Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

my Bristol City vs Norwich player ratings

Thanks CanaryJames, that was a great read, especially for all the positive things you pointed out. I like your comparison of Ruddy with his opposite number, and it seems Crofts and all the new signings are doing so well. Some tough challenges ahead, but we seem to have a squad and management who are equiped to deal with them. (I''m not saying we will win all of our forthcoming games, but that we have the quality to compete with those near / at the top of the table.) 

Agree with most of what was said  apart from I wouldn''t give Wes more than an 8.  I think he lost the ball too often in the tackle when a simple pass would have kept possession.Also, I think Smith was pretty good on the left side of defence considering he had not one but two quick and tricky players running at him.  To be fair to Bristol, they tried to use the full width of the pitch and kept on pinging it out to their right.The two central defenders were immense through out the whole game.  We struggled in the first 20 mins to get any possession and rhythm going in midfield - too mnay passes going astray and not enough strength on the ball.  The goal settled us down and after that there was only going to be one winner.  However, if Bristol scored first it really could have been completely different.