Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

Sousa Sacked

We had a very brief chat with Mandaric on the train back to London after the game, and it was clear that the writing was on the wall for Sousa.  He was duly warned to stay away from Lambert, especially after he told us he was impressed with how well he''d done at Norwich!

Ridiculous but suppose who are we to talk after Gunn got the push after a such a short time! What fans fail to appreciate isthat no doubt will cost Leicester a fair bit in compensation assuming Sousa had a decent contract.Leicester also played pretty good against us, did not look relegation side

Oh forgot to say I love the way the Chairman "backed" the Manager the day before our matchand then "sacked" him the day after, obviously just a slip of the tongue and got one letter wrong in word!

[quote user="CJ"]Ridiculous but suppose who are we to talk after Gunn got the push after a such a short time! What fans fail to appreciate is
that no doubt will cost Leicester a fair bit in compensation assuming Sousa had a decent contract.
Leicester also played pretty good against us, did not look relegation side
[/quote]

This kind of comment always mystifies me [*-)]

He had half the previous season and got us relegated. The only surprise to me was that he was allowed to start the next season as manager [:O]

They played well against us but if you don''t play your best players and play people out of position you will always struggle. Ring any bells Glen? You simply cannot spend £3 million on a centre forward like Martyn Waghorn and put him out on the right wing. It undermines your credibility from day one particularly when you have a very good winger in Paul Gallagher on the bench.

GET IN!! He lost the dressing room, the club was a mess under him. Can''t wait for saturday now. Sven will be appointed I imagine to attract the big names and also help Leicester crack the asian market with a big named manager. Starting with the tour of Thailand in the international break. Dread to think what he''d be on though.

Ridiculously linked with Santa Cruz, make it happen Sven!

lambert ''flattered'' by interest according to sky, but 100% committed to Norwich

I agree with Jacko on this one. I do like Paulo and his insistence on playing football his way, but I think he sticks to his philosophy too much, he''d probably fair alright in the Prem, but Championship you have to be able to change the way you play very quickly. Which Lambert is certainly adjusting too, but Paulo just didn''t have that in his bag. I do hope he gets another club and becomes successful because I always liked the guy personally!

Isn''t Mandaric on the way out at Leicester having nearly sold out ?. I have hated Leicester since they shafted Mike Walker in favour of Martin O''Neil way back in the last century.

[quote user="crab"]lambert ''flattered'' by interest according to sky, but 100% committed to Norwich[/quote]Why would Lambert leave Norwich to go to a similar size club, don''t understand why Sky even need to ask such questions tbh.

Yeah Mandaric will be gone soon, heading to Pompey apparently. AEK Athens want Sousa as manager apparently, so I wont be surprised to see him there next week.

[quote user="Dangles"]GET IN!! He lost the dressing room, the club was a mess under him. Can''t wait for saturday now. Sven will be appointed I imagine to attract the big names and also help Leicester crack the asian market with a big named manager. Starting with the tour of Thailand in the international break. Dread to think what he''d be on though.

Ridiculously linked with Santa Cruz, make it happen Sven![/quote]the same Sven who didnt make a difference at notts county or Mexico?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]We had a very brief chat with Mandaric on the train back to London after the game, and it was clear that the writing was on the wall for Sousa.  He was duly warned to stay away from Lambert, especially after he told us he was impressed with how well he''d done at Norwich!
[/quote]

I was with Matt chatting to Mr M. I mentioned that I thought Nigel Pearson was a decent manager and couldn''t understand why they had let him go. I also asked whether he thought Pearson''s team would have conceded ten goals in their last two games. Although they may have appeared as gloating sorts of questions, they were not and we very civil towards him, apart from when he asked us about Paul Lambert!

It was good of him to talk to us as it looked like he had great deal on his mind.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]
the same Sven who didnt make a difference at notts county or Mexico?
[/quote]

Maybe Sven did use his experience to make a difference to the Mexican players post-match party arrangements though (if yesterdays Sun can be believed)!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Armchair Follower"]....[/quote]Why do you follow armchairs? [:^)][/quote]

Because the band was playing a John Sousa march (boom boom)!

a) the gunn comment - did he not get more than half a season to save his beloved canaries?

b) Can see an emotional return to Leicester for Martin O''Neill

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

the Mexican players'' post-match party arrangements

[/quote]

Ha ha! Hadn''t heard about that. Hope that the organism grows in stature following these incidents and that their ballplayers'' party poppers go up healthier avenues in future.

"Several media have published photos of the alleged prostitutes entering and leaving the hotel in the early hours, one of the call-girls was even holding a Mexico''s team jersey. Furthermore, the internet has been invaded by photographs of the supposed transsexual posing with Salcido and Vela, the Arsenal forward.

The FMF said that the penalties were decided after questioning hotel personnel and reviewing video surveillance. Once more, the organism refused to disclose what really took place inside the hotel room and if prostitutes were part of the celebration."

Also someone mentioned asked why Lambert would leave us to join Leicester? Don''t get disillusioned by club size or league positioning.

Lambert left Colchester for us when they were in a higher league position than us. I would hope that Lambert feels he still has a lot to offer Norwich before a Premiership club comes calling....and hopefully we''ll be a Premiership club before then.

The only snag with me for Lambert is that he''s followed a similar path so far in his career to O''Neill by being at Wycombe and Norwich, next on that list is Leicester.

Seriously hope there''s nothing in it though.

The Mirror is reporting that Sven has taken the job on a two year contract.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-appointed-new-Leicester-boss-article592455.html

Norfolknchance, cunning analysis there - but I reckon he''ll skip the Foxy ones, as he''s already done an ''ester'' club (a premature deviation, if you will).