Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

O'Neill rumoured to take over at Leicester

...according to Talksport this morning. This could cause their players to raise their game tonight, unfortunately.  

I don''t think that one will go anywhere.  He stayed out of the game long enough after leaving Celtic and think he will not rush into another job, will probably wait to see what happens to Hodgson at Liverpool.

The Leicester players will be feeling the pressure and will want to play well to support each other, support the manager, reward the fans, earn their bonuses and for many other reasons beside.

I think they are going to be a tough side to beat tonight.

With Leicester having good funding available and O''Neill''s emotional attachment after having achieved so much with them before, I definitely see this as a runner. As far as Hodgson is concerned, I think that most at Liverpool realise that he has a major rebuilding job on and will give him time. O''Neill may be looking for a stop-gap prior to taking the England job after the Euros in 2012.

I can''t see the FA ever going for O''Neill - too outspoken and there are still too many at Soho Square who remember who taught him his management style!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]They would be more likely to play crap, to get the manager sacked....[/quote]

I wouldn''t think so if he is at the game.

Never go back yet he returned to us twice.

I remember Martin with a great deal of affection and a great deal of respect as a football man.

I was pleased to have the opportunity of knowing him and I don''t feel any bitterness at all about leaving Norwich.

I had ten fantastic years at the club and some of my best moments in that time were with Martin. I just regret that the move didn''t really come off for either of us. But that''s life.

Onwards and upwards with Gary Megson.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Given our unerring ability to end bad runs I fear the worst![:#][/quote]

I can understand yours and many others concern but i honestly think we''ll be fine tonight. I think PL has instilled a believe in the players that we are serious playoff contenders and the odd bad result must be swept away with a great result the following game. I thought we played excellent against Hull and PL will be reminding them of how important it is that we pick ourselves up and move on. Paul will have the players motivated and Leicester will struggle IMO.

We have not lost two on the bounce since PL took over, so let''s hope that run continues.

I think we badly need 3 points from this and a few goals. 

PLEASE HAPPEN!

Also, linked with Santa Cruz this morning, I don''t believe it for a second but I think we''d soon start to improve with him and MON..

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Oh well...you''ll have to add your own picture Mello. I know you can handle that.[/quote]

Yankee.....I don''t give a damn.

and he will walk out of there again!. he has a track record of it [as i said in a previous thread], if i was a chairman, with his record, i would not touch him with a barge pole.IMHO he only wants one of two jobs, manchester united or northern ireland

I''d be suprised if O''Neill went back to Leicester while they''re a Championship side, really don''t think he''d want to step down divisions .

So what if he will walk out of the job? He has never been sacked as a manager and there aren''t many who have beenaround as long as he has that can say that. Even Fergie has been sacked (St Mirren) and Wenger has been "released" (Monaco).

Beau I can understand you worrying. We are the type of teams to end these records and there''s always a first time for us to loose back to back matches. However speaking to a coupel of colleagues today who support Leicester there are some problems there between the players and Sousa.

Davo

[quote user="lordyfan"]and he will walk out of there again!. he has a track record of it [as i said in a previous thread], if i was a chairman, with his record, i would not touch him with a barge pole.

IMHO he only wants one of two jobs, manchester united or northern ireland
[/quote]

Some managers are good enough to accept that, in fact follow these rules and would Lambert be here now? Good news ONeill at Leiceste will get big jobs before Lambert imo 

[quote user="Dangles"]PLEASE HAPPEN! Also, linked with Santa Cruz this morning, I don''t believe it for a second but I think we''d soon start to improve with him and MON..[/quote]

There is about as much chance of O''Neill going back to your dump as there is of that fat fooker in your away support seeing his own cock without a mirror. :-)

If there is an element of truth.... and the Leicester players get wind of it.... expect another home slip up tonight.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Oh well...you''ll have to add your own picture Mello. I know you can handle that.[/quote]

Yankee.....I don''t give a damn.

[/quote]

Of course, but you''re not speaking "frankly" in your response.