Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Lambert to Liverpool

He wouldn''t want to take a step down from Norwich :P

Seriously, he''s not going to be leaving....anytime soon....

Liverpool, if they did get rid of Hodgson (which they won''t the owners fully well know they havn''t got the best squad they could have, but don''t want to give any money to spend....), they would get O''Neil....

If they do sack Hodgson it will almost certainly be Martin O''Neill that gets the job.  A club of that size would never risk a manager with no top flight experience.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He wouldn''t want to take a step down from Norwich :P Seriously, he''s not going to be leaving....anytime soon.... Liverpool, if they did get rid of Hodgson (which they won''t the owners fully well know they havn''t got the best squad they could have, but don''t want to give any money to spend....), they would get O''Neil....[/quote]Hope so GP[Y] i was thinking O''neil would be next on their list...Lambo has unfinished work at Carra Rd[Y]  Now my Wetsham mate has jumped on the bandwaggon lol...i replied...they wpouldnt be inyterested in your manager[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"]He wouldn''t want to take a step down from Norwich :P Seriously, he''s not going to be leaving....anytime soon.... Liverpool, if they did get rid of Hodgson (which they won''t the owners fully well know they havn''t got the best squad they could have, but don''t want to give any money to spend....), they would get O''Neil....[/quote]Hope so GP[Y] i was thinking O''neil would be next on their list...Lambo has unfinished work at Carra Rd[Y]  Now my Wetsham mate has jumped on the bandwaggon lol...i replied...they wpouldnt be inyterested in your manager[;)][/quote]opps sorry 4 typo''s

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"]He wouldn''t want to take a step down from Norwich :P Seriously, he''s not going to be leaving....anytime soon.... Liverpool, if they did get rid of Hodgson (which they won''t the owners fully well know they havn''t got the best squad they could have, but don''t want to give any money to spend....), they would get O''Neil....[/quote]Hope so GP[Y] i was thinking O''neil would be next on their list...Lambo has unfinished work at Carra Rd[Y]  Now my Wetsham mate has jumped on the bandwaggon lol...i replied...they wpouldnt be inyterested in your manager[;)][/quote]opps sorry 4 typo''s[/quote]5

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"]He wouldn''t want to take a step down from Norwich :P Seriously, he''s not going to be leaving....anytime soon.... Liverpool, if they did get rid of Hodgson (which they won''t the owners fully well know they havn''t got the best squad they could have, but don''t want to give any money to spend....), they would get O''Neil....[/quote]Hope so GP[Y] i was thinking O''neil would be next on their list...Lambo has unfinished work at Carra Rd[Y]  Now my Wetsham mate has jumped on the bandwaggon lol...i replied...they wpouldnt be inyterested in your manager[;)][/quote]opps sorry 4 typo''s[/quote]5[/quote]I only counted 4.

Liverpool need a new squad. They are a 1 man team (gerrard) and even he isnt that good anymore.it doesnt matter who the manager is until Liverpool accept they are a mid table side then they wont build to improve.

They are complaining that Hodgeson is too low a profile, 10 times higher than Lambert.

The only chance of Lambert managing a premiership club in the next few years is if he gets one promoted

I think you are rightMON and Lambert are the same person arent they and have you ever seen them in a room together  Or at least Lambert is junior MONAnybody suggesting that Pool would take Lambert at this time is just nuts.  For all his good work he doesnt have the experience or profile yet to manage a side with 2 w/c winners, w/c runner up 1, England captain and Konchelsky in it

[quote user="KenBrown"]I think you are rightMON and Lambert are the same person arent they and have you ever seen them in a room together  Or at least Lambert is junior MONAnybody suggesting that Pool would take Lambert at this time is just nuts.  For all his good work he doesnt have the experience or profile yet to manage a side with 2 w/c winners, w/c runner up 1, England captain and Konchelsky in it[/quote]Should have added that taking the canaries to Cardiff and Swansea would hardly qulify him as having european experience as a manager

This may sound absolutely crazy, and I could never envisage saying something like this a year ago...

But right now the future looks much brighter at Norwich than it does a Liverpool.

It''s far from impossible that we''ll be in either the same or higher division than them in a year.

People will brush off Liverpool''s decline as temporary, but they''re going the way Leeds did in my opinion.

Not sure MON is good enough for the Liverpool job.

That said I''m sure he won''t be short of admirers.

Paul Lambert has got the Midas touch.

Well they robbed us of Europe for years, they robbed football in general of standing areas - why not take our manager too...

I am enjoying every minute of their decline. As I tell all Liverpool fans: "Football changes. You are just the new Everton. Sometimes good, sometimes bad - but no longer Big Four. Get used to it."

Newcastle went down and they get bigger crowds than Liverpool.

Their (Liverpool''s) decline has been estraordinary-they won''t go down, and they''ll probably still finish top 8-10 with ease.

Reina, Gerrard and Torres are all world class players-however, Torres looks not only unfit but uninterested, whilst Gerrard must be wondering how much longer he has to carry the side.

As for managerial change, it would cost them a fortune to sack Hodgson, and they haven''t got that sort of money to spend, UNLESS they sell one of their big three.

