Sign in to follow this  
Hunter106

Chris Martin vs Jackson

I know the debate about Chris Martin has gone on, but really today I think has hilighted that Martin simply isnt good enough. Jackson was continuously moving on and off the ball. has pace and was alway applying pressure to their goalkeeper when he had the ball. Yeah ok he hasnt scored but he has the same amount of goals in the league as Martin, 1, and has played half the time that Martin has. When Martin came on today he showed so little pace and imagination despite being rested and coming on against 10 men. Yes he is local, and yes he has scored goals, but every time I have seen him play he seems to be so lazy, and he is hardly a great role model with his attitude and off the pitch problems.

I think its time people realise that we have better strikers at the club.

one of the worst posts ever, Jackson was weak and did sweet FA, his touch is appalling and the way we like to play martin is much better suited. you obviously werent at preston forrest or scunthorpe..... oh and remind me, how many league goals has holt got? maybe we should get cody back and play him instead

The problem is you have got two totally different players here.

Jackson is small, relatively lightweight but fast. Martin is bigger and more solid, perhaps slightly less mobile but they both have very big pluses

So Jackon had great balls played to him did he? How can you ever score without decent balls to your feet. Chris Martin is lazy, having watched him last season and todays game, he brings nothing to the game. We looked a worse team when Jackson came off, I though he looked the most likely to score. Okay Holt hasnt got the goals but he isnt fully fit is he, whats martins excuse for the lack of goals?

This is just stupid.

Both are excellent players, and both have a place in our squad. Yes Martin had a bad game against Hull, but no reason to drop him, and he is usually amazing or very quiet. As for Jackson, he showed today how good he is in the second half, getting around people, some good shots, we shall see how it plays out. Personally i would like to see Martin and Jackson together for maybe 20 or 30 minutes of a game!

and im neither i am a lifelong supporter of city, today was my first game since last season, how am i a binner if i am backing up one of our players?

Completely different players. I thought Jackson looked lively but got little suitable service. I was disappointed with what I saw from Chris when he came on, he lacked the urgency I expected to see as a reaction to being dropped. I wonder if he is carrying a bit of an injury. He brings others into the game and has a better touch than Simeon but Simeon has the pace and movement.

"Chris Martin is lazy, having watched him last season and todays game"

And you have 4 posts

Now perhaps you might tell us what other names you post under and we can then take you a bit more seriously

[quote user="simo86"]ahh your first game now we no why your talking sh*t[/quote]

Not quite, just because i go to games it doesnt mean I dont know what I am talking about. I have seen Martin play in about 20 games, and have always came away with the same opinion. Now you are telling me that somehow I am unlucky and miss the games where he plays exceptionally well??

Jackson played well, he is quite strong for a small chap and has a great spring. He was making lots of runs and feints, but we never really picked them out. Martin is a completely different player, likes the ball to his feet, lots of short sharp touches means he can run with the ball and hold off defenders, an example in injury time.

[quote user="City1st"]"Chris Martin is lazy, having watched him last season and todays game"

And you have 4 posts

Now perhaps you might tell us what other names you post under and we can then take you a bit more seriously[/quote]

I never post but read daily, I created this account ages ago and this is one issue that has really got me going so I thought I would post

[quote user="Hunter106"][quote user="simo86"]ahh your first game now we no why your talking sh*t[/quote] Not quite, just because i go to games it doesnt mean I dont know what I am talking about. I have seen Martin play in about 20 games, and have always came away with the same opinion. Now you are telling me that somehow I am unlucky and miss the games where he plays exceptionally well??[/quote]

Sorry mate but I disagree, Martin doesn''t quite have the work rate of a Holt or if you want to go higher up a Tevez/Rooney... he is however a good player, arguably the best pure finisher we have at the club. I like to think of him as being what a Dimitar Berbatov would be like if he wasn''t quite as skillful and had a bit more work rate.

