Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Tonites Game, Crofts And The Flare/smoke bomb In The Snake Pit

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.[/quote]

Yes, ban them for life.

I think there were a couple of other people in the SP singing as well, hopefully the club can use CCTV to pick them out as well and put them in the stocks before the next home game.

Why all fans just can''t sit on their hands and make Carrow Road as dull as possible I don''t know!

Jesus wept - chill out pal.

[/quote]Who said anything about banning people you tool? I stand by what I said if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them. They have no right to affect mine or anybody elses health and I have the right to protect mine.[/quote]

Er, i wouldn''t employ that particular defence at court if i were you!

''They have no right to affect mine or anybody elses

health and I have the right to protect mine.''''But if they do, I will kick the crap out of them''.I sympathise, but thanks for the early morning chuckle.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!

Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]

I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.

[/quote]

Why didnt you kick the crap out of them last night!!!

[quote user="Beijing Canary"]

"Its about time somebody did something.....the place is so boring most of the time."

Correct. But don''t forget, we are the only fans in history to have booed our *own* pitch invasion after we won the league.

Just have to accept there is a large section of our support that is a dull as hell.

I listened to the commentary via BBC Leicester last night - and despite the fact their commentators were sat pretty much next to the Snakepit - they kept remarking about how quiet the ground was, even though there was 25k there.

Shame really as there are some Norwich fans that are passionate, they just get drowned/moaned out but the killjoys who probably haven''t enjoyed themselves since they were about nine-years-old. I guess we have to think of the asthma sufferers though, as mentioned below...

Sit down.[/quote]

Because obviously, it doesn''t matter if such things affect peoples'' health, as long as it''s "passionate".  What a numpty.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Beijing Canary"]

Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]

I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.

[/quote]

Yes, ban them for life.

I think there were a couple of other people in the SP singing as well, hopefully the club can use CCTV to pick them out as well and put them in the stocks before the next home game.

Why all fans just can''t sit on their hands and make Carrow Road as dull as possible I don''t know!

Jesus wept - chill out pal.

[/quote]

Who said anything about banning people you tool? I stand by what I said if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them. They have no right to affect mine or anybody elses health and I have the right to protect mine.
[/quote]

I don''t need to point out the irony in your reply. Too funny.

I think we have all missed the other potential explanation. It was not a flare going off but rather Smudger exploding in a fit of rage at yet more tactical ineptitude from Lambert in only getting us to 3rd in the table!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.[/quote]

[/quote]As I said if I see them lighting it, last night I didn''t see anyone light it.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9031746.stm

A very well written replort on the game [:O]

[/quote]Don''t think so. How the hell do you do this in two paragraphs next to each other?''It looked like it might be Leicester''s night when Waghorn went past

four defenders to slot past Norwich keeper John Ruddy with just 80

seconds on the clock.

But half an hour later Wales international

Crofts, who had already tested Norwich keeper Carl Ikeme with an

impudent lob early on, latched on to a Grant Holt cutback to drill the

ball in across goal.''

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9031746.stm

A very well written replort on the game [:O]

[/quote]Don''t think so. How the hell do you do this in two paragraphs next to each other?''It looked like it might be Leicester''s night when Waghorn went past

four defenders to slot past Norwich keeper John Ruddy with just 80

seconds on the clock.

But half an hour later Wales international

Crofts, who had already tested Norwich keeper Carl Ikeme with an

impudent lob early on, latched on to a Grant Holt cutback to drill the

ball in across goal.''

[/quote]Oh, and another:''The game continued to seesaw, and Hoolahan restored Leicester''s two-goal

edge with a cracking half-volley into the top corner on 74 minutes.''

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I said if I see them lighting it, last night I didn''t see anyone light it.
[/quote]

The other Week you heard the bloke chanting racists remarks, because he sat right near you, last night you must have seen the few who lit the Flare, i saw them!!  they must have been near enough on your lap, but im sure if you asked fellow supporters they could point you in the right direction!! then you can kick the crap out of them!!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I think we have all missed the other potential explanation. It was not a flare going off but rather Smudger exploding in a fit of rage at yet more tactical ineptitude from Lambert in only getting us to 3rd in the table![/quote]That would have been some achievement considering Smudger was in a different stand last night! lol

"Smudger was in a different stand last night! "

The South Stand, block F maybe ?