I rather think the Liverpool hierachy regretted appointing Hodgson the moment he got the job-he will turn them around, no doubt, but his image and profile doesn''t suit them at all.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Liverpool need a new squad. They are a 1 man team (gerrard) and even he isnt that good anymore.

it doesnt matter who the manager is until Liverpool accept they are a mid table side then they wont build to improve.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Without the right players, no manager can work miracles. Hodgson''s track record over the years as a manager has been very good - you don''t become a bad manager over night. Good luck to whoever inherits the mess at Anfield, if the almost inevitable happens and Hodgson is sacked within weeks.

Old Shuck - Why won''t Liverpool go down? They''ve got one of the worst squads in the division!

One good striker (who is unfit and out of form), and absolutely nothing in reserve.

A pretty limited defence - Carragher and Johnson are poor for a start.

Nothing much out wide. The few wingers they do have (Babel/etc) have flopped.

No world class defensive midfield since they got rid of first Alonso and then Mascherano.

They may not go down this year, but I firmly believe they will be relegated within 3 seasons.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Old Shuck - Why won''t Liverpool go down? They''ve got one of the worst squads in the division! One good striker (who is unfit and out of form), and absolutely nothing in reserve. A pretty limited defence - Carragher and Johnson are poor for a start. Nothing much out wide. The few wingers they do have (Babel/etc) have flopped. No world class defensive midfield since they got rid of first Alonso and then Mascherano. They may not go down this year, but I firmly believe they will be relegated within 3 seasons.[/quote]

They won''t go down because they have the same sort of reverence in this country that Real Madrid have in Spain.

Sooner or later, a "rescue plan" of some sort will enable them to re-schedule their debts very favourably, they''ll also get the go-ahead to build that new stadium. They''re too "establishment" to suffer for too long, remember Heysel, well, Norwich City FC and Liverpool FC got the same punishment for that night-we lost out on Europe because of Liverpool FC, maybe I am being cynical, but I haven''t forgotten or forgiven their "wonderful" fans for that, even reading through this post, I suspect I''m not the only one. Remember when they finished out of the Champions League places and wriggled their way back into it, taking Everton out of the equation in doing so? One way or another, in whatever way you can look at it, they get looked after, and they will again. It wouldn''t surprise me one little bit to see taxpayers money heading their way sooner or later.

Playing wise, they''ll get out of it. Compared to the three players cited, their squad is mediocre, however, there are plenty more sqauds with mediocre players who have just that-so they will survive and they''ll come out of their self-annointed financial crisis. Cynical-yes, over-emotional-yes, ridiculous-yes; all of those. But don''t you just know they will?

I absolutely agree Old Shuck. Liverpool ARE over-loved by the media/etc. I (like others) still despise them for denying us a rightful European spot for so many years.

However, I don''t think they are at all safe any more. They are fairly similar to Leeds of 2004 fame right now, and could go the same way.

If you look at Leeds'' squad the season they went down, it''s packed full of class players. Admittedly, they don''t have the depth (like Liverpool nowadays) in crucial areas such as CM or up-front, but the first XI looks very good indeed. In fact, they had 11 players who either already had England experience, or went on to the play for England.

GK - Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Scott Carson

DL - Ian Harte, Didier Domi

DR - Gary Kelly, Danny Mills

DC - Lucas Radebe, Roque Junior, Dominic Matteo, Michael Duberry

ML - Nick Barmby, Seth Johnson

MR - Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Jermaine Pennant

MC - Erik Bakke, David Batty, Jody Morris, Jason Wilcox

S - Michael Bridges, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka

No reason why Liverpool can''t go down for me!

Liverpool have a good manager IMO.  However they do need a complete revamp everywhere else, board and squad.  Reina, Gerrard and Torres will probably leave in the summer and if they don''t then I will eat my hat.  And when they go what have they got left?  A very, very poor squad.  Liverpool need a new board before January and then in the summer they can let all the poor players leave and then give Hodgson money to buy a new squad.  If they ever want to get back to their glory days then they need a slow and steady process to get them out.  Not a quick fire the manager, board and squad job.

As for Lambert going to Liverpool... Not for a long time.  If he gets us in the Prem and establishes us then maybe he can manage a club like that eventually but not yet.

[quote user="KenBrown"]I think you are rightMON and Lambert are the same person arent they and have you ever seen them in a room together  Or at least Lambert is junior MONAnybody suggesting that Pool would take Lambert at this time is just nuts.  For all his good work he doesnt have the experience or profile yet to manage a side with 2 w/c winners, w/c runner up 1, England captain and Konchelsky in it[/quote]???

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]If they do sack Hodgson it will almost certainly be Martin O''Neill that gets the job.  A club of that size would never risk a manager with no top flight experience.[/quote]

I hope you''re right, mate.

Even if I''m abit worried because I think that Paul Lambert would be much better for Liverpool than Martin O''Neill (unless the scousers like overpsy players like Carew, Dunne, Collins, Sidwell, etc.).

They would be absolutely crazy to get rid of Hodgson, and I don''t think it will happen anyway.

[quote user="Largey"]They would be absolutely crazy to get rid of Hodgson, and I don''t think it will happen anyway.[/quote]

This is modern day football your talking about??? since when did sanity have a place in the game, you only have to look at the people who think Lambert would be better for Liverpool than Martin O''Neill,  But i hope your right and Hodgson is given at least the season.