Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert uses Worthingtons classic cliche

News of the World Quote...

Norwich boss Paul Lambert added: "It was a tremendous performance by the lads, but no one is getting carried away at this early stage.

"Through a combination of already having very good players at the club and bringing some excellent new ones in, we have adapted to life well in the Championship.

"Ashton Gate is a tough place to come and get a result. Bristol City may be struggling at the moment but they are always strong on their own pitch and we had to play well.

"From goalkeeper John Ruddy right through the team, we had players who gave everything.

"It is that hard work ethic together with the ability in our squad that makes us win games."

The only spin on this, is that Lambert has used it in a victory formular [:D]

(Lambert interview whatever the result)

''''I thought we were brilliant, the lads were brilliant, I couldn''t ask anymore. Not just the front two, all the way through the team, brilliant''''

''''This is a tough place to come to, no doubt about it [INSERT OPPOSITION MANAGER] is a terrific manager and got the team playing well, but I thought the lads were brilliant today but listen let''s not get carried away, 4 months ago we were playing in the unibond league, but today the lads were brilliant, couldn''t ask anymore''''

Relatively speaking we are brilliant when Lambert says we were brilliant.  Worthy sometimes said we were brilliant when we hung on to a 1-1draw  by running it into the corners from the 80th minute.

[quote user="The Lord"](Lambert interview whatever the result) ''''I thought we were brilliant, the lads were brilliant, I couldn''t ask anymore. Not just the front two, all the way through the team, brilliant'''' ''''This is a tough place to come to, no doubt about it [INSERT OPPOSITION MANAGER] is a terrific manager and got the team playing well, but I thought the lads were brilliant today but listen let''s not get carried away, 4 months ago we were playing in the unibond league, but today the lads were brilliant, couldn''t ask anymore''''[/quote]

he''s always very keen to mention the fans also [:)]