Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Dirtiest City player.

I think there is a difference between being called for a lot of fouls and being a dirty player. Huckerby received a lot of dirty fouls but I don''t think he gave a lot of them.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]LIT that sums up grant holt is a very dirty player !! No one likes a dirty player/[/quote]

Half the time, Holt is only giving free kicks away because of his strength and size, players leaning into him, for example, wont get called on as much as they dont really get noticed, but holt leaning into another players, and they will fall/get moved away and the ref will give a free kick. Some of his tackles are just down to frustration when things arent going our way. He is no way a malicious player, but maybe a little clumbsy in some challenges. I hope your not saying you dont like him by the way???

Holt''s much like Kevin Davies who has been the highest foul committer in the Premiership for a few years now. It''s not that either are particularly dirty players (although Holt does get a bit nasty when he''s really riled) but the way they play, backing in / challenging in the air, the Ref is going to give a lot of decisions against them. Shearer was a similar player.. not dirty, just hard.

I don''t think we''ve ever had anyone really dirty like a Viera or Matterazi.

Darel Russell.. 11 red cards in his career. 9 of which with Norwich City.a hard bastard in midfield wins you games!

Carl Bradshaw, Andy Johnson and Danny Mills. I''m surprised we ever made it to the end of games with all of em on the pitch. Then again I was a lot younger then!!

You must remember yellow and red cards are a new phenomenon. Never such things in the old days but very few people, understandably, ever argued with the best keeper Norwich ever had, Kevin Keelan and I wonder just how many matches Big Dunc would actually finish if he was playing nowadays. Then if you are really old, like I feel I am at times, you would remember Ollie Burton ..... enough said.

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="Mook"]I think I''m right in saying that Mr D Huckerby was, at one time in our prem season, not only the most fouled player but also the player who had committed most fouls?
[/quote]
I think you''re right there Mook. Hucks did commit a lot of fouls. Now it has to be Holt though - I believe he was the player with the most fouls in League One last season.
[/quote]

There are two reasons for that: a) he couldn''t tackle, and b) he didn''t want to tackle and probably thought that if he committed enough fouls the manager would stop trying to make him do it!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="Mook"]I think I''m right in saying that Mr D Huckerby was, at one time in our prem season, not only the most fouled player but also the player who had committed most fouls?
[/quote]
I think you''re right there Mook. Hucks did commit a lot of fouls. Now it has to be Holt though - I believe he was the player with the most fouls in League One last season.
[/quote]

There are two reasons for that: a) he couldn''t tackle, and b) he didn''t want to tackle and probably thought that if he committed enough fouls the manager would stop trying to make him do it!

[/quote]

PS.  I love Hucks but I''m not blind to his shortcomings.

carl bradshaw for me...

...and although he has to be my favourite player over the years (surely the best passer we''ve ever had too) I remember the classy Chippy Crook having the odd red-mist moment. Usually the "revenge tackle" a few mins after getting done himself.