Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

blackpool

I was pleased to see young Ed get in and finally see (hopefully ) the end of a rightwing labour party. My parents and I all voted for him so we are happy although I can understand your concerns. Here is hoping to a better future, it can''t after all get much worse

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This is just brilliant.  I''ve despised Liverpool for 30 years of watching football for one reason or another and to see them in this position is fantastic. For the first time in my lifetime I can ,with certainty, finally be able to say that Liverpool are genuinely a sh!te team!!!

brilliant.

[/quote]

I remember Liverpool being in the second division of the Football League and its the fans you have to feel sorry for. Its sad really as there is not a lot going for Merseyside except their humour and the football clubs. The days of cotton and slaves that brought prosperity are long gone. They should never have knocked down the terraced houses and built the vast Council House Estates.[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.[/quote]Says the Norwich City fan!They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.[/quote]Shysters going to give you a grilling until you turn blue Chops.

... But in other news:

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/5/8/13/pun-raccoon-17775-1273338455-5.jpg

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This is just brilliant.  I''ve despised Liverpool for 30 years of watching football for one reason or another and to see them in this position is fantastic. For the first time in my lifetime I can ,with certainty, finally be able to say that Liverpool are genuinely a sh!te team!!!

brilliant.

[/quote] I remember Liverpool being in the second division of the Football League and its the fans you have to feel sorry for. Its sad really as there is not a lot going for Merseyside except their humour and the football clubs. The days of cotton and slaves that brought prosperity are long gone. They should never have knocked down the terraced houses and built the vast Council House Estates.[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.
[/quote]

Says the Norwich City fan!

They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.

[/quote]

no sympathy here .. as far as i''m concerned  the luftwaffe  should have tried harder  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote] I remember Liverpool being in the second division of the Football League and its the fans you have to feel sorry for. Its sad really as there is not a lot going for Merseyside except their humour and the football clubs. The days of cotton and slaves that brought prosperity are long gone. They should never have knocked down the terraced houses and built the vast Council House Estates.[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.
[/quote]

They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.

[/quote]

no sympathy here .. as far as i''m concerned  the luftwaffe  should have tried harder  [:D]

[/quote]

I realise thats supposed to be funny, but to be honest its quite sick

[quote user="essex canary"]I was pleased to see young Ed get in and finally see (hopefully ) the end of a rightwing labour party. My parents and I all voted for him so we are happy although I can understand your concerns. Here is hoping to a better future, it can''t after all get much worse[/quote]Tell me about it. The close proximity David enjoyed amongst the key figures in New Labour clearly showed how he had been nurtured for the role. The staggeringly disproportionate backing he received in the build-up to the Labour leadership candidacy only served to emphasise his role as part of a cog in the New Labour machine, and the reaction of both Harman and David was of great personal enjoyment to me, and one i''ll certainly be savouring.I think voters both left, for all the improvements we believe we''ve seen during their tenure, perhaps most notably in an economic sense, and right, for all the abysmal faults they believe they''ve seen, perhaps also most notably in an economic sense, can find some common ground in the fact that Labour over the past 13 years has been one that is both deceptive and dishonest to it''s routes. A bit of a dirty affair in a lot of respects. And alongside the mistaken perception that the Lib Dems stand as the most outwardly left major party (prior to now one would assume), the integrity of left wing politics has been on a major decline ever since. This is while the majority of the nation still seemingly persevere, and align themselves on that side of the barrier of politics.The mission Ed is on is to be the one to cast the net over middle England, whilst acquiring his stance as the beacon for centre-left politics in drawing the crowds in, with the kind of dignity that has distinctly been lacking in the newest generations of the 3 major parties. In my mind, if he were to be successful in doing so, it would hail a new era in British politics, and at that a positive one, rather than the continuation as another branch of ''Blairite'' politics. Though i''m not counting on it.And as a student, i''m a little desperate to keep the Tories away from so much as an ounce of power. Not that it''ll matter in ''5'' bloody years time.

Mind you, to quote an old senile woman the beeb decided to interview in the aftermath of the elected leader of the opposition, "if he can baaackstab his own brutherrr, there ain''t no tellin what he could do". Scary stuff. Scary stuff indeed.

[quote user="John"][quote user="essex canary"]I was pleased to see young Ed get in and finally see (hopefully ) the end of a rightwing labour party. My parents and I all voted for him so we are happy although I can understand your concerns. Here is hoping to a better future, it can''t after all get much worse[/quote]

Tell me about it. The close proximity David enjoyed amongst the key figures in New Labour clearly showed how he had been nurtured for the role. The staggeringly disproportionate backing he received in the build-up to the Labour leadership candidacy only served to emphasise his role as part of a cog in the New Labour machine, and the reaction of both Harman and David was of great personal enjoyment to me, and one i''ll certainly be savouring.