OK now I''ve calmed down let''s see if we can put this one to bed.I went OTT saying I would kick the crap out of them that was through anger at having breathing problems through inhaling the smoke, as I said before I suffer from COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) which is a disease of the lungs and that smoke left me having problems for over 24 hours.Saying that I wouldn''t think twice about trying to stop people setting one off near me in the future whether that''s by confronting them or giving the a quick slap.To answer a couple of things that have been asked of me in this thread: 1: No I don''t do Paintballing because of my breathing problems2: I would look a right plonker going round asking who set it off (and probably be accused of wanting to grass them up) and before anyone say''s it I know I''ve probably made my self look like a plonker in this thread.3: I always wear my colours at both Home and Away games (except for at Colchester last season for obvious reasons) and chose to be in the Snake Pit because I like to get behind the team by singing, chanting etcOne last point for those of you who think there is nothing wrong with setting them off, it is illegal to have them in a Football Ground in this Country and if it was to persist the Old Bill/Stewards/Club would be forced to do something about and I for one don''t want to return to being frisked on entering the Ground like they used to in the 70''s and 80''s.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yeah Harry pretty disgusting I could smell it from the upper Barclay. What people don''t understand is we''re not in an animalisitic cauldron that is Istanbul, we are a small farming city in Norfolk. Whoever bought them - Keep your fireworks at home - unless you want them shoved up your arse of course.[/quote]

Don''t do it kids, it''s dangerous. And I''m being serious here.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/igb5m1.jpg[/IMG]

FYI....

FOLLOWING an incident in which a smoke device was ignited at Carrow

Road during City''s recent match against Leicester, the Club is working

with police to identify the supporters involved.

Any fans identified via CCTV images and/or first-hand witness

accounts as being responsible for the incident will face a ban from

watching games at Carrow Road in future.

The Club takes the health and safety of its supporters and staff very

seriously indeed and such devices are clearly unsafe and in direct

contravention of the Football League Ground Regulations.

We have received complaints from a number of supporters about the incident, including those who were attending with children.

Anyone found attempting to bring any such devices into the stadium in the future will also face a ban from games at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]FYI....

FOLLOWING an incident in which a smoke device was ignited at Carrow Road during City''s recent match against Leicester, the Club is working with police to identify the supporters involved.

Any fans identified via CCTV images and/or first-hand witness accounts as being responsible for the incident will face a ban from watching games at Carrow Road in future.

The Club takes the health and safety of its supporters and staff very seriously indeed and such devices are clearly unsafe and in direct contravention of the Football League Ground Regulations.

We have received complaints from a number of supporters about the incident, including those who were attending with children.

Anyone found attempting to bring any such devices into the stadium in the future will also face a ban from games at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Whilst I understand that the club probably has to be seen to be acting so as to satisfy the relevant authorities and deter people in future i find it deeply sad that fans have "complained" to the club over thist. The whole thing was a bit of a damp squib, not even sure the thing went off properly. No real harm done. I can''t imagine for a moment any children found the episode anything other than mildly entertaining. Some of our fans really need to get a life. Having said that don''t know why I am surprised. probably the same people who complained about it being too noisy at Cardiff!

The government did warn us of terrorist activities.  This is quite obviously an act of terrorism.  And unless the culprits who let the yellow smoke bomb are caught asap.  Norwich City games should be suspended for the duration.  No it''s not an over-reaction, a pregnant woman was quite clearly in distress at the thought of her baby being born resembling a Chinaman.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]FYI....

FOLLOWING an incident in which a smoke device was ignited at Carrow Road during City''s recent match against Leicester, the Club is working with police to identify the supporters involved.

Any fans identified via CCTV images and/or first-hand witness accounts as being responsible for the incident will face a ban from watching games at Carrow Road in future.

The Club takes the health and safety of its supporters and staff very seriously indeed and such devices are clearly unsafe and in direct contravention of the Football League Ground Regulations.

[/quote]

Whilst I understand that the club probably has to be seen to be acting so as to satisfy the relevant authorities and deter people in future i find it deeply sad that fans have "complained" to the club over thist. The whole thing was a bit of a damp squib, not even sure the thing went off properly. No real harm done. I can''t imagine for a moment any children found the episode anything other than mildly entertaining. Some of our fans really need to get a life. Having said that don''t know why I am surprised. probably the same people who complained about it being too noisy at Cardiff!

[/quote]

Do you sit in the Barclay?  We do and it stunk, and I can understand how that acrid smoke would make someones asthma etc worse.

People were banging on not so long ago about people and smoking cigarettes in the ground, I certainly hope you don''t complain if someone lights a cigar, cigarette or pipe up near you.

Im all for having fun at the games, but flares, fireworks in a stand is a no no IMO.

[quote user="Harry"]Just to add, I wasn''t one of them who complained to the Club.
[/quote]

Me neither but if it affected my health like it did yours Harry, I might have considered it

Bunch of pussies......Should have been in Nam with me then you''d really know what smoke and napalm was all about.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Bunch of pussies......Should have been in Nam with me then you''d really know what smoke and napalm was all about.[/quote][IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/dyedinthewool/Smilies/Yawn.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Harry"]Just to add, I wasn''t one of them who complained to the Club.[/quote]

Me neither but if it affected my health like it did yours Harry, I might have considered it

[/quote]I really don''t think smoke bombs would me made of stuff that''s harmful.   Walking down the street breathing in exhaust fumes are more harmful.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Bunch of pussies......Should have been in Nam with me then you''d really know what smoke and napalm was all about.[/quote]What?? Where?! FakeNhAM? [:)](Yeah, thought it was funny first time? How about now?! Ha ha..whoops)