Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Could lambert be our best ever manger?

He''s won 66% of games he''s managed, considerably more than any other manager in our history, got us promotion at the very 1st attempt and its looking like a possibility he could make it back to back promotions, he''s never lost 2 games in a row, he''s got us playing some pretty attractive football.

Tough call, but in my eyes, M Walker and D Stringer are the best i have the pleasure of seeing manage.But if this season goes as its going come may then yes (in my eyes ) he will be best.

we were a classabove last season. If you work out a percé rage from his games in the champ and thn compare with other managers it will be fair!!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]we have also scored in every away game under him.
[/quote]That really is an amazing achievement. How many games under previous managers did we go away from home and not even threaten a shot.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we were a classabove last season. If you work out a percé rage from his games in the champ and thn compare with other managers it will be fair!![/quote]If you work out a what!!!?  [*-)]

[quote user="smiley"]He''s won 66% of games he''s managed, considerably more than any other manager in our history, got us promotion at the very 1st attempt and its looking like a possibility he could make it back to back promotions, he''s never lost 2 games in a row, he''s got us playing some pretty attractive football.[/quote]No..... unless your experience only spans the glorious Delia years........

long way to go to beat Ken Brown ( and Mel Machin as his assistant)You have just got to be old enough to remember

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="I am a Banana"]we were a classabove last season. If you work out a percé rage from his games in the champ and thn compare with other managers it will be fair!![/quote]

If you work out a what!!!?  [*-)]

[/quote]

percé rage

I thought everyone knew what that is. [:^)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="I am a Banana"]we were a classabove last season. If you work out a percé rage from his games in the champ and thn compare with other managers it will be fair!![/quote]

If you work out a what!!!?  [*-)]

[/quote]

percé rage

I thought everyone knew what that is. [:^)]

[/quote]

Common lot!!

It''s when you hit someone with your todger[;)]

Maybe ''Banana'' is one of those new bananas from Ecuador or Central America highly favoured by both the WTO and George W. ?

That would explain a lot.

OTBC

[quote user="KenBrown"]long way to go to beat Ken Brown ( and Mel Machin as his assistant)You have just got to be old enough to remember[/quote]

Name Nat From To P W D L %W

ken brown stats 1 November 1980 9 November 1987 367 150 93 124 40.9

Paul Lambert 18 August 2009 Present 47 31 9 7 66.0

Lamberts win percentage is 16% more, i cant belive we''ve only lost 7 times with lambert!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we were a classabove last season. If you work out a percé rage from his games in the champ and thn compare with other managers it will be fair!![/quote]

Had you been indulging in magic mushrooms or opiates when you wrote this, Banana?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]we have also scored in every away game under him.
[/quote]

If we don''t score against QPR - I''m blaming YOU!

Lambert has done great stuff so far but it has been achieved at the lowest league standard we have faced in half a century. I think the guy is a God to achieved so much with what he inherited but until he has shown he can achieve at the highest level he cannot be seen as better than those who guided us into Europe, to victory in the Milk Cup final or to a top three finish in the Prem.

[quote user="smiley"]He''s won 66% of games he''s managed, considerably more than any other manager in our history, got us promotion at the very 1st attempt and its looking like a possibility he could make it back to back promotions, he''s never lost 2 games in a row, he''s got us playing some pretty attractive football.[/quote]

Blimey, you''re getting a bit ahead of yourself mate. Far too early to be asking a question like this.

[quote user="smiley"]He''s won 66% of games he''s managed, considerably more than any other manager in our history, got us promotion at the very 1st attempt and its looking like a possibility he could make it back to back promotions, he''s never lost 2 games in a row, he''s got us playing some pretty attractive football.[/quote]IMO he''s in a very good position to challenge  Stringer Walker & Brown for the best manager debate. Time will tell.

It''s far too early to say and, as others have pointed out, the majority of his matches have been at a much lower level that the likes of Brown, Stringer and Walker. There''s no doubting that he has the potential to become an all time great though and I can''t remember the last time I was this impressed by our management team. I just hope that when we have a bad patch, and it will happen eventually, people remember just how well he''s done so far and don''t start demanding that he gets the sack.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]It''s far too early to say and, as others have pointed out, the majority of his matches have been at a much lower level that the likes of Brown, Stringer and Walker. There''s no doubting that he has the potential to become an all time great though and I can''t remember the last time I was this impressed by our management team. I just hope that when we have a bad patch, and it will happen eventually, people remember just how well he''s done so far and don''t start demanding that he gets the sack.[/quote]My pencil is being sharpened in readiness........

To early to tell, but his impressive start makes him a sure candidate...If he takes Norwich up this year he would be godlike and nr.1.

It''s far too early to say but it takes a few years until he can become the "Greates we''ve ever had".

There''s more to it than just the percentage of games won. There''s certainly a strong call for Ken Brown. A League Cup win, our highest ever finish up at the time, he also brought in some great players (and I do mean great) like Gunny, Crook, Bruce and Phelan. Ok he was relegaed with us twice but he did on both occasions get us immediate promotion. Add to that it can be argued that his signings laid the foundations of what was to become our glory days of the early nineties.

Similar arguments could be made for various managers including Walker and Stringer.

Davo

[quote user="smiley"][quote user="KenBrown"]long way to go to beat Ken Brown ( and Mel Machin as his assistant)You have just got to be old enough to remember[/quote]

Name Nat From To P W D L %W

ken brown stats 1 November 1980 9 November 1987 367 150 93 124 40.9

Paul Lambert 18 August 2009 Present 47 31 9 7 66.0

Lamberts win percentage is 16% more, i cant belive we''ve only lost 7 times with lambert![/quote]The opposition may have been a little differentDont remember ken managing Norwich in the third divisionI know that tools to hand ( players) comes into it but please lets see what he really can do

I can''t believe no one has mentioned Ron Saunders, the man responsible for getting us into the big boys league in the first place. For those old enough to remember, we really were "little Norwich" until he took over, and took us into the top division for the first time ever. You could argue that none of the subsequent successes would have happened without the initial lift-off in 1971-72, which finally put us onto the national radar.Saunders was successful at the highest level as well, winning the league with Aston Villa in 1981, just pipping Ipswich at the post, for which we should all be eternally grateful!