Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Tonites Game, Crofts And The Flare/smoke bomb In The Snake Pit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIqy1mxXaU*takes sip of winter broth from flask* Oh I say Stan, I''m going to get on the phone to the club first thing in the morning! [:(]

You can get them from Hoopers down pottergate, or any paintball website. Thought it was a great effort by the lads who done it

I THINK YOU CAN ALSO BUY THEM FROM ST BENEDICTS INDOOR MARKET OR AM I GETTING CONFUSED WITH FLARED TROUSERS.... THINK EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR FLARED TROUSERS TO HOME GAMES, THAT WOULD GIVE THE HAPPY "MOI YELLO" CLAPPERS SOMETHING TO MOAN ABOUT!!

[quote user="Big Slob"]You can get them from Hoopers down pottergate, or any paintball website. Thought it was a great effort by the lads who done it
[/quote]

Cool, think I will have to pay Hoopers a visit and get stocked-up! Ready for Millwall away.

And yeah it was great effort from those lads for doing it [Y]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I THINK YOU CAN ALSO BUY THEM FROM ST BENEDICTS INDOOR MARKET OR AM I GETTING CONFUSED WITH FLARED TROUSERS.... THINK EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR FLARED TROUSERS TO HOME GAMES, THAT WOULD GIVE THE HAPPY "MOI YELLO" CLAPPERS SOMETHING TO MOAN ABOUT!![/quote]

Is that even there anymore!!!!

At one point Norwich had two indoor-markets. One on Magdalen Street and the other on St Benedicts.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Bring on more smoke bombs and flares if you ask me............. great for the game and event........... a minority will complain but hay this is norfolk......[/quote]

Yes its great for someone like me whos asthmatic [:@] but dont you worry about me not being able to breathe.

[/quote]you seem remarkably alive for someone who stopped breathing... did you actually get an asthma attack or are you just having a little moan. perhaps you should join your mate smudger in another part of the ground?

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I THINK YOU CAN ALSO BUY THEM FROM ST BENEDICTS INDOOR MARKET OR AM I GETTING CONFUSED WITH FLARED TROUSERS.... THINK EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR FLARED TROUSERS TO HOME GAMES, THAT WOULD GIVE THE HAPPY "MOI YELLO" CLAPPERS SOMETHING TO MOAN ABOUT!![/quote]

Are you sure you''ve got a degree?.....

[quote user="Big Slob"]You can get them from Hoopers down pottergate, or any paintball website. Thought it was a great effort by the lads who done it
[/quote]

Yep....definitely the ''lads''......The things these young ''uns do to get themselves on CCTV.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Bring on more smoke bombs and flares if you ask me............. great for the game and event........... a minority will complain but hay this is norfolk......
[/quote]

Yes its great for someone like me whos asthmatic [:@] but dont you worry about me not being able to breathe.

[/quote]

you seem remarkably alive for someone who stopped breathing... did you actually get an asthma attack or are you just having a little moan. perhaps you should join your mate smudger in another part of the ground?
[/quote]

Luckily it was nowhere near me as I''m in the City stand, I was just making the point that if they are set of near someone who is asthmatic, it can have serious consequences.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Bring on more smoke bombs and flares if you ask me............. great for the game and event........... a minority will complain but hay this is norfolk......
[/quote]

[/quote]

you seem remarkably alive for someone who stopped breathing... did you actually get an asthma attack or are you just having a little moan. perhaps you should join your mate smudger in another part of the ground?
[/quote]

Luckily it was nowhere near me as I''m in the City stand, I was just making the point that if they are set of near someone who is asthmatic, it can have serious consequences.

[/quote]

LOL! Its no more serious than walking past a First double decker bus with all its exhaust fumes pouring out!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL! Its no more serious than walking past a First double decker bus with all its exhaust fumes pouring out!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With my tin hat at the ready I have to say that I find some of the comments on this thread quite disturbing. I fear people have very short memories and would question how this thread would read if a Leeds supporter had done this at FCR. This type of ground regulation and all seater stadiums are for all sports stadiums ( rugby, horse racing, athletics ) and came as a result of the Taylor report following Hillsborough implemented by the health and safety executive. I would challenge anyone to find a ground / club that does not include these regulations. Without the fans some of you seem to want to ban ( described as the happy clappers ) there would no longer be a football club like we have at Norwich, with your 13000 gates it would have been in administration a long ago. In fact on another thread at least one of you was arguing that the prices were to high and discourageing younger supporters. An Ipswich supporter this year has been given a banning order for letting of a similar smoke canister at Peterborough and a couple more face a similar problem after an incident at Crystal Palace. It is said that no harm was done, but at least 2 supporters on here have complained of their illnesses being made bad by the smoke. Going by the posts on here one of our own players McNamee suffers from asthma, so would you laugh at him in the same way as one of you have cityangel. After an incident at Wolves that you may recall fireworks are actually also banned from being let off by the club.

