Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

ontheballcity.com Norwich v Barnsley Match Report

Great report SP. Poor game but Norwich clearly the better side. Is it me or do we look like a more physically aggressive side these days. Martin, Holt, Crofts, Smith can all put their foot in. Impressed too with my first look at Barnett - looks solid and seemed to manage the offside line for the back 4 well. Also noticed that the Canaries seemed fitter than Barnsley today - several of the Barnsley camp including Shackell seemed to have a problem with cramp - our boys seemed full of running right to the end - sign of wha Lambert has done to the team. Good stuff today although not pretty but job done.

[quote user="Sibebluerobin"]Great report SP. Poor game but Norwich clearly the better side. Is it me or do we look like a more physically aggressive side these days. Martin, Holt, Crofts, Smith can all put their foot in. Impressed too with my first look at Barnett - looks solid and seemed to manage the offside line for the back 4 well. Also noticed that the Canaries seemed fitter than Barnsley today - several of the Barnsley camp including Shackell seemed to have a problem with cramp - our boys seemed full of running right to the end - sign of wha Lambert has done to the team. Good stuff today although not pretty but job done.[/quote]

I completely agree with the fitness levels. It did appear quite evident late on, Barnsley definitely started to struggle and we took full control. It''s something Lambert has definitely added to the side and will be vitally important throughout the season. Crofts and Smith have added a physical edge, doing the hard work to play the ball to our more creative players. If we keep consistent, who knows what could happen? ''Dare to dream!''

SP