Sign in to follow this  
26mjw

Just got back from FCR

Thoughts: Barnsley went up through their only real chance of the first half. City played some perfectly good football for the first 30 minutes but slowed down considerably. Korey was the standout good player, always good on the ball and great in the tackle. Rudd didn''t have much to do. 2nd half it was the opposite - we started slow but got more into it the more the team got riled by the ref. The entire tactical setup of Barnsley seemed to be to foul, to waste time, to roll around on the floor. There was no actual invention - just delaying tactics trying to slow the game down. The ref was atrocious, particularly misjudging a Crofts tackle that cleanly won the ball. Ant Mac''s introduction provided the injection of pace that tore their defence apart. He looked tricky and like he was going to be hacked down for a pen even before he slid in his cross. Chrissy Martins finish was an absolute peach and well earned. Both strikers were a bit lazy, Holt didn''t have a great first half but did better second, and Martin didn''t have his best game either but popped up when it was needed. He does look lively on the ball so you know why he gets left on even when he doesn''t have his best game. Our other standout player was Drury, for me. Class all day down that left wing, given that Lappin spent a bit too much time coming inside and leaving him exposed. Wes did ok, good on the ball but better in his workrate (2nd half anyway) and that''s a side of his game that just doesn''t get recognised enough - he isn''t the luxury some think he is. The only criticism i''d have of him is a habit of sometimes giving up a ball that was winnable. Barnett looks sharp but all too fond of hoofing it, which to be fair is what either JBA or Nelson do. Rudd didn''t have much to do but did what was needed fine. No mistakes, some wayward kicking, but not really tested. All in all I''d say a well earned win. Not vintage, not remarkable but well earned and Barnsley didn''t really deserve anything from it. Ref was shit, the sun was hot, the snakepit spend too much time trying to wind up the Barclay and the fans slowed down when the players slowed down. When the players made an effort, the fans got into it.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]All in all I''d say a well earned win. Not vintage, not remarkable but well earned and Barnsley didn''t really deserve anything from it. Ref was shit, the sun was hot, the snakepit spend too much time trying to wind up the Barclay and the fans slowed down when the players slowed down. When the players made an effort, the fans got into it. [/quote]The Snake Pit were trying to get the Barclay singing during the first half.

The Barclay today felt like the first half performance..... uninspired. We all know what the barclay are like and i am all to aware and a part of it but today...... something was missing.

I hope this was a blip! We need to see passion on the field to get going n they need our support so its a cycle.

I tell ya what though...... Crofts halfing players in fair tackles is bloody brilliant. Real bit of grit to him and that grit at the old farm will be priceless!

[quote user="archantadams"]The Barclay today felt like the first half performance..... uninspired. We all know what the barclay are like and i am all to aware and a part of it but today...... something was missing.

I hope this was a blip! We need to see passion on the field to get going n they need our support so its a cycle.

I tell ya what though...... Crofts halfing players in fair tackles is bloody brilliant. Real bit of grit to him and that grit at the old farm will be priceless![/quote]Loved the one he did pretty much in the centre of the pitch when he hit the ball and KO the Barnsley player ( pretty much the begining of the Barnsley players injury problems *yawn* ) He dropped the player blatently took the ball and the ref just played on , great tackle and great call from the ref.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]Thoughts: Barnsley went up through their only real chance of the first half. City played some perfectly good football for the first 30 minutes but slowed down considerably. Korey was the standout good player, always good on the ball and great in the tackle. Rudd didn''t have much to do.

2nd half it was the opposite - we started slow but got more into it the more the team got riled by the ref. The entire tactical setup of Barnsley seemed to be to foul, to waste time, to roll around on the floor. There was no actual invention - just delaying tactics trying to slow the game down. The ref was atrocious, particularly misjudging a Crofts tackle that cleanly won the ball. Ant Mac''s introduction provided the injection of pace that tore their defence apart. He looked tricky and like he was going to be hacked down for a pen even before he slid in his cross. Chrissy Martins finish was an absolute peach and well earned.

Both strikers were a bit lazy, Holt didn''t have a great first half but did better second, and Martin didn''t have his best game either but popped up when it was needed. He does look lively on the ball so you know why he gets left on even when he doesn''t have his best game. Our other standout player was Drury, for me. Class all day down that left wing, given that Lappin spent a bit too much time coming inside and leaving him exposed. Wes did ok, good on the ball but better in his workrate (2nd half anyway) and that''s a side of his game that just doesn''t get recognised enough - he isn''t the luxury some think he is. The only criticism i''d have of him is a habit of sometimes giving up a ball that was winnable. Barnett looks sharp but all too fond of hoofing it, which to be fair is what either JBA or Nelson do. Rudd didn''t have much to do but did what was needed fine. No mistakes, some wayward kicking, but not really tested.

All in all I''d say a well earned win. Not vintage, not remarkable but well earned and Barnsley didn''t really deserve anything from it. Ref was shit, the sun was hot, the snakepit spend too much time trying to wind up the Barclay and the fans slowed down when the players slowed down. When the players made an effort, the fans got into it.
[/quote]

Pretty good summary of yesterdays events, you are too sensible to be on here!