If you are saying it is ok for one person to have these in the ground then you must conceed it is ok for everyone to have one, how would that add to the atmosphere ? The disaster at Bradford was started by a cigarette not put out properly, I appreciate that the stands are no longer wooden, but we are talking preety powerful fireworks here. In fact next time you go to a firework display Zema maybe you can take a young member of your family across the exclusion zone and sit them where the fireworks are going of, I am sure no harm will come of them. You claim to be from the health and safety executive so therefore you are part responsible for the firework code, which bans them from stadium and also make it a criminal offence to let them off without special permission on only about 4 specific days per year. I hope therefore you explained to your boss how stupid your own rules were. If you are truely part of the health and safety executive you also forget to mention that part of your job is to prosecute people that do this type of thing so you are being a bit hypocrytical. And no I was not one of those who complained but I do claim to be one of our most passionate supporters. The last thing I would want to see is any supporter especially one of ours made ill, injured, maimed or even worse killed by a similar incident, in my view it is just not worth the risk however small.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Yep, Health and Safety... that does''nt stop people acting the idiot on here, if you read my posts i am acting just that way, i deal with this sort of thing every day, had one employee who had been working a saw station for 8 years, decided to stick his hand in it!! So when i say idiots, im also talking about P**s takers on here!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Yep, Health and Safety... that does''nt stop people acting the idiot on here, if you read my posts i am acting just that way, i deal with this sort of thing every day, had one employee who had been working a saw station for 8 years, decided to stick his hand in it!! So when i say idiots, im also talking about P**s takers on here!!

[/quote]

Are you really sure you''ve got a degree?.....

[quote user="Granty"]more flares please....i think im gonna get some...[/quote]

Make sure that you get a responsible adult to purchase and light them for you.....(Matches and lighters are strictly for grown ups).

Store the flares safely in a tin, similar to the one that you keep your collection of Pokeman cards and marbles in....

Enjoy....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Granty"]more flares please....i think im gonna get some...[/quote]

Make sure that you get a responsible adult to purchase and light them for you.....(Matches and lighters are strictly for grown ups).

Store the flares safely in a tin, similar to the one that you keep your collection of Pokeman cards and marbles in....

Enjoy....

[/quote]Sarcasm at it''s finest........

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]A degree in Health and Safety?  Were you allowed to graduate?  All that hat-throwing must have been an issue.

It''s very rare that I contribute to any message board as you will see by the number of posts I have to my credit.

I do however spend lots of time reading other peoples contributions and on this subject I feel that I should add my opinion which is based a working knowledge and I will not expand any further on that..

If we start with the inclusion of the ground regulations that someone kindly supplied us with, regulation number 7 clearly states that fireworks, smoke canisters, flares or any article that may compromise public safety is forbidden.

I don''t think anyone could argue that the smoke bomb you all refer to could have been included into any one of those catagories mentioned and therefore in contravention of the ground regulations.

What was missing from the regulations posted was the piece at the very bottom which states '' published by the Football League'' which means that these rules and regulations are from the aforementioned body and not issued by Norwich City as some people seem to believe. All league clubs are bound to ensure that supporters comply with these Ground Regulations or face the consequences.

The consequences could be heavy fines or even reduction to the stadium capacity, either of which means a loss of revenue to the club.

Norwich City also has a duty of care to all it''s customers while on club premises and would be failing in its duty if it stood by and allowed a very small minority to simply disregard any/all rules and regulations, nowhere else would allow it so why should it be allowed to happen at Carrow Road?

If we return to the issue of letting off smoke grenades/bombs/flares in the stadium and setting aside all the other reasons for not allowing them, has any one considered the possibility of the smoke activating the fire detection sytem?

the potential consequences of this are that the game could be halted, what penalty would the Football League deem suitable for such an occurence?