I think voters both left, for all the improvements we believe we''ve seen during their tenure, perhaps most notably in an economic sense, and right, for all the abysmal faults they believe they''ve seen, perhaps also most notably in an economic sense, can find some common ground in the fact that Labour over the past 13 years has been one that is both deceptive and dishonest to it''s routes. A bit of a dirty affair in a lot of respects. And alongside the mistaken perception that the Lib Dems stand as the most outwardly left major party (prior to now one would assume), the integrity of left wing politics has been on a major decline ever since. This is while the majority of the nation still seemingly persevere, and align themselves on that side of the barrier of politics.

The mission Ed is on is to be the one to cast the net over middle England, whilst acquiring his stance as the beacon for centre-left politics in drawing the crowds in, with the kind of dignity that has distinctly been lacking in the newest generations of the 3 major parties. In my mind, if he were to be successful in doing so, it would hail a new era in British politics, and at that a positive one, rather than the continuation as another branch of ''Blairite'' politics. Though i''m not counting on it.

And as a student, i''m a little desperate to keep the Tories away from so much as an ounce of power. Not that it''ll matter in ''5'' bloody years time.

Mind you, to quote an old senile woman the beeb decided to interview in the aftermath of the elected leader of the opposition, "if he can baaackstab his own brutherrr, there ain''t no tellin what he could do". Scary stuff. Scary stuff indeed.
[/quote]

Was about to get on my soap box until I read that again! Good intelligent post. Like I said, Here''s hoping........

[quote user="John"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

I remember Liverpool being in the second division of the Football League and its the fans you have to feel sorry for. Its sad really as there is not a lot going for Merseyside except their humour and the football clubs. The days of cotton and slaves that brought prosperity are long gone. They should never have knocked down the terraced houses and built the vast Council House Estates.[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.[/quote]Says the Norwich City fan!They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.[/quote]Shysters going to give you a grilling until you turn blue Chops.

... But in other news:

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/5/8/13/pun-raccoon-17775-1273338455-5.jpg[/quote]

What''s the use of my trying to have a sensible debate with somebody who thinks it''s wrong to close loss-making industries? [:P]

[quote user="essex canary"]also, just a thought. As a student, will your political views change if you land a £100,000 pa  job?[/quote]No, and i mean it candidly. I''ve been brought up from birth by people with the kind of thoughtful and humane values that i couldn''t see myself straying away from in essence. I might not find everything they say agreeable (for example my mother and her boyfriend could be considered passive revolutionaries somewhat, which i by no means see myself as), but there are core values that provide a framework of sorts to my outlook on life, that would make my stomach turn if i saw myself happening to ignore.And my determination to carry my views through with integrity, would for me, be held in the highest of regards in anything i decide to do in the future.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="John"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

... But in other news:

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/5/8/13/pun-raccoon-17775-1273338455-5.jpg[/quote]

What''s the use of my trying to have a sensible debate with somebody who thinks it''s wrong to close loss-making industries? [:P][/quote]Sorry Shyster, i apologise. Just put it down as another one of my childish episodes. [:P]

[;)]

[quote user="essex canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was one of the kids stuffed under an upturned sofa every night as the bombs rained down on Liverpool. Eventually a land mine dropped on the house over the road and killed seven people.There was one room left in our house.

brilliant.

[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.[/quote]Says the Norwich City fan!They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.[/quote]Fecking good job too......It''s about time these ''Northern'' towns stopped playing the victim and got off their tattooed arses and joined the real world. Labour pumped billions into these places to keep their vote. Take a look at places in industrial decline like Lowestoft and Yarmouth who hardly saw a penny of Labour''s cynical waste.Let the bastards have a taste of standing on their own two feet for once instead of belly aching about how hard done by they are.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fecking good job too......

It''s about time these ''Northern'' towns stopped playing the victim and got off their tattooed arses and joined the real world. Labour pumped billions into these places to keep their vote. Take a look at places in industrial decline like Lowestoft and Yarmouth who hardly saw a penny of Labour''s cynical waste.

Let the bastards have a taste of standing on their own two feet for once instead of belly aching about how hard done by they are.

[/quote]

Bloody hell: agree with Shyster and Cluck and on the same thread...

brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow!

Manufacturing decline across the UK is appalling but to typically lay it all down to Thatcher is a crude political swipe. Sure, some of her policies did''nt help but in the case of Liverpool the docks and manufacuring industry started to tail off as far back as the 1950''s and accelerated in the 1970''s. Also how about the antics of the dock workers themselves who would walk out at the drop of a hat and the activities of Militant and the Labour Council in the early 80''s? Even the boy Kinnock stood up against Hatton and crew.

Scousers in general are renowned for having a massive chip on their shoulder, everything is always....''their fault''. That can mean anyone in government at Wetsminster or in any kind of authority but, of course, ''Thatcher''. As another poster has hinted at when did you ever hear a Scouser actually suggest for once that ''some'' of the problems Liverpool has had just might have had causes a bit nearer home than ''Thatcher''.  Anyway, has the Liverpool manufacturing base been reinvigorated since 1997? Hardly.

