh and GP, it clearly wasn''t the wrong decision as we''re currently Third and when Rudd played last saturday, whilst he wasn''t poor, his kicking was a long way off Ruddy''s ability. Just because he''s home grown doesn''t mean he''s Premiership Class just yet.

Infact, when have i said anything bad about Ruddy? I highlighted the fact he has made a couple of errors for us (which he has...) and that i think it was the wrong decision getting in a keeper of his age....nothing against him, he''s a decent enough keeper.

[quote user="Beauseant"]The lad made a major error on Tuesday and has been slagged by the usual suspects, yet, by all accounts, didn''t put a foot wrong today. He''s a young lad and I just hope people will finally get over Fraser Forster and the theory that Declan Rudd''s development is being stunted and get behind the boy.[/quote]

Not so young he''s 24 although thats young compared to you and me I guess [:)]

Don''t get the comments about getting in somebody of Ruddys age, he''s older that Forster?!?!

Every keeper is prone to a couple of errors, it''s how they react to them that counts and he''s always come back strongly.

Forster wasn''t faultless for us, I can remember a couple of errors (anyone remember Leeds!)

Why can''t we give people a chance or is Ruddy the new Russell Martin?

I think some people were so desperate for Lambert to sign Forster that anyone who came in would have got this stick, irrespective of age and experience.I for one had really hoped we''d get FF back. We didn''t. We have to support the team we HAVE, not the one we''d have liked to have.Ruddy looks more than competent IMO. Yes, he''s made some mistakes. So has everyone else in our squad at some time or other. As a previous poster pointed out, making errors is a human quality (failing?). It happens. Ruddy, however, doesn''t dwell on mistakes, shakes the dust from his heels and gets on with the game. He remains composed despite the passion he shows when he makes a mistake.

RichT

Who isn''t giving him a chance?

A few people have raised doubts, but i don''t think there has really been any serious comments saying he is poor and not good enough for out team.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When?

I don''t remember his doing anything like that for Norwich, and don''t watch every West Ham game....so when are all these blunders?

And Ruddy has made more than one error for us anyway....[/quote]

Forest away (televised), Gillingham away, QPR away, England debut, ...If you ever have the pleasure of meeting malky mackay, ask him about Robert green.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]When?

And Ruddy has made more than one error for us anyway....[/quote]

Forest away (televised), Gillingham away, QPR away, England debut, ...If you ever have the pleasure of meeting malky mackay, ask him about Robert green.

[quote user="Mynamedoesntworkwiththequotefacility"]Forest away (televised), Gillingham away, QPR away, England debut, ...If you ever have the pleasure of meeting malky mackay, ask him about Robert green.[/quote]

Luton away when he decided to have a little sit down. It was one of my favourites (but not at the time). But it''s all very well listing mistakes. Couldn''t we do that for all keepers? If not which keeper hasn''t made a blunder?

Like said many many times before, if a Keeper makes a mistake, it most often ends in a goal being conceded.....If a Striker/midfielder/ even defenders make a mistake it most often is not that bad.....so keepers mistakes are much more exposed, if you call a simple misplaced pass a mistake, players like Hoolahan have made 100s.......

I think some people were so desperate for Lambert to sign Forster that anyone who came in would have got this stick, irrespective of age and experience.

I for one had really hoped we''d get FF back. We didn''t. We have to support the team we HAVE, not the one we''d have liked to have.

Ruddy looks more than competent IMO. Yes, he''s made some mistakes. So has everyone else in our squad at some time or other. As a previous poster pointed out, making errors is a human quality (failing?). It happens. Ruddy, however, doesn''t dwell on mistakes, shakes the dust from his heels and gets on with the game. He remains composed despite the passion he shows when he makes a mistake.

Nail hit firmly on the head!

@Nutty.... dont say "its all very well listing mistakes..." Its what I was asked to do FFS

And thats a short list of many.

Ruddy has serious shortcomings, if you cant see and accept that then its just tinted specs time. Because he makes mistakes doesn''t mean he wont have moments of brilliance, obviously.

The whole train of thought that says you should blindly support players and not criticise is ludicrous, the manager stands on the touchline and kicks water bottles whilst ranting and raving, but I, as a paying spectator, is supposed to sit on my arse and keep quiet or politely applaud. **** that. If they make genuine mistakes then fair enough, the only people who dont are the people who do **** all.

But when there are obvious, consistent shortcomings, then you''d be nuts not to express your feelings either against the player, the manager for picking him or both.

Mind you there seem to be about 23,000 sheep at CR these days so no surprise mediocrity taking home £10k a week is applauded

baaa....

The guy was onto a loser when he got here because he is not FF.

Last season FF was fantastic for us - at a lower level - with very few mistakes. We were fortunate to have him and spoiled with his quality too.

Yes, John Ruddy has made mistakes - which keeper hasn''t?

He has also saved points for us and today created a goal too.

I hope his confidence grows and grows after today and he learns from the mistakes he makes. (I''ll bet you a pound to a pinch of s4it he doesn''t let any more in at the near post like he did on Tuesday!)

I am struggling to see what his detractors are hoping to achieve by moaning about him on here.

It is an anomaly of football that goalkeepers mistakes are scrutinised much more than outfield players, the truth is the crucial saves outweigh the mistakes but unfortunately it is the mistakes that get remembered and the keeper gets crucified for them. Outfield players make as many mistakes, missed tackles, poor marking, misplaced passes and missed efforts on goal that are as equally detrimental to the team but they seem to be either forgotten or just accepted. The fact of the matter is that even world class keepers make mistakes....

I have to say that I''m a little lost in the ''serious shortcomings'' that Ruddy has which are so obvious - he''s let in one howler in 9 games and perhaps one or two that he might have saved on another day. Truth is that his record is probably no worse in that respect than pretty-much every keeper for every club this season to-date.

The point with FF is that he was undoubtedly good for us, but it was at a lower level, playing against L1 strikers: you have to say that on the whole they are there for a reason - ie they don''t have the capability of Champs/Prem strikers. I said as much last season that I wondered whether FF''s form was aided a little by the ability of the players he was up against.

[quote user="shepherd"]@Nutty.... dont say "its all very well listing mistakes..." Its what I was asked to do FFS And thats a short list of many. Ruddy has serious shortcomings, if you cant see and accept that then its just tinted specs time. Because he makes mistakes doesn''t mean he wont have moments of brilliance, obviously. The whole train of thought that says you should blindly support players and not criticise is ludicrous, the manager stands on the touchline and kicks water bottles whilst ranting and raving, but I, as a paying spectator, is supposed to sit on my arse and keep quiet or politely applaud. **** that. If they make genuine mistakes then fair enough, the only people who dont are the people who do **** all. But when there are obvious, consistent shortcomings, then you''d be nuts not to express your feelings either against the player, the manager for picking him or both. Mind you there seem to be about 23,000 sheep at CR these days so no surprise mediocrity taking home £10k a week is applauded baaa....[/quote]

Yes I''m fully aware you were asked to list the mistakes but my point was that all goalkeepers make mistakes. Listing just Greeno''s mistakes proves nothing the same as listing Ruddy''s. You could list David James'' mistakes because they stay in the memory but he was picked time after time for England by different managers, and kept goal for top clubs in the Premiership. James stayed at the top level because of the way he reacted to those mistakes and carried on to help earn endless victorys for his clubs and country.

Next time your with a sheep you''ll find it beneficial to move nearer the edge of the cliff so it pushes back harder baaaaaaa.......