Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Now guess the 5 City players left in the Actim Top 100

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Good luck.

We had 7 at the start of September and now 5 at month end.

Odd, especially as we''re currently 3rd in the table.

Ah well, bring on QPR so we can demonstrate to the PA that we''re more than the sum of our individual parts.

http://actimindex.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/champ_index_top10058.gif

OTBC

[/quote]Bed?

Would this, perhaps, suggest that we have a team similar to Mike Walker''s European squad?

We all have our perosnal favourites but to the outsider we have a very good solid team without many stand out players. Its the stuff champions are made of.

Bit of positive spin for you ;o)

What it suggests to me is that certain sides are doing well because of key individuals whilst we are doing well as a TEAM. If those key individuals lose form or get injured or suspended the position of that Club might suffer whereas PL has a squad that can no only integrate into the team but also change the game because they bring something different.

So Ruddy, Martin and Korey are all better than Wes.

Might possibly suggest that there''s more to football than statistics.

Stats work much better for individual sports, and sports like baseball and cricket where the action is self-contained. You can show quite easily that Andrew Strauss plays pace bowling better than spin by analysing where he scores his runs, at what pace, how often he gets out.

But, for example, if Russell Martin makes a brilliant overlapping run without the ball, drawing a defender out of position to create space for Wes, whose pass is converted by Holt, how on earth can the stats give Martin credit for that? And what about the brilliant tackle by Crofts that led to the ball coming to Wes in the first place?

Football is far too fluid a game for this kind of analysis. Not to say that there aren''t useful things you can glean from stats. I''d be interested to know (a) how many successful passes Jimmy Bullard made in the Hull game - I bet it was almost in three figures - and (b) how many of them led to a scoring chance - I bet none. But the notion of a Top 100 is ludicrous.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Good luck.

We had 7 at the start of September and now 5 at month end.

Odd, especially as we''re currently 3rd in the table.

Ah well, bring on QPR so we can demonstrate to the PA that we''re more than the sum of our individual parts.

http://actimindex.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/champ_index_top10058.gif

OTBC

[/quote]

Explained maybe by Chris Martin''s loss of form and place, and injury to Nelson ?  I''ve a funny feeling that we may have a new entrant soon in the name of a certain Mr Jackson after a supreme performance away at QPR. [:D]

watford have 8 players in the top100. does this mean that almost their entire team is better than hoolahan? what a load of twaddle.