Sign in to follow this  
LocalDerbys

Grant Holt

As a Town Fan, at the start of the season I predicted you would have a good year (which seems to be correct), but I also didn''t think Holt would be anywhere near as prolific at Champo level. He''s got 1 in the league this year hasn''t he? Do you think this will continue or do you think he is simply not fully fit?It''s also nice to feel that we can both agree Leeds are the dirtiest scum.Look forward to seeing you in November

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]As a Town Fan, at the start of the season I predicted you would have a good year (which seems to be correct), but I also didn''t think Holt would be anywhere near as prolific at Champo level. He''s got 1 in the league this year hasn''t he? Do you think this will continue or do you think he is simply not fully fit?It''s also nice to feel that we can both agree Leeds are the dirtiest scum.Look forward to seeing you in November[/quote]

There are very few who bang them in for fun in this leauge.

He will get his share this year, and he isnt fully fit yet to be fair.

Also he brings a hell of a lot to the table besides scoring.

FOYSC...

Only joking; good to hear a Town fan come on here with a sensible question. For me, Holt is too good for League 1 and holds his own up here.

He will clearly not be as prolific, but he does more for the team than just score goals. He is a constant menace and runs further than any player on the pitch - sometimes to his detriment!

He has 2 in 9 so far in the league - but both were vital winners away from home. When we last went up to the Prem everyone chipped in and we didnt have a prolific scorer so its not necessarily a bad thing.

For me, I am looking forward to November - we have Leeds then you lot in successive home games...what a treat! I have to say, Leeds are a horrible club with disgusting fans and whilst I love our rivalry with you, it generally goes with good banter. Leeds are just chav scum!

Anyway, thanks for your question. How is Jason Scotland looking for you?

He has 2 in 9 so far in the league - but both were vital winners away from home.

When we last went up to the Prem everyone chipped in and we didnt have a prolific scorer so its not necessarily a bad thing.

The reason we went down was because we did''t invest in a goal scorer at the start. Holt needs to score more if we are to be succesful this season.

He''s our top scorer in all competitions with 4 goals, and also has four assists. Comparatively, 4 goals and 4 assists is better than anyone down your way.

Like others have said Holt is about much more than just scoring goals!

He can hold the ball up, works his socks off and constantly gives defenders something to think about with his physical presence. No other striker we have can do the same job as well!

I''ve laughed when the moaning brigade have suggested he should be dropped cause hes not good enough for the Championship. We are much less effective when hes not playing!

He deserves a full season on decent money for what he did for NCFC last season......Personally I reckon he''s doing ok.

he needs to get his fitness levels up, ready for QPR we are gonna need him to knock there defenders over the field.

maybe these 2 weeks off will be a kick start to the big man''s season,

So in general, you''re all still happy with your big man. I''ll be back if he continues dry for a while, see if you''ve changed your mind.On the topic of Jason Scotland, the problem is he still doesn''t have 100% match fitness and sharpness. I''d doubt he will be playing the full 90 minutes for a little while but he is truly what we need as he will bag goals no matter what. His work rate is decent and he holds the ball up with his strength superbly. We''re pretty pleased with his 3 goals so far and I''d bet alot of money barring injury he will be our top goal scorer. QPR will be interesting. If you bring back a point I think you''d be taken alot more seriously by our fans as real playoff/Top 2 contenders. In all honesty after the first 20 minutes they dominated us all game long. They''re a very good team but will inevitably hit a wall at some point. I''d like to see ''spainboy'' or whatever he was called has to say. Maybe the only time we will join forces as East Anglians!!Can''t wait to get my tickets for November! :D

I seem to remember how  everyone apart  from Norwich fans was saying that leeds  were going to  walk the league last year  they went off like QPR are  doing  now  remember what happened ? Lightning striking in same  place comes  to mind  I am  quite  happy  the  way  things are  going  Carrow Road  needs to  be more  like  FCR though OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Personally I reckon he''s doing ok.[/quote]Who told you that? [:^)][/quote]Ok.... back to slagging everyone off then ......

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Personally I reckon he''s doing ok.[/quote]Who told you that? [:^)][/quote]Ok.... back to slagging everyone off then ......[/quote]I shink so annawl........

You were starting to sound like one of them DELIA SMITH''S GREEN AND YELLOW BRA WEARING NANCY BOY LONDON TYPE KNOWALL ARMY sorts. Get a grip man!

[;)]