Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Time to give aul lambert a rise I am thinking!

Done well for us and going to do better. Time to find a bob or two and give him and his mates a rise. last thing we want is him leaving for a better paid job. Never heard of a manager getting a testimonial but why not?

Sorry about the spelling. Just been to Yellows for lunch. Great meal, bottle of Pinot Gregio and great service from the staff. Must be one of the best restaurants in Norwich.

He signed an improved contract on the 1st June this year. It''s far too soon to be thinking about another one only 10 games later. No talks should be held until the end of the season. If he gets us into the play-offs and/or promoted then is the time.

Davo

I am sure it will be performance related as well - not a Premier player just turn up and smile at the team photographer in the warm up type performance related contract but as its with McNasty it will be a real performance bonus measurable on league position so will be worth working for!

[quote user="Bobert"]Sorry about the spelling. Just been to Yellows for lunch. Great meal, bottle of Pinot Gregio and great service from the staff. Must be one of the best restaurants in Norwich.[/quote]

Oh, it''s the drink!I thought you were still shell-shocked from being bombed by the Luftwaffe  [:D][;)]

Isn''t he still on a one-year rolling contract. If so, his pay will be evaluated at the end of the season.

I think it''d be a lot easier on the heart at the end of each season if we signed him to a 3 year contract as opposed to him being free to leave at the end of every year.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]I think it''d be a lot easier on the heart at the end of each season if we signed him to a 3 year contract as opposed to him being free to leave at the end of every year.
[/quote]

Hes on a rolling 1 year contract not a 1 year contract. This arrangement suits both him and the club. If he decides to leave then it will be a move we would not be able to stop and we could afford a good manager with our 1 year compensation. If it all goes wrong we can get rid of him without going into administration. Because of Lamberts ambition I very much doubt he would sign a three year contract.

Paul Lambert is likely to be successful and therefore in demand by other Clubs. He will eventually move on I think which is a better situation that recent managers who we have had to pay to go. It also means that we are the beneficiaries of his improving CV. We should enjoy it while it lasts.

As for money, if it is true that he is financially secure anyway the only money he wants is an equitable rate to his peers. Lambert is motivated by ambitions other than his bank balance and for a decent working environment which is everything from the CEO to the supporters.

I suspect he will see himself as learning his trade at a higher level than before at present and will want to test himself at Premiership level, which we can provide, at upper Premiership level, which will need a wealthy benefactor or massive coprorate support we cannot attract and, eventually and in particular, I suspect, at European club level.

Don''t forget the stewardship now benefitting our Club; we have other key individuals and it is the combination of these and PL that is running NCFC better than it has been run for years. These are terrific times and the last time we had terrific times it was in a good economic climate with crowds around 14,000. We should recognise where we are and milk it.

Am I the only one who is not impressed with Yellows?

Always understaffed on match days and I don''t particularly rate their food!

This is from someone who usually wines and dines in Luton!!!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Am I the only one who is not impressed with Yellows?

This is from someone who usually wines and dines in Luton!!![/quote]I quite Yellows but Match Day isn''t the day to go!  Bit of a tangent but I went to the Crown Point in Trowse last Friday and jolly nice it was too.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Am I the only one who is not impressed with Yellows?

This is from someone who usually wines and dines in Luton!!![/quote]

Mainly curry then [:D][;)]

"Give Peas a Chance "Am I the only one who is not impressed with Yellows?

This is from someone who usually wines and dines in Luton!!

And who was more than happy to have a burger cooked by Polly in The Cricketers Rest!!!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Am I the only one who is not impressed with Yellows? Always understaffed on match days and I don''t particularly rate their food! This is from someone who usually wines and dines in Luton!!![/quote]

luton is top notch [;)]