Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Tonites Game, Crofts And The Flare/smoke bomb In The Snake Pit

What a great game for the nuetral! I must admit when we signed Crofts and Russell went i wasnt 100% sure but he was absolutley immense tonight in everything he done, Breaking the play up and getting forward but also the bite he gives us in there is exactly what we need. Was also very impressed with Korey tonight i thought he had a spell of about 10 - 15 mins in the 2nd half when he absolutley tore them to shreds down the right, Also what an atmosphere in the snake pit!!! So much noise! But where did that yellow smoke bomb come from! I can still taste that!!!! Great night Ipswich losing aswell upto 3rd COYY!!!!!!!

[quote user="COYY"]What a great game for the nuetral! I must admit when we signed Crofts and Russell went i wasnt 100% sure but he was absolutley immense tonight in everything he done, Breaking the play up and getting forward but also the bite he gives us in there is exactly what we need. Was also very impressed with Korey tonight i thought he had a spell of about 10 - 15 mins in the 2nd half when he absolutley tore them to shreds down the right, Also what an atmosphere in the snake pit!!! So much noise! But where did that yellow smoke bomb come from! I can still taste that!!!! Great night Ipswich losing aswell upto 3rd COYY!!!!!!![/quote]Leeds lost 6-4 aswell lol but crofts was amazing tonight and drury scoring wow haha

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Think it came from one of the spotty kids who have sprung into the snake pit this year. It''s like bleedin ''blazin squad''[/quote]

Big LOL at that.

Thanks So funny. Because its true!

It stank and I sit at the very top of the Barclay! Surprised you snake pit lads haven''t enhaled toxic fumes!

What was that all about?!

Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!!

[quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!

Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]

Yeah it was lovely.

Reminded me of fireworks night as a kid !!!

"I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!! "

Did you

...... rather explains it then !

[quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.

It reminded me of the 70''s when fireworks were thrown around the old Barclay,I think it was a smokebomb anyway it was a bit silly and I would think the club will be taking steps to ID the culprit for a ban and conviction.It has no place in any part of the ground as we are a family club not a Millwall.Anyway a good  atmosphere in the Snakepit tonight, despite the efforts of the bald headed man in a jacket.The rather tasty head women in a jacket was better we sat down for her!!!

well  i thought it looked well good from the n&p  don''t really see what the problem is ? they have them all the time in turkey and  i''m not aware of mass deaths at feneberche games [:D]

You didn''t have to inhale the acrid smoke that it was giving off, I have COPD and my breathing is suffering from it now and I would imagine any asthma sufferers who were nearby are in the same boat.

Yeah Harry pretty disgusting I could smell it from the upper Barclay.

What people don''t understand is we''re not in an animalisitic cauldron that is Istanbul, we are a small farming city in Norfolk.

Whoever bought them - Keep your fireworks at home - unless you want them shoved up your arse of course.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!

Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]

I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.

[/quote]

Yes, ban them for life.

I think there were a couple of other people in the SP singing as well, hopefully the club can use CCTV to pick them out as well and put them in the stocks before the next home game.

Why all fans just can''t sit on their hands and make Carrow Road as dull as possible I don''t know!

Jesus wept - chill out pal.

Its about time somebody did something.....the place is so boring most of the time.

"Its about time somebody did something.....the place is so boring most of the time."

Correct. But don''t forget, we are the only fans in history to have booed our *own* pitch invasion after we won the league.

Just have to accept there is a large section of our support that is a dull as hell.

I listened to the commentary via BBC Leicester last night - and despite the fact their commentators were sat pretty much next to the Snakepit - they kept remarking about how quiet the ground was, even though there was 25k there.

Shame really as there are some Norwich fans that are passionate, they just get drowned/moaned out but the killjoys who probably haven''t enjoyed themselves since they were about nine-years-old. I guess we have to think of the asthma sufferers though, as mentioned below...

Sit down.

[quote user="Beijing Canary"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!

I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.

[/quote]

Yes, ban them for life.

I think there were a couple of other people in the SP singing as well, hopefully the club can use CCTV to pick them out as well and put them in the stocks before the next home game.

Why all fans just can''t sit on their hands and make Carrow Road as dull as possible I don''t know!

[/quote]

Shame you didn''t have the brains to read all of Harry''s posts...

If it was a flare, then they are banned and the idiot who set it off was taking a risk;

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/blackpool_fans_banned_for_deepdale_flares_1_136333

it really did stink, i was in block A upper Barclay and wondered what the hell was going on at first.

Was funny watching the stewards running around with a bucket of water though lol

Lots of people on here make comments about how quiet the crowd are, but thats not purely a Norwich thing. You go to most grounds and theres usually only one area that makes any noise.

Its just one of those things, most noise comes from the areas where the young men are gathered, other areas of any ground you get older people, families etc where you dont get a lot of noise from.

Personally i don''t think we are any quieter that the majority of teams in the country.

At the end of the day we all love the club and should praise not criticise the amount of fans we have and the loyalty of them

"Its about time somebody did something.....the place is so boring most of the time."

Correct. But don''t forget, we are the only fans in history to have booed our *own* pitch invasion after we won the league.

Just have to accept there is a large section of our support that is a dull as hell.

I listened to the commentary via BBC Leicester last night - and despite the fact their commentators were sat pretty much next to the Snakepit - they kept remarking about how quiet the ground was, even though there was 25k there.

Shame really as there are some Norwich fans that are passionate, they just get drowned/moaned out but the killjoys who probably haven''t enjoyed themselves since they were about nine-years-old. I guess we have to think of the asthma sufferers though, as mentioned below...

Sit down.

Correct!!

[/quote]

It was a flare which went wrong, no harm done!! it did stink though as i was about 3 rows behind it!!! funny watching the little Hitlers running about, nice to see the new "HEAD" Steward!!

It was a guy sitting about 10 seats along the longer row coming out of the snakepit. He had a white hat on. He was a regular city fans niece. He was justy spoke to by a few bald men telling him to piss off but then they just said don''t be a twat. Nothing harmful done but I don''t reckon he will be at many city games. This is good news for some but I quite liked it.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="flecky76"]What was that all about?!Anyone near it in the Snakepit?  I wafted into the Barclay Upper, where it was clearly smelt!!![/quote]I was near it and if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them.[/quote]

Yes, ban them for life.

[/quote]Who said anything about banning people you tool? I stand by what I said if I see someone trying to light one at future games I will kick the crap out of them. They have no right to affect mine or anybody elses health and I have the right to protect mine.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]It was a guy sitting about 10 seats along the longer row coming out of the snakepit. He had a white hat on. He was a regular city fans niece. He was justy spoke to by a few bald men telling him to piss off but then they just said don''t be a twat. Nothing harmful done but I don''t reckon he will be at many city games. This is good news for some but I quite liked it.[/quote]

Anyone able to translate this into English for me as I''m really struggling particularly with the bit refering to ''he'' being a ''niece'' ?????