Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Following on from Methane''s Why no post about the useless ref?  I thought why not give a view on ''the man in the black''s'' perfomance. So here goes...

After we saw the Ref give a goal kick to Barnsley early in the game at the Barclay end when it was certainly appeared a  corner, I thought here we go again. I was not disappointed either, Gavin Ward turned in a rather strange performance. There were challenged that I felt deserved penalising that he let go and there were some he where he should have played an advantage and didn''t. There were also the absolute bizarre decisions that mysteriously went the wrong way too. Mr Ward allowed far too much play acting for my liking, people going down like the sniper in the crowd had got them - and people with cramp can get to the sidelines under their own steam for treatment rather than be treated on the pitch holding the game up. Mr Ward was no different from all the refs in recent seasons and did nothing to stop the time wasting (My personal hate). It only takes one yellow card to let players see you are not prepared to tolerate it, if you ignore it everyone will join in and slow the game down to a crawl. As someone said on another thread once you have given the free kick near to the edge of the box and paced the wall back, don''t turn your back on them, a yard or two will certainly be taken if you are not watching. Mr Ward took far to long in talking to players and didn''t allow the game to flow, if you are going to card the players do it straight away and lets get on with it. Don''t spend ten minutes saying what a nice day it is.

Overall - Below Average 4

Still think the guy yesterday was heaps better than Watford or Swansea ref.I mean seriously, Chrissy Martin getting mounted vs Watford and then what ref in the world honestly gives a peno for a foul by a keeper and doesnt auto red the keeper ?!? ( not complaining ) but seriously, either no Peno or Ruddy walks !!Compared to those 2 clowns thought the guy yesterday did a sterling job more worthy of a 6 than a 4 !

[quote user="NexusCanary"]Still think the guy yesterday was heaps better than Watford or Swansea ref.I mean seriously, Chrissy Martin getting mounted vs Watford and then what ref in the world honestly gives a peno for a foul by a keeper and doesnt auto red the keeper ?!? ( not complaining ) but seriously, either no Peno or Ruddy walks !!Compared to those 2 clowns thought the guy yesterday did a sterling job more worthy of a 6 than a 4 ![/quote]

Maybe because Ruddy hadn''t denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity

I thought it was a very good decision not to send Ruddy off.

The attacker clearly had no chance of getting the ball as he had toe poked it into touch, therefore Ruddy had not denied a goal scoring opportunity. One-on-one does not always equate to goal scoring opportunity.

It would have been easy for the ref to send him off. His decision showed an awareness often lacking in many of his fellow refs.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]Can''t wait for Tuesdays Ref report. In fact, I think it could be written now to be honest.[/quote]

who is it d''urso?

[/quote]Better than that - its Eddie Ilderton the Tranmere game muppett from last year!