For the record IMO Berbatov is one of the most naturally gifted footballer''s in the game, have thought so since I saw him playing for Leverkusen so it''s not a knock at Chrissy martin.

Yeahhhhhhh, we''re 3rd but I''m stilllllllllllllll gonna moan!Shut up u bell. Martin brings nothing to the table? Yeah, nothing, nothing at all.... No goals, free kicks, strength, assists... Nope, can''t think of anything!Retard.

There is such irrational, knee jerk reactions to players on here. Chris Martin was woeful against Hull on Saturday and was deservedly dropped. Simeon came in and offered something different, and did more to worry the Leicester defence in the first half than Chris Martin usually manages in a game. He had pace, he was always looking for the ball, he put players under pressure and closed down, he offered passes, he was always looking to get involved. Chris Martin is a good player and a great finisher, but he''s not in good form, and people need to realise that. Yes, he offers something different, but at the moment he offers very little. Simeon had a good game and did enough to, I expect, keep his place against Bristol City.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Yeahhhhhhh, we''re 3rd but I''m stilllllllllllllll gonna moan!Shut up u bell. Martin brings nothing to the table? Yeah, nothing, nothing at all.... No goals, free kicks, strength, assists... Nope, can''t think of anything!Retard.[/quote]

Yes we are 3rd, but we are not 1st are we? Apart from todays game we havent really been scoring that many, so until we are top of the league and scoring for fun, then there is still room for improvement. Seems if you critacise a player on here or on canary call you just get shot down.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lambo...that makes no sense....Like Berbatov, if he wasn''t as skillfil, and bit more work rate....so basically not Berbatov :P[/quote]

It did to me lol, because Martin IS a skilled player just not quite as skilled as Berbatov is, drops deep and will help link play ala Berbatov, however he does work a bit harder for the side.

It makes sense in my eyes at least.

I think Martin is a good striker at this level. I think Jackson brings different attributes. I also think it''s impossible to judge Jackson just yet.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Martin all the way for me, as proven today.[/quote]

Really, Nexus? I thought Jackson was the better today.

[quote user="liamcicada"]Lazy last season!?!? He scored 23 goals you mong[/quote]

How many has he scored this seanson though? And last season he was playing against? Thats right Wycombe and Leyton Orient....Not quite Notts Forest or Swansea are they

Martin for me every time.....showed tonight what we miss when he doesnt play in holding the ball up. didnt think jackson did much the whole game really and some of the touches from chrissy were pretty good esp last couple of mins when we needed someone to hold the ball up

[quote user="TheFanMan"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Martin all the way for me, as proven today.[/quote]

Really, Nexus? I thought Jackson was the better today.[/quote]Well in fairness to Jackson he didnt have a chance as he had a total physical disadvantage today, sure he chases and works hard but all I can think of is Cody MacDonald MkII.Jackson looks to be a neat player and I like the Big man / Pace Striker combo, only we are not playing that kind of football.Pretty much with Martin and Holt we have 2 target men looking for a flick on, I just prefer Martin as a player in the over all scheme of things.I dont get why people see him as lazy because he tracks back a  lot and has a certain physical pressence, his finishing is also a lot better even if Jacksons technique appears superior.Only time will tell but the age old saying goes Dont fix something that aint broke.And when it comes to Martin / Holt / Wes      Leave it how it is, if they are still suffering then thinnk about play styles rather than playing a pace striker who''s roll in todays game was a tad obselete.

"Seems if you critacise a player on here or on canary call you just get shot down."

Yes, and rightly so if it can''t be backed. There seems to be an absurd position taken by some that merely holding an opnion makes it worthy. (ps there''s a clue in your words)

"And last season he was playing against? Thats right Wycombe and Leyton Orient "

So was he rubbish then - or were the twenty games you saw him play before those games ?

Your thoughts are idiotic and contradictory - they are based on you bending facts to fit your argument.