Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Dirtiest City player.

There is a current posting on Tractor Boys elisiting views on the "Dirtiest Town player."

I would prefer the use of "hard" rather than "dirty," but it seems that we have not had a real hardman for some time. Russel was a pussycat compared to Trevor Hockey or the "dreaded" Duncan Forbes. Would a hard man, not a Muscat, help avoid slip-ups like last weekend? Are we a bit soft these days?

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Robert Green - his hair always used to look a mess![/quote]

Clearly you have a hair fixation. Have you tried Head and Shoulders?

Apparently, Tony Powell refused to shower with the other players. I wonder why.

He was actually a bit of a cruncher and those rumours are, apparently, untrue.

He had a magnificent head of hair as well.

Grant Holt is a little underhand, we don''t really have a ''dirty'' player and haven''t in some years. We have those one who love a tackle, Crofts, Gary Holt, Safri, Brellier amongst others, but none to be described as dirty for 10 years or more...

ah yes, trevor hockey, with his socks rolled down, he did not give a monkey''s. A hard player, and we loved him. Colin suggett had his moments too

[quote user="lordyfan"]ah yes, trevor hockey, with his socks rolled down, he did not give a monkey''s. A hard player, and we loved him. Colin suggett had his moments too
[/quote]

John Bond signed him for one reason ... to avoid relegation by any means possible. We did just that at WBA. Then Hockey was released not long after. Still a "legend."

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="lordyfan"]ah yes, trevor hockey, with his socks rolled down, he did not give a monkey''s. A hard player, and we loved him. Colin suggett had his moments too
[/quote]

John Bond signed him for one reason ... to avoid relegation by any means possible. We did just that at WBA. Then Hockey was released not long after. Still a "legend."

[/quote]

It was Ron Saunders who signed him from Sheffield United. "A Blade without a razor"[;)] I believe part of a deal that saw Jimmy Bone sign for them.

He played just 13 times for Norwich but will always have legendary status for us who were around at the time. He sadly died in his early 40''s and was playing football at the time. I am lucky enough to have met him when he was coaching youngsters at Pontins. His enthusiasm and love for the game made a lasting impression on me and another PUP who was lucky enough to be coached by him and wear one of his international caps[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Ron Saunders who signed him from Sheffield United. "A Blade without a razor"[;)] I believe part of a deal that saw Jimmy Bone sign for them.

He played just 13 times for Norwich but will always have legendary status for us who were around at the time. He sadly died in his early 40''s and was playing football at the time. I am lucky enough to have met him when he was coaching youngsters at Pontins. His enthusiasm and love for the game made a lasting impression on me and another PUP who was lucky enough to be coached by him and wear one of his international caps[:)]

[/quote]

I was convinced it was Bond. Shows how the memory deceives.

You cannae argue with Big Dunc or Hockey the Blade on this one!  However arguing over which one was hardest, there would certainly be trouble!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was convinced it was Bond. Shows how the memory deceives.

[/quote]

Mine often deceives me, especially the more recent past. Like who signed some no mark player on loan. Was it Roeder or Gunn... Frankly, like mello, I don''t give a damn [;)]

Trevor Hockey god rest his soul wins by a mile. Anyone remember when we played against him on a snowy Wednesday night and he put on of our players over the pile of snow over the fencing and into the main stand, luckily the only place that had seats in those days so he was pelted with the customary cushions. Cant even remember who he got but he was just so small.

Worst disciplined player we have had ( slightly different ) is in fact according to stats our very own Grant Holt. Over the last few years as he is now he has been top and not far off in which ever division he has been in. Got to nip out but will put some stats up later some of you might be shocked, much worse then Robbie Savage.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Remember wikipedia is not 100% reliable though
[/quote]

Sound advice WITS..

Trevor Hockey had played his first and 13th and last game for Norwich and was playing for Aston Villa by the time John Bond arrived at Norwich.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Kevin Keelan[/quote]

Good call NBS.. In my time he landed more punches than all the other players put together!

Having said that if there is ever to be a statue at Carrow Road, in my view he is the one and only candidate.

I think I''m right in saying that Mr D Huckerby was, at one time in our prem season, not only the most fouled player but also the player who had committed most fouls?

Trevor Hockey''s two foot tackles are legendary.... as are Duncan Forbes'' elbows.....

Stats I mentioned earlier in the thread re Holt and discipline ( or lack of ) 

2010 / 2011 NPCC = 2nd currently

2009 / 2010 CCL1 = 2nd behind Morrison of Millwall ( 10 yellow cards 1 red )

2008 / 2009 CCL2 = 1st for Shrewsbury and he won by  a country mile ( 13 yellow cards )

2007 / 2008 = gave refs a break for a season by not playing much for Forest

2006 / 2007 LG1 = 9th Holt seems to lose his title of most disciplined player but in fairness he only made 37 appearences where as those above him between 50 and 57 appearences ( 10 yellow cards )

2005 / 2006 - cant find him so either he was a good boy for a season or more likely did not play much

2004 / 2005 = 4th ( 16 yellow cards ) 

The discipline record is based on fouls made. 

Almost deserves a thead of its own

[quote user="Mook"]I think I''m right in saying that Mr D Huckerby was, at one time in our prem season, not only the most fouled player but also the player who had committed most fouls?[/quote]I think you''re right there Mook. Hucks did commit a lot of fouls. Now it has to be Holt though - I believe he was the player with the most fouls in League One last season.

To be fair to Holt, he was indeed the player who committed the most fouls in L1 last season, but he was the most fouled player, too. Makes you wonder - I reckon half the time the refs don''t know if aerial challenges are backing in or pushing, and give it 50:50!