Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Caption competition

Just because there''s not been one for a while. Send us your best efforts on this pic of Adam Drury during the Blackburn game and the best will win a chuckle from me (perhaps)...

Drury:Hey, I thought you said you had a striker who could score goals sitting here?

Fan: Yeh, you missed him, but then again, Dickov is so small, you can''t even see him!

Muscat conceeded that perhaps, just this time, his 2 footed challenge was a bit too obvious.

I''m sure this is where I put that manual on the art of defending...orI know that elusive three points is around here somewhere

Take cover! - Worthy has just put Bentley in the middle to play get the ball!

Dickov: They''re paying you how much!!! in that case have this (flicks a penny into the stand)

Adam: Wow where''d it go?

Drury: Does that hamstring look OK to you? The gaffer says it is but I''m not so sure today.

"Having tried all else in search of the elusive 3 points, Nigel Worthington takes a tactical gamble by instructing his boys to dispel with man-marking in favour of fan-marking"

[quote]Ads: "So there is someone alive in the River End then, my god - you even speak!"[/quote]

That made me chuckle gazza!  Next they might even sing.  Nah, that''s just fantasy a world!  God, I love the Barclay

"Will you get out of the way if I tickle you under the right gluteus maximus then?".

(Look closely at the picture and you might see what I mean!!!)

Steve Foley to Worthy: I''m sure Cantona got more style marks just ''cos he got his leg up a bit higher and actually connected!