In any walk of life, Rules are made for a reason and many of the rules that exist for football stadia around the country are made because of tragedies such as, Ibrox 1902 25 dead 500 injured, Valley Parade 1985 56 dead 100''s injured and Hillsborough 1989 95 dead and 400 + injured.

Am I being over dramatic? who wants to take responsibilty and say ''forget the rules'' will you put your hand up and take the blame when it goes wrong because you can be assured that it will at some point.

[quote user="the mole"]

It''s very rare that I contribute to any message board as you will see by the number of posts I have to my credit.

I do however spend lots of time reading other peoples contributions and on this subject I feel that I should add my opinion which is based a working knowledge and I will not expand any further on that..

If we start with the inclusion of the ground regulations that someone kindly supplied us with, regulation number 7 clearly states that fireworks, smoke canisters, flares or any article that may compromise public safety is forbidden.

I don''t think anyone could argue that the smoke bomb you all refer to could have been included into any one of those catagories mentioned and therefore in contravention of the ground regulations.

What was missing from the regulations posted was the piece at the very bottom which states '' published by the Football League'' which means that these rules and regulations are from the aforementioned body and not issued by Norwich City as some people seem to believe. All league clubs are bound to ensure that supporters comply with these Ground Regulations or face the consequences.

The consequences could be heavy fines or even reduction to the stadium capacity, either of which means a loss of revenue to the club.

Norwich City also has a duty of care to all it''s customers while on club premises and would be failing in its duty if it stood by and allowed a very small minority to simply disregard any/all rules and regulations, nowhere else would allow it so why should it be allowed to happen at Carrow Road?

If we return to the issue of letting off smoke grenades/bombs/flares in the stadium and setting aside all the other reasons for not allowing them, has any one considered the possibility of the smoke activating the fire detection sytem?

the potential consequences of this are that the game could be halted, what penalty would the Football League deem suitable for such an occurence?

In any walk of life, Rules are made for a reason and many of the rules that exist for football stadia around the country are made because of tragedies such as, Ibrox 1902 25 dead 500 injured, Valley Parade 1985 56 dead 100''s injured and Hillsborough 1989 95 dead and 400 + injured.

Am I being over dramatic? who wants to take responsibilty and say ''forget the rules'' will you put your hand up and take the blame when it goes wrong because you can be assured that it will at some point.

[/quote]

Well put exactly my point from earlier in the thread that ground regulations were part of the Taylor report after Hillsborough.

This type of thing coupled with the report today of hooliganism returning via the younger supporters begins to make me wonder as to wether the younger fan now begining to involve themselves with clubs realise or even know of what happened at Hillsborough, Bradford, Heisel ect. It will be a sad day if football returns to this.  

[quote user="the mole"]

[/quote]

Very well put.....[Y]

my god this is getting heavy isnt it,

i was sitting in area d in the lowe barclay and i could smell it, but it was entertaining, but glad i was one of the persons sititng in the snakepit.

it should be discouraged though, i didnt approve of it. this is england not turkey so why follow suit.

and also we have an england 2018 world cup bid hanging in the balance, the judges take things like this into consideration.

so when they catch the culprit, give him a ban from future matches

[quote user="the mole"]

[/quote]Someone once told me to ''trust the mole'' so I''m going to say thumbs up to this post!Not over dramatic, just amazingly sensible and reasoned for this message board!

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

my god this is getting heavy isnt it,

i was sitting in area d in the lowe barclay and i could smell it, but it was entertaining, but glad i was one of the persons sititng in the snakepit.

it should be discouraged though, i didnt approve of it. this is england not turkey so why follow suit.

and also we have an england 2018 world cup bid hanging in the balance, the judges take things like this into consideration.

so when they catch the culprit, give him a ban from future matches

[/quote]Yeh I''m sure news of this incident is rattling through the corridors of power  at FIFA HQ in Zurich as we speak!You thought it was ''entertaining'' yet disaprove of it.Can you have it both ways?

It''s a good job me and my platoon didn''t grizzle like girls when the mustard gas started coming down in Nam.......You poncey lot don''t know you''re born.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you really sure you''ve got a degree?.....

[/quote]

But is the degree worth the paper it''s written on? - if they got it in the last fifteen years it''s likely equivalent to a Religious Instruction ''O'' Level from the Seventies [:P]