Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Next championship manager to be sacked

[quote user="I am a Banana"]lambert - he went defensive [:@][/quote]

I agree - last night he opened the game up to try and win rather than draw - still it worked again he is a god 

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I thik Strachans days are numbered as well[/quote] i would agree. He spent big in the pre season and has had no return. (on another pc where caps lock is off [y])

Hopefully he will still be around or just gone when they visit Carrow Road

- mind you the downside is that most of his players will be able to understand what Lambert is shouting out

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A GAME IN ITALY , THERE FAR TOO DEFENSIVE! - SORRY ABOUT CAPS AT WORK AND ITS LOCKED ON CAPS

[/quote]

Have you tried holding shift while you type?

Strachan to be next out of the door, Tony Mowbray replacing him.

Keith Milne may not last until Christmas at Bristol City if they don''t pick up soon-money there and ambition; they slotted him in when Coppell left, but if there isn''t big improvement, they''ll want a ''name''.

I don''t think Grayson is as secure at Leeds as most people think he is either. I''m not saying he''s on his way, or even close to it, but he isn''t in as rock solid a job as might be perceived, not with (i) his Chairman, (ii) their fans, and (iii) possible moves on their ownership front. WACCOE were crying for his blood this morning, not that it should mean much, but their patience wore thin last season and hasn''t recovered yet!

I think much of the equation is how much expectation is coming from the club and how much the manager has previously been given.

The drop to Div 1 soon focuses minds. Look at both Southampton and Charlton, What happened to S''otons late charge ?

It''s a league that is just as hard to get out of as this one. A view being that it''s also a lot harder to get out of that league than it is to stay out of it, so expect a few sackings by early December.

I expect Keane to stay as the paupers haven''t the wonga to bring in anyone else and his time is up come June. Something is wrong at Leeds if Barnsley can hit 5 past then and Preston six at Elland Road. that might see his demise rather than any league position

Bristol City might stick with what they have got given they are still trying to move out of Ashtoin Gate and without a move they are rather in limbo as they can''t go into the premiership in that rat hole.

Outsider would be Pearson at Hull as, aside from a win against us, they are looking as if they could slide even further.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A GAME IN ITALY , THERE FAR TOO DEFENSIVE! - SORRY ABOUT CAPS AT WORK AND ITS LOCKED ON CAPS

[/quote]

The caps lock is the least of anyone''s worries when it comes to your posts [;)]

[quote user="City1st"]Hopefully he will still be around or just gone when they visit Carrow Road - mind you the downside is that most of his players will be able to understand what Lambert is shouting out[/quote]

Still around please I hope - alternative laws of football state a team who just lost their manager will invariably win their next game.

I think Sousa will be sticking around and he''ll turn things around - Mandaric is a smart chairman, he''s bought in a good manager and allowed him to spend plenty of money to get the men he wants, and I think he''ll give him a good 6 months to get them playing well together. Strachan is surely on the brink, and the situation at Portsmouth is always so fluid that they could easily turf out Cotterill and replace him with the tea lady if they suddenly discover the piggy bank is empty again...

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I think Sousa will be sticking around and he''ll turn things around - Mandaric is a smart chairman, he''s bought in a good manager and allowed him to spend plenty of money to get the men he wants, and I think he''ll give him a good 6 months to get them playing well together. Strachan is surely on the brink, and the situation at Portsmouth is always so fluid that they could easily turf out Cotterill and replace him with the tea lady if they suddenly discover the piggy bank is empty again...[/quote]

A little off the mark ey buddy haha??

I''m interested to see how Sven gets on with the Foxes though.

Probably as well as he did at Notts County

With little else going for him he has to grasp at anything.

Will end in tears - and a fat payoff

"Grayson at Leeds could be a good outside bet.... "

Bit shorter than that, probably the most likely

[quote user="City1st"]Probably as well as he did at Notts County With little else going for him he has to grasp at anything. Will end in tears - and a fat payoff[/quote]

I actually rate him as a manager. Think he gets a lot of stick for his off the field antics. Was unfairly sacked at Man City and stuck it out longer than most thought he would at County, didn''t jump ship as soon as it became clear they didn''t have the funding he thought they did. His record in Italy speaks for itself.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="City1st"]Probably as well as he did at Notts County With little else going for him he has to grasp at anything. Will end in tears - and a fat payoff[/quote]

I actually rate him as a manager. Think he gets a lot of stick for his off the field antics. Was unfairly sacked at Man City and stuck it out longer than most thought he would at County, didn''t jump ship as soon as it became clear they didn''t have the funding he thought they did. His record in Italy speaks for itself.

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s a concidence that much of his success has been in Italy, where the style of play tends to be more conservative and less frenetic than in England. I think he''s a decent coach, but he will always play the percentages, as we saw all too well during his spell in charge of England. Certainly, Leicester fans used to Sousa''s style are likely to be in for a rude awakening, but I''m sure that, given time, he''ll steady the ship. The issue is whether he can then build on that.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]Strachan has to be next in line, Boro are underachieving at an alarming rate.[/quote]As long as they don''t get rid before we play them...