It''s not just Liverpool or the North. Look at Norwich - brewing industry (gone), shoemaking (gone), confectionery (Rowntree - gone), Boulton & Paul (gone), LSE (hanging on but a shadow of their former selves). Still - all Thatchers fault hey, remind me - when was she kicked out now?? Yeah, some 20 years ago!!  If it was Thatchers'' fault, Great Britain PLC would have rebuilt a chunk of it''s manufacturing base. It hasn''t.       

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

The table would look even better if Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd were down there in the bottom four with them.

I wonder how many Norfolk born - "I''ve supported Liverpool all my life" - armchair fans are considering switching their allegiances to another big club now?

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

Their output is remarkably similar [:O][:D][;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be grateful that there are two great minds resident on this message board......

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be grateful that there are two great minds resident on this message board......[/quote]Great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ ?The only difference is opinion, or in this case I suspect, insight...

brilliant.

[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.[/quote]Says the Norwich City fan!They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.[/quote]That Mr Chops, must rate by a mile as your worst and ill-founded post ever (I base that simply on your usually thoughtful and often amusing comments). Without wishing to appear as an apologist for Thatcher, Liverpool''s decline began long before Thatcher - and arguably before WW2. And whilst it did indeed get bombed, so did many other UK cities and large areas of terraced housing got flattened to make way for new housing and new inner-city roads post war. And just to be contentious, Liverpool are my favourite Prem side even if Liverpool will never be my favourite city. (but well done Blackpool!).

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be grateful that there are two great minds resident on this message board......
[/quote]

Two?

You should never have started swearing. Shyster''s the sweary one and you''re the pompous one [:O]

And just so we''re clear.......I love you both equally [:D][:P]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be grateful that there are two great minds resident on this message board......[/quote]

Two?

You should never have started swearing. Shyster''s the sweary one and you''re the pompous one [:O]

[/quote]Up for a gaylord threesome by the sounds of it then Shacky?Bags I''m on top..........

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="essex canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I was one of the kids stuffed under an upturned sofa every night as the bombs rained down on Liverpool. Eventually a land mine dropped on the house over the road and killed seven people.There was one room left in our house.[/quote]

why was the sofa upturned ? had someone dropped  some loose change down the back ? [:D]

Im not that into politics as I find that people like us get shafted by any government, but can someone explain to me how that after years of a Labour government, the tories are getting the blame for the mess our country is in ? Isn''t that a bit like blaming Lambert for all the loan players Roeder brought in ?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be grateful that there are two great minds resident on this message board......[/quote]

Two?

[/quote]Up for a gaylord threesome by the sounds of it then Shacky?Bags I''m on top..........[/quote]Only if I''m the postman and you''re the letterbox. Technically speaking it will still be a twosome though won''t it.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

brilliant.

[/quote]

They had to build vast council estates to accommodate the huge increase in population caused by fathers & sons shagging their daughters & sisters respectively.[/quote]Says the Norwich City fan!They actually built large council estates after Liverpool was extensively bombed by the Luftwaffe, being a pivotal port and manufacturing industry and Britain''s then second largest city.  Fast forward forty years and the Tories achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn''t by ripping the heart out of the manufacturing industry, causing widespread unemployment and the associated rises in crime and social disadvantage that being raped by Thatcher''s rabid free market economic "philosophy" brought to many northern towns.[/quote]That Mr Chops, must rate by a mile as your worst and ill-founded post ever (I base that simply on your usually thoughtful and often amusing comments). Without wishing to appear as an apologist for Thatcher, Liverpool''s decline began long before Thatcher - and arguably before WW2. And whilst it did indeed get bombed, so did many other UK cities and large areas of terraced housing got flattened to make way for new housing and new inner-city roads post war. And just to be contentious, Liverpool are my favourite Prem side even if Liverpool will never be my favourite city. (but well done Blackpool!).[/quote]I know lots of places got bombed....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_BlitzLiverpool got flattened.

The bombers allways flew high over Liverpool.

If not the kids nicked the landing gear.

Joking aside,Liverpool got it bad because the Atlantic fleet were based in Gladstone dock and they were trying to knock out all the dock facilities.They still missed that stupid liver bird though!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two?

[/quote]Up for a gaylord threesome by the sounds of it then Shacky?Bags I''m on top..........[/quote]Only if I''m the postman and you''re the letterbox. Technically speaking it will still be a twosome though won''t it.[/quote]Best we give it a miss then eh?  [:S]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two?

[/quote]Up for a gaylord threesome by the sounds of it then Shacky?Bags I''m on top..........[/quote]Only if I''m the postman and you''re the letterbox. Technically speaking it will still be a twosome though won''t it.[/quote]Best we give it a miss then eh?  [:S]

[/quote]

Bloody hell, what''s this?You couple of fairies can well leave me out of proceedings.