Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Evening all.  You''ve given me lots of really good picks to choose from (29 in total), and if football was played on paper it would be a doddle but as we know it''s played on grass.  There have been some very unpredictable results this season, which is great for the game but not so good for us PUPs.  But we''ll keep on rising to the challenge, and together we''ll do our best to wipe the smile off Billy''s face [;)]

Here''s my final selection (all home wins):

Celtic  v  Hamilton 

Raith Rovers  v  Stirling

Fleetwood  v  Histon  

AFC Wimbledon  v  Forest Green

Real Betis  v  Ponferradina

KV Kortrijk  v  Eupen

Bring it on! [Y]

[/quote]

Very wise words Cherub. 64 PUPs so far made those 29 selections and they so did rise to the challenge. Those 29 picks were from 16 different Leagues would you believe. That''s the measure of our team of PUPs.

But you have certainly risen to the challenge by sorting out such an impressive final 6 from all those suggestions. Thank you for these, they look nailed on to me. I''ll get them to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Hoping to get back on track after the Arsenal debacle last week, I think their minds were too much on Europe and they took the Baggies too lightly.

This week it has to be -

Dinamo Zagreb vs. Istra 1961 - Home win.  It looks nailed on with 1 million heavy duty nails.  But this season, who knows?[:^)]

Good luck everyone, best of luck Canary Cherub[:)][Y]

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Canary Cherub and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5

Celtic

1/2

Raith Rovers

1/3

Fleetwood

2/5

AFC Wimbledon

1/2

Real Betis

1/2

KV Kortrijk

Which will win for the Academy £65.60p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £40.44. So once again that’s big difference and it just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. It really is a big difference!

So now it’s "game on". Celtic, Raith, Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Betis get us underway today at 3pm. Hopefully all will win leaving all our hopes resting on Kortrijk who kick off this evening at 7pm.

Good luck everyone.......[:)].......

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Evening all.  You''ve given me lots of really good picks to choose from (29 in total), and if football was played on paper it would be a doddle but as we know it''s played on grass.  There have been some very unpredictable results this season, which is great for the game but not so good for us PUPs.  But we''ll keep on rising to the challenge, and together we''ll do our best to wipe the smile off Billy''s face [;)]

Here''s my final selection (all home wins):

Celtic  v  Hamilton 

Raith Rovers  v  Stirling

Fleetwood  v  Histon  

AFC Wimbledon  v  Forest Green

Real Betis  v  Ponferradina

KV Kortrijk  v  Eupen

Bring it on! [Y]

[/quote]Like these Cherub, everything is now crossed!!!

Unlucky Cherub and all you PUPs. It''s proving to be very difficult for us this season. But don''t lose heart because we''ve already won £72 and there''s a full 31 weeks to go. I am sure our team of PUPs will still raise a considerable sum by the end of the season.

Think about this - Young Korey Smith played a huge part in that great win at Bristol today. The money we have presented to FONCY has played a part in young Korey''s developement. The under 18''s went down by the odd goal of five at Arsenal this morning. The money we have preseneted has played a part in their developement. We have plenty to keep us positive and we will all be back next week doing our best for our club.

Oh and one of our scorers in that game at Arsenal was a certain Remy Gordon, I''m going to keep talking him up on here[:)][Y]

Oh toilet [:(]

I was more worried about my own pick (Real Betis) than any of the others and they won 3-0, so what can you do? [:^)]

Never mind, the result (and the performance) at Bristol City more than makes up for it, well done lads and well done Lambert [*][*][*][*][*]

Hard Luck Cherub [:''(]

Think I''ll give up, went for a certainty Chesterfield to beat Crewe this week and it ended 5-5, I''ve been crap this season [:''(]

You can''t give up CA...maybe you should have gone for Cureton''s Exeter, he scored again today :P

very unlucky again this week, Football results are sooo hard to pick, even with my very optimistic/bias view towards Norwich, i didn''t see them winning 3-0.....

Grrrrrr I missed this week, hopefully this isn''t too late Nutty.  Hard luck Cherub.I''m going to go for:Liverpool to beat Blackpool

Unlucky CC, another victim of our run of strange results, thought those 6 looked nailed on.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Having just edged back onto the PUPs table last week, it''s Sweden for me this week and Helsingborgs IF v GAIS - Home Win Helsingborgs at home are W11 D1 L0 and sit 2nd in the league. GAIS away are W3 D1 L8 and are 4th bottom. Very best of luck Canary Cherub, and of course all PUPs.[/quote]

On a personal note, Helsingborgs 0 GAIS 1 - D''oh!!!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Unlucky CC, another victim of our run of strange results, thought those 6 looked nailed on.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Having just edged back onto the PUPs table last week, it''s Sweden for me this week and Helsingborgs IF v GAIS - Home Win Helsingborgs at home are W11 D1 L0 and sit 2nd in the league. GAIS away are W3 D1 L8 and are 4th bottom. Very best of luck Canary Cherub, and of course all PUPs.[/quote]

[/quote]Wow. Thought that one had to be a cert. Unlucky CC, turning into a strange season.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

Raith lost at home for me Sid. We just claw our way back up on to the table only to slip straight off again. At this rate 50% is going to be an achievement this season!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You can''t give up CA...maybe you should have gone for Cureton''s Exeter, he scored again today :P very unlucky again this week, Football results are sooo hard to pick, even with my very optimistic/bias view towards Norwich, i didn''t see them winning 3-0.....[/quote]

I wouldn''t ever give up, if I did Arrdee would probably throw a pound of sausages at me from up above to show his disgust [:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve just put £5 on Blackpool to win :P £1 on 2-0, and £1 on Taylor-Fletcher to score first :D[/quote]Not the worst bet, I think it will be a draw (4/1) but a Blackpool win is very tempting odds at something like 7/1.