Sign in to follow this  
NeverBlueSince1902

Since the glory days under Worthy,

is this the proudest you''ve been to be a Norwich City fan?

Of course you should always be proud to support a wonderful club like ours but we''ve had some trouble in the past few years...

I have nothing to complain about- and it feels weird!

Nothing to complain about? You Sir must be a Binner!

I mean there''s Lappin, both Martins, Ruddy and lets not forget Delia all to complain about.

Take your choice there''s planty to complain about if you want to :)

Davo

Definitely - because pride in current success is added to undying pride in identity.

Although... as they say, we haven''t won anything (major) yet ;-)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Im always proud to be a Naarich fan[Y] Im buzzing on how well we are doing atm[:D] long may it continue[/quote]same here, Canaries fan forever...

[quote user="NeverBlueSince1902"]is this the proudest you''ve been to be a Norwich City fan? Of course you should always be proud to support a wonderful club like ours but we''ve had some trouble in the past few years... I have nothing to complain about- and it feels weird![/quote]

I would be if we were coming up to the end of the season in this position. Still early days, with a lot of twists and turns to come.

At least if we had Worthy back it would liven this place up a bit......

It''s like tryin'' to wake the dead on here...

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="NeverBlueSince1902"]is this the proudest you''ve been to be a Norwich City fan?

Of course you should always be proud to support a wonderful club like ours but we''ve had some trouble in the past few years...

I have nothing to complain about- and it feels weird![/quote]Glory days under Worthington?    Utter bollox. One flukey promotion to the Premiership and total humiliation the following year. Either you''re 10 years old or suffering from dementia....

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

Either you''re 10 years old or suffering from dementia....
[/quote]

Now in extreme cases it is possible to be both....

Always a canary..And always proud..

I play soccer on a very low level, and here the other day in a match I actually met a binner...In Norway! Needless to say, the tackles were flying in..hehe

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Either you''re 10 years old or suffering from dementia.... [/quote]

[/quote]Glory days under Worthington?    Utter bollox. One flukey promotion to

the Premiership and total humiliation the following year. Either

you''re 10 years old or suffering from dementia....

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]What utter drivel, unless you''re not being serious. A league title, play-off final, a spirited season in the Prem. It wasn''t utter humiliation the following season either.

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]What utter drivel, unless you''re not being serious. A league title, play-off final, a spirited season in the Prem. It wasn''t utter humiliation the following season either.[/quote]Jesus.... I''ll reduce the age down to 7 and incorporate brain death then..........Can''t have you feeling excluded can we?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Short term memory problem, Cluck ? [:)][/quote]Sometimes I wonder why I waste my talent on here...... I really do.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glory days under Worthington?    Utter bollox. One flukey promotion to the Premiership and total humiliation the following year.

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Glory days under Worthington?    Utter bollox. One flukey promotion to the Premiership and total humiliation the following year. Either you''re 10 years old or suffering from dementia.... [/quote]

Glory days under Worthington?    Utter bollox. One flukey promotion to the Premiership and total humiliation the following year.

[/quote]

How right you are Cluckbert! During my ten years in control, and I''m not boasting, just being factual - we finished third, fourth and fifth in the top flight, reached two FA Cup semi-finals and during one season stayed at the top of the first division longer than any other club. Rarely does a club as small as Norwich hold the top spot for so long.

Yes, they were the real glory days for "Little Norwich".

Does not matter what I say, as everyone on here is so clicky - but what Worthy did for this club was beyond brilliant.

A team with no one outstanding (except Hucks and Greeno), one stand missing, limited budget, etc etc

Unfortunatley, everyone got such high expectations, and expected us to bounce back, and when he didn''t the daggers came out!

