Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

It still sends shivers down my spine!

What you don''t realise is Delia has actually got Roeder in a Vulcan death grip...saying ''Play Russell up front again and you will be picking up your P45 Monday morning!''

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Thats on a similar level to Wallis Simpson and Edward photographed with Hitler in the 1930''s!

Those old enough or who know their history would understand!

[/quote]I know my history and think it''s very crass to compare the two. You should be ashamed of yourself [A][8o|]

Glenn Roeder is way worse than Hitler [;)]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I never knew delia was dutch?[/quote]

Delia''s got the same language teacher as Steve Mclaren....

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Yeah at least Hitler knew he was beaten at the end unlike Roedernowhere who probably still thinks to this day that he was unfairly sacked![/quote]Well he probably looks at Gunn''s tenure and wonders how managing a team outside of the relegation zone with half the season to go gets him sacked, but how another can take charge of a side quite capable of finishing safely, then signs as many players as he did at any given moment, and gets them comprehensively relegated on the back of 1 win in 7, is only to then be awarded with a new contract.But then i guess that''s because of the rose-tinted spectacles, worn by some, of a bygone era, and the fact Glenn was just one of the most distasteful man ever to acquire an ounce of power.

He was unfairly sacked. he said it would take 3 years, he got 15 months. His replacement took us into the relegation places and down.

But so long as you are happy with that....koooo-elle

Roeder was just telling her that she smelled of fish.......

John  and IBA sorry but your both talking tripe and its worrying that you see have such opinions on the matter!

Whether we sacked Roedernowhere or not we were heading for bottom 3 with him in charge. Yes we wern''t in the relegation positions under Roeder but we were only a point or 3 out of them and the way things were going we were going to be in the bottom 3 sooner rather than later. Anyone who thinks we''d of stayed up had we kept Roeder are looking through rose tinted glasses, yes its possible but more likely not!

I was one of the 13,000+ present for the miserable FA cup 3rd round replay defeat against a rock bottom Charlton team who''d completely forgotton how to win. It was obvious to those present that the team had subconsciously lost all faith in the manager and had lost their edge and desire to win football games as a result. Most other results around the same time backed this theory up apart from the Derby game where the players somehow got motivated to win the game. It certainly was time up for Roedernowhere and the next day the board done the right thing. While the Derby win a month earlier was nice on the day, it did serve to give Roeder a month longer in charge.

I predict had we kept Roeder we''d of finished with less points than we did under Gunn and we''d of seen mass crowd protests and scenes we saw during the last days of Chases tenure in 1996. The players would of hated playing under such a poisonous atmosphere and would of played c rap as a result. We''d of barely won another game that season under Roeder!

I don''t count Bryan Gunn as a manager (nor Roeder for that matter!). I just think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a board that had lost the plot and were trying to avoid spending money. He just done what he was told and was never going to turn down the job. I think that whoever we appointed at that time would have been unable to save from the drop. It seems now that the disasterous loan player policy was more a board decision rather than Roeders done to save money but in reality it was more expensive?  

Peter Grant was c rap but I respected him cause he saw it in the end and rightfully fell on his sword. Messrs Doncaster and Mumby deserve blame for appointing such an incompetant manager in Roeder and they admitted it in the end at meetings and they too fell on their respective swords which I also respected. Roeder I don''t respect cause he couldn''t see what bile he was producing, probably doesn''t now and at the time thought that the club couldn''t afford to sack him. I wouldn''t recommend that idiot to an under 8''s team!

Roeder made himself out to be such a strong person but if he was that strong he''d of said no to the disasterous loan policy. All he was when he came to us was an ageing, washed up, failed manager of past who couldn''t believe his luck that another club, a big club as well for that matter, would be interested in employing him!

Neither Munby or Doncaster "fell on their respective swords" as they were both sacked by Wyn Jones. Strangely in the end it was Delia who was the "hard" woman. It was a long and expensive learning curve for her but in the end she came good and I am thankful for that.

[quote user="Bobert"]Neither Munby or Doncaster "fell on their respective swords" as they were both sacked by Wyn Jones. Strangely in the end it was Delia who was the "hard" woman. It was a long and expensive learning curve for her but in the end she came good and I am thankful for that.[/quote]Oh for fecks sake........

[quote user="Bobert"]Neither Munby or Doncaster "fell on their respective swords" as they were both sacked by Wyn Jones. Strangely in the end it was Delia who was the "hard" woman. It was a long and expensive learning curve for her but in the end she came good and I am thankful for that.[/quote]

I think you''ll find they both quit!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I never knew delia was dutch?[/quote]

Delia''s got the same language teacher as Steve Mclaren....

[/quote]

What, WillHire Van Rentals?