Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

who would have doc back in the starting line up ?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Not this season, it''s one of his off seasons (he has them every other season....) maybe next year :P[/quote]

Maybe next year? Nope, he aint prem league standard.

I was livid when the Doc was released and still think he''d of done a good job for us this season but hes history where Norwich City FC are concerned now and our current 1st choice CB''s are doing very well!!

I would certainly swap him for sicknote Whitbread!

I like the Doc but then I like Wardy and Barnett as well, they''ve come in and done well together.

Are either notably better players than the Doc? Probably not, but they have got a few more years on their side.

Imagine if the Doc had clocked up as many yellow cars as Ward has done, given the ball away as many times as he has or given away a freekick leading to a goal (like in the Hull game). He would have been heavily criticised.

What would people be saying about our defence after letting in 5 goals in our 2 most recent home games if our defence had Doherty and Nelson in it? Again I think they would have taken considerably more criticism than our current pairing have.

Anyway, I''m happy with Ward and Barnett - it''s a fresh start.

Not me.  I thought Doc was unfairly scapegoated by many who didn''t see that in our darkest seasons the midfield and the right full back basically abandoned him and left him fighting a lone battle against many away teams.  But Ward and Barnett look fantastic as a pairing now Ward is fit.In fact, Lambert''s proving he''s also extremely good in the transfer/loan market and can spot talent - another extremely good aspect of his managerial skills.

[quote user="pennywise "]

i always loved the doc and i was livid when he got the boot but just goes to show lambert knows much better than us  [:D]

[/quote]

What do you mean, he "knows much better than us"

Please don''t include me in your misguided worship of Docherty.  He just isn''t up to Championship standard, which is why he didn''t sign for a Championhip club in the summer - no one wanted him.