Cue the abuse...no i''m not related to him or Nutty in disguise

[quote user="David"]Ahh Colchester not a lover of attractive football or someone old enough to remember the days of Stringer, Brown, Bond, Saunders or Macauley either.[/quote]Finally, I remembered.  The "back 8" system we employed, often at home aswell as away under NW was at times testing, but it was effective.  Huckerbys'' runs down the wing weren''t an example of attractive football ?  What about Earnshaws'' lightning fast poaching in the box ?  Worthington didn''t acheive what Stringer, Brown et al did, but Worthington had to operate in an era of silly TV money, professional athletes and sports science.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="David"]Ahh Colchester not a lover of attractive football or someone old enough to remember the days of Stringer, Brown, Bond, Saunders or Macauley either.[/quote]

Finally, I remembered.  The "back 8" system we employed, often at home aswell as away under NW was at times testing, but it was effective.  Huckerbys'' runs down the wing weren''t an example of attractive football ?  What about Earnshaws'' lightning fast poaching in the box ?  Worthington didn''t acheive what Stringer, Brown et al did, but Worthington had to operate in an era of silly TV money, professional athletes and sports science.
[/quote]

You missed "crap overseas players not earning their big money" from your list Blah

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="David"]Ahh Colchester not a lover of attractive football or someone old enough to remember the days of Stringer, Brown, Bond, Saunders or Macauley either.[/quote]Finally, I remembered.  The "back 8" system we employed, often at home aswell as away under NW was at times testing, but it was effective.  Huckerbys'' runs down the wing weren''t an example of attractive football ?  What about Earnshaws'' lightning fast poaching in the box ?  Worthington didn''t acheive what Stringer, Brown et al did, but Worthington had to operate in an era of silly TV money, professional athletes and sports science.[/quote]

You missed "crap overseas players not earning their big money" from your list Blah

[/quote]Why should they be exclusive to Worthingtons'' Norwich ?  They are at every club in the top 2 leagues.

Worthington typified everything that was wrong under Smith''s ''little old Norwich'' regime.....Open top buses for a team that failed in the play-offs.... gushing ''appreciation'' for being allowed to play against the ''big'' teams etc etc.He was a little man working for a little woman achieving very little..........

Things were better in your day Cluck eh ?  It is sad that what was bread and butter to us in the 80s (promotion and relegation to and from the top tier) became the glory days for a younger generation, but we fell out of the top level at just the wrong time.  And you can thank the fat controller for that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Things were better in your day Cluck eh ?  It is sad that what was bread and butter to us in the 80s (promotion and relegation to and from the top tier) became the glory days for a younger generation, but we fell out of the top level at just the wrong time.  And you can thank the fat controller for that.[/quote]I thank the so called ''fat controller'' for everything he gave me as a fan.... a period which the statistics show were little short of miraculous. Sadly too many ungrateful ''fans'' felt we had a God given right to stay in the top flight..... which is absurd for a club with such limited resources. I repeat that McNally etc.would give his eye teeth to have the trifling 6 million debt and stack of assets Robert Chase left behind.... not to mention the great legacy of Geoffrey Watling. Delia Smith had the lot and blew it.Now we are seemingly happy to be an average Division Two club ''punching above it''s weight''........ and a tired old celebrity keeping her mug in the papers.

[quote]Sadly too many ungrateful ''fans'' felt we had a God given right to stay

in the top flight..... which is absurd for a club with such limited

resources. [/quote]I think the fans had a right to expect their chairman to be a better businessman than he was.  How else do you explain the firesales of players over such a "trifling" debt ?  Speaking of which...[quote]I repeat that McNally etc.would give his eye teeth to have the trifling 6 million debt[/quote]Which in real terms would be how much ?  And how much fun would it be to play in a stadium with 3 stands ?[quote]Now we are seemingly happy to be an average Division Two club ''punching

above it''s weight''........ and a tired old celebrity keeping her mug in

the papers.[/quote]Much like Leicester, Ipswich, and many others who like us were great before most 20 year olds were born...  And anyway, it''s 2 tired old celebs now [;)]...