Sign in to follow this  
Beijing Canary

Carrow Road's biggest crowd for years...

...could well be the U21 game. Ticket sales seem to be picking up if you look online, and there is no segregation or away section so all seats are technically available.

The upper tiers of the Barclay and River end are not even on sale yet, but I could see a situation where demand really picks up and the ground ends up selling out.

27k + - would be nice to let the rest of the UK in on little old Norwich''s secret (it being that we are not that little anymore).

OTBC.

Anyone remember watching two young uns by the name of Emile Heskey and Michael Owen playing up front for the U-21s at Carrow Road? Must have been 1997 I guess?

I saw an Under 21s game at Carrow Road...wasn''t long before a EUro/world cup for them...so i think they won by a few goals, then did a Penalty shoot out afterwards as well, and won that :P

[quote user="Mook"]Anyone remember watching two young uns by the name of Emile Heskey and Michael Owen playing up front for the U-21s at Carrow Road? Must have been 1997 I guess?[/quote]I was at that game, we won 4-2 but lost on away goals, both goals were from mistakes by one Richard Wright. Andy Marshall and Darren Eadie were both on the bench and the crowd was screaming for them to come on. Was a good night.Also, it was Michael Owen''s only appearance for the U21''s I believe. But I could be mistaken...The last game against Slovakia in think, the poor right back on that day had to deal with Ashley Young and Wayne Routledge both drifting to the left wing...ripped him to shreds...poor bloke.

Yep, Owens only ever game for the U21''s, that was right.  Eadie didn''t play as he was injured, which was a shame.

Lots of Ipswich fans in the barclay that night (for Wright and Scowcroft), which was a bit surreal!! 

City Stand, Jarrold Stand, Barclay Lower and River End Lower all almost sold out.

They have now started selling tickets in the River End Upper.

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=01&product=U21INT&campaign=%20%20&type=H

Would nice if we could get a 26,000 plus crowd for this night.

80% of the river end upper tier haven''t been sold and they haven''t started selling tickets in the Barclay upper tier. The Aviva Community stand lower tier hasn''t sold many and neither has either of the City stand corner infills.

Therefore I''d say its very unlikely we''ll see the biggest crowd for years cause at the moment theirs at least 13,000 unsold tickets, though of course it would be nice to see the ground filled!

I''d say the Leedscum home game and S cum Derby game are the 2 games where we''re most likely to see 26,000+ crowds. Hopefully if our good run continues then we''ll see some more 26,000 crowds towards the end of the season! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

80% of the river end upper tier haven''t been sold and they haven''t started selling tickets in the Barclay upper tier. The Aviva Community stand lower tier hasn''t sold many and neither has either of the City stand corner infills.

Therefore I''d say its very unlikely we''ll see the biggest crowd for years cause at the moment theirs at least 13,000 unsold tickets, though of course it would be nice to see the ground filled!

I''d say the Leedscum home game and S cum Derby game are the 2 games where we''re most likely to see 26,000+ crowds. Hopefully if our good run continues then we''ll see some more 26,000 crowds towards the end of the season! 

[/quote]

Not sure where you have got the figure of 13k from. Looks more like 5-6k at the most to me, and still five days of hype left to sell them. Think it will get close.

Sorry got the mathes a bit wrongwhichdoes occur often at my age!

River end upper tier holds 2500, Barclay upper tier nearl 3000, community bottom tier 7-800 and both City stand corners infills hold 600 each.

I''ll be surprised if the crowd is over 20,000! 

River end upper tier holds 2500, Barclay upper tier nearl 3000, community bottom tier 7-800 and both City stand corners infills hold 600 each.

[/quote]

Popped into the shop in the mall yesterday and they said they were gunning down 18k, well over 17k in any rate and that was around lunch time.

£10 for adults and £5 for concessions is brilliant, with no football for a while the only thing I can think of is that a Friday night doesn''t appeal. Personally a meal out, some footy and then some drinks out after is a great night out.

[/quote]

Still reckon there will be less than 20k there? Don''t think so. Funny how the FA chose Norwich rather than its prospective world cup venues of MK or Plymouth when it needed to garantee a decent crowd for a kids game against Romania on a Friday night...

I see they''ve now made the Barclay upper tier available for sale and they''ve sold quite a few so yes I think now we could be looking at a 24,000 minimum crowd which is great!

Don''t get me started on the ruddy 2018 World cup venues. We should of applyed becuase we are bigger clubc than Bristol City and Plymouth put together, much bigger than MK franchisers and the Norwich are is much nicer with more history than the post war plastic and concrete city that is Milton Keynes!

But they''re already sold well over 20,000!

Looking at the online tickets sales site, I''d say there''s less than 4000 seats available.

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=01&product=U21INT&campaign=%20%20&type=H

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]2,000 tickets left...
[/quote]

That''s an unbelievable effort. We got ours a bit late so we''re in the N&P upper, hope it''s not as quiet as it is on NCFC match days.

Wow 2,000 tickets left that''s some turnout for the kids.

I wonder if Derby will sell as many tickets for the Brazil V Ukraine match. At £30 a head for adult and £15 for kids it''ll be a close run thing.

Davo

That is really impresive, I was only expecting about 18,000 to be sold.  Good chance to try out another part of the ground too.  Can''t see there being much of an atmosphere though.

Popped into the box office today to get my tickets and was told only upper Barclay available, estimated 22000 plus tickets sold already 2 days to go.

As I was on my way bach along the southern bypass I passed the England Coach. drove past Colney and saw the bus again but seems that they were training inside the dome.

I see there are 3 call offs - Might be the time to call up our Korey??

Went to get my tickets today was told only upper Barclay and corners left, so should be a good crowd.

[/quote]

So we''ve sold over 24,000 tickets, thats a great effort, do we get to keep the gate money?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

So we''ve sold over 24,000 tickets, thats a great effort, do we get to keep the gate money?

[/quote]

Good question CA[:)]

I imagine we''ll keep a percentage of it.

Considering the costs involved I doubt McNally would run the game at a loss hence the opening of stands and tiers only once the majority of other areas have been sold.

Davo

To my mind the fact we''ve pulled 27k for this game is evidence not only that we could be a world cup venue - I know we''d have to increase the capacity - but also that we really do have the catchment area to support a Premiership club in the long-term.

Great advert for the club, even though the crowd will be a mix of hi-pitched kids and chavs counting down the minutes before they go and get pizzed on PoW Road.

It looks as if we''re definately on course for a sell out.

Just been to the ticket office this lunchtime and they only have a few corner infill tickets left in the whole stadium (upper and lower). After debating whether to go all week ,I''ve left it so late that I''m having to sit in ''enemy territory'' in the snakepit.

I''m there out of curiosity mainly but as a previous poster suggested the ''make-up'' of the crowd may not be as we''re used to.  I''ll go 8 minutes before we see the first ''hilarious'' Mexican wave.