Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Are these match stats wrong then???

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

Holt is not going to get us 20 goals plus in the Championship

and a couple of choice players on loan is a must.

[/quote]

Agree with these two points

[/quote]

Folk now want loan players[:O]

When we had them they wanted permanent players...

It seems if we don''t have it folk want it[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point Nutty, but I am not talking about the OJ''s, Archibolds and dodgy bald French blokes.....

I think other teams have strengthened with a couple of very good Premiership players who just add something to their own squad, with the 20 man rule now in effect I think its something we should consider...

[/quote]

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point Nutty, but I am not talking about the OJ''s, Archibolds and dodgy bald French blokes.....

I think other teams have strengthened with a couple of very good Premiership players who just add something to their own squad, with the 20 man rule now in effect I think its something we should consider...

[/quote]

And we have exactly that with the centreback Barnett from West Brom. But he was brought in for a specific reason which the rest of the squad will accept. The fans who think Askou is good enough will be the only ones upset by this move. Bless ''em [;)]

However to bring in on loan a replacement for the most inspirational player at the club, and team captain, would most certainly have a huge affect on morale.

I don''t get the impression that PL is one to jump onboard the bandwagon as quickly as the jerky kneed many on this board.  Plus don''t think we have a surfeit of money to provide for anything but the most urgent of loanees which this ain''t (yet).

He spent big (comparitively) in bringing Jacko in and do not see him doing anything but give him and Oli more of a chance.  There is nothing to say with the style of football we are playing at home that we have to have a target man.  Besides what use is a target man who spends half his time running the channels.

Dropping the captain is a big step though and don''t think it will be happening anytime soon.

[quote user="Smudger"]Paul Lambert says that we "had all the dominance in the world"

Take a look at the match stats... http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=214568 Hull had 57% posession to our 43% and 8 shots on target to our 4. I don''t know what game some people watch honestly I don''t. Hull deserved at least a draw and probably did enough to secure all 3 points. Worst of all people should''ve been able to see the worst possibly coming after the hour mark and 99% of the people at Carrow Road (including our management team didn''t).

Are these match stats wrong?  Because they seem to paint a similar picture to what I had of yesterdays game.

Continuing to play Holt who is unfit and Lappin (who is not up to the job week in week out at this level), plus Hoolahan (who has been largely ineffective so far this season) when we have several players chomping on the bit for their chance on the bench may mean that we are in danger of blowing our good start.

If we don''t have all of the necessary players to compete in our midfield then maybe we need to bring a loanee in until Surman returns to fitness?

It''s just my opinion (backed up by some match stats and my eye witness account of the game) - no need to threaten a fellow NCFC fan with violence and call him all the unpleasantries under the sun over it! [:|]

Leicester on Tuesday night and for anybody who thinks bottom of the league, easy 3 points - it won''t be.
[/quote]

I am geniunely surprised by those statistics. They are definitely correct as they match the ones of the BBC but I did think we were the better side overall. This is something which both Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson alluded to post match. I think possession is an important statistic but I think more telling is always the areas of the pitch in which you have the possession. You can keep the ball by knocking it around the back four all day but you arent ever going to score by doing it. Obviously if you are enjoying more time on the ball in advanced positions you are much more likely to create something but you will also give the ball away more.

I think the most important factor about the game was that we simply didn''t take our chance when it presented itself. In this league most teams are very similiar in ability so games are decided by fine margins. If Martin had stuck his chance away we would probably have won the game 1-0 or 2-0 and optimism would be sky high.

Agree Jacko, but i`d argue that Lappin when he chose to square and Barnetts header were almost as good chances- if either of those had gone in we`d have won.  If Hull hadn`t got an incredibly lucky (and possibly offside) first goal i think we`d have won.  Selective stats are being used to back up a ridiculous argument- we were the better side, as 95% of people and both managers agree with.  As i`ve already posted, on any other day a couple of our 20 plus dangerous balls into the box would have been converted into goals.  I don`t think Hull had more than 5-6 such dangerous crosses.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Butler"]What is the expression about lies and statistics?[/quote]

Does the wonderful new NCISA chairman wish to make a comment whether it is ok for people to throw insults and threats of physical violence about at other supporters in the ground for merely for them expressing a different opinion about what they see happening on the pitch?

Apparently this was the only event like this that happened yesterday, merely the one which flared up the most and has had the most coverage.
[/quote]

Trouble is Smudger you were not wearing a yellow morphsuit ...........you have to show your adoring love of the Canaries before the Snakepit will accept you.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Butler"]What is the expression about lies and statistics?[/quote]Does the wonderful new NCISA chairman wish to make a comment whether it is ok for people to throw insults and threats of physical violence about at other supporters in the ground for merely for them expressing a different opinion about what they see happening on the pitch?Apparently this was the only event like this that happened yesterday, merely the one which flared up the most and has had the most coverage.[/quote]

Trouble is Smudger you were not wearing a yellow morphsuit ...........you have to show your adoring love of the Canaries before the Snakepit will accept you.

[/quote]Alternatively, don''t slag off the home team''s players and generally act like a loud mouthed knobhead.Mind you, it is the Snake Pit.Let''s settle for "don''t slag off the home team''s players".

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And we have exactly that with the centreback Barnett from West Brom. But he was brought in for a specific reason which the rest of the squad will accept. The fans who think Askou is good enough will be the only ones upset by this move. Bless ''em [;)]

However to bring in on loan a replacement for the most inspirational player at the club, and team captain, would most certainly have a huge affect on morale.

[/quote]

What happens if Holt gets injured then or maybe goes through a bad patch ?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]We recall Cody McDonald from Gillingham, he scores 30 goals and we go up in 2nd place.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Holt gets injured Lambert could probably try and get a 20 goal a season striker in on loan if anyone happened to have one to spare.

But as it stands he''d be trying to get a 20 goal a season striker in on loan to sit on the sidelines just in case Holt gets injured or maybe goes through a bad patch. If he could find such a player it''s very unlikely McNally would sanction the money to fund the deal.

Someone like Leon Best, Ricki Lambert, bednar or Sidibe? They are all going to cost a fortune.

I say once Holt is fully up to speed, he''ll do well, but as a profesional player, it has taken him too long toget fit and he still looks over weight.

[quote user="Tedious Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"]Alternatively, don''t act like a loud mouthed knobhead.

[/quote]

.....like you were doing on the thread started by Shefcanary.

[/quote][:''(] Mummy?  Ambulance or Snake Pit? [:''(]

[quote user="Tiresome Flawed Accounting anyone"]T: I''ve always said that Tangie has a valid question [/quote]So why don''t you hurry up, ask it and leave?

[quote user="Smudger"]Paul Lambert says that we "had all the dominance in the world"Take a look at the match stats... http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=214568

Hull had 57% posession to our 43% and 8 shots on target to our 4. I

don''t know what game some people watch honestly I don''t. Hull deserved

at least a draw and probably did enough to secure all 3 points. Worst

of all people should''ve been able to see the

worst possibly coming after the hour mark and 99% of the people at

Carrow Road (including our management team didn''t).Are these match stats wrong?  Because they seem to paint a similar picture to what I had of yesterdays game.Continuing to play Holt who is unfit and Lappin (who is not up to the job week in week out at this level), plus Hoolahan (who has been largely ineffective so far this season) when we have several players chomping on the bit for their chance on the bench may mean that we are in danger of blowing our good start.If we don''t have all of the necessary players to compete in our midfield then maybe we need to bring a loanee in until Surman returns to fitness?It''s just my opinion (backed up by some match stats and my eye witness account of the game) - no need to threaten a fellow NCFC fan with violence and call him all the unpleasantries under the sun over it! [:|]Leicester on Tuesday night and for anybody who thinks bottom of the league, easy 3 points - it won''t be. [/quote]

hahahaha, classic..Smudger''s opinion was backed up by